Prediction Next Coach Sacked (2024 edition)

Next coach sacked

• GWS- Adam Kingsley - Oct 2022

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Aristotle Pickett WillHayward

combined thread

Next Coach sacked or forced to resign.

-Longmuir needs to make finals
-Chris Scott doesn't seem like a rebuilding coach and could go if they have a horror start
- Clarkson could implode again at any time
-Goodwin is my tip as there seems to be underlying issues with culture there.

Bevo, Simpson and Hinkley are safe in my opinion.

Last edited:
Chris Scott. Never fun to try to oversee a complete re-build. Many a wise person has incorrectly predicted a Geelong crash, but I think this will finally be the year.

He's been a great servant, but realistically could be 1-5 after a tough start to the season.

Chris Scott. Never fun to try to oversee a complete re-build. Many a wise person has incorrectly predicted a Geelong crash, but I think this will finally be the year.

He's been a great servant, but realistically could be 1-5 after a tough start to the season.
1-5 start? How did you come to that?

We will be underdogs against the Lions and Crows away, but I would think we would likely start favourites against the rest. Certainly against your mob and the Saints and Roos at home.

Reckon Simpson sees out his contract then makes way for Dean Cox in 2025.

We love money

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would you say Brad Scott is a development coach or a coach who wants a premiership every year?

I take it you mean Chris as that is who you had in the OP. 0% chance Chris gets sacked or forced to resign whatever happens. Maybe a 5% chance he pulls a Hardwick but he would wait until the end of the season at a minimum.

I take it you mean Chris as that is who you had in the OP. 0% chance Chris gets sacked or forced to resign whatever happens. Maybe a 5% chance he pulls a Hardwick but he would wait until the end of the season at a minimum.
Yes Chris Scott I meant. It's only my opinion. Corey Enright should be the coach atm imo.

chris scott could probably be coach for the next 10 years at geelong if he wanted to

the obvious options are bevo or simpson, with longmuir and goodwin being realistic chances too

I can see quite a lot of coaching changes next year:

Luke Beveridge is gone if the Bulldogs miss the 8
Adam Simpson is gone if West Coast don't improve much
Justin Longmuir is gone if Freo have another bad year
Matthew Nicks surely couldn't survive 5 years of no finals if they are to miss again

If Geelong start poorly then I can definitely see Chris Scott doing a Hardwick and jumping off the ship. He'll easily get a senior coaching gig elsewhere so why go through a rebuild after 14 years and 2 flags?

Melbourne look like they could implode at any moment so Simon Goodwin could finish up there too.

So potentially, Port Adelaide could miss out on up to 6 of the next best available coaches when we inevitably back in Hinkley for 2025. And I'll still get asked "WhO ArE YoU GoInG tO GeT?"

Back