Opinion Next Coach now down to Sumich or Simpson. Who do you want ?

Coach : Now down to two Sumich / Simpson. Who do you want ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Homer Simpson.
Wouldn't be disappointed with Sumich though the more I think about it.

Big call for the club.

I voted Simpson.

Sumich has the history but are we going to see anything new from him or will it be a Woosha / Lyons defensive press game?

Simpson is highly regarded and coming out of a very successful club and period. A breath of fresh air possibly.

In all honesty we don't have enough information to make the right decision. Is Suma hungry to be a coach? Is Simpson ready? What programs and assistant coaches would they bring to the club? I would look at the entire package and not just the individual person. My gut feel is that Suma would be a better short term option while Simpson would represent a better long term option. What do you want to go for?

Simpson please, not saying suma wouldnt be a good coach, but would really love a non west coast influence at the club, in saying that for all we know simpson could be a flop but for now i would like to see him get the gig.

In all honesty we don't have enough information to make the right decision. Is Suma hungry to be a coach? Is Simpson ready? What programs and assistant coaches would they bring to the club? I would look at the entire package and not just the individual person. My gut feel is that Suma would be a better short term option while Simpson would represent a better long term option. What do you want to go for?

Completely agree, suma would have a lot of fremantle and west coast contacts, simpson hawthorn and maybe north melbourne contacts, but he has been around the hawks for a long time and has seen clarko transform the list twice to get them to premierships so feel he could offer more than suma, but its all speculation at this stage

Simpsons coaching career is 3 years as an assistant at Hawthorn.......mmmmmm

Simpsons coaching career is 3 years as an assistant at Hawthorn.......mmmmmm

Sumich would be a safer bet in that regard but I wonder how much he has left in the tank. I could see him being burnt out and turning into another Woosha. He has been coaching for a long time and when he moved to Freo I remember him saying he really enjoyed the extra spare time he was given. That was sort of a red flag for me, the next coach has to live and breath football 24/7.

Simpson please, not saying suma wouldnt be a good coach, but would really love a non west coast influence at the club, in saying that for all we know simpson could be a flop but for now i would like to see him get the gig.

West Coast influence >>>> Norf & Hawks influence.

(this isn't serious, I just wanted a reason to bag Norf, but we are better)

West Coast influence >>>> Norf & Hawks influence.

(this isn't serious, I just wanted a reason to bag Norf, but we are better)

Haha bagging Norf like it's going out of fashion, even though Brad Scott still manages to maintain a semblance of relevance (re: bagging).

We are better, as I keep telling those uneducated at work who have little understanding of history, and we have the cash. Time to marry that arrogance and cash with a serious intent to out-bid, out-coach and out-develop the rest of the competition. Pinch whomever we deem necessary and white ant the same. Time for this bird to spread its wings and flex its muscle

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back