Preview Next Coach Sacked

Who is the next coach to be sacked?

• Total voters

Socrates2

Club Legend
AFL Club
Richmond
Thread starter #1
Anything could happen ,contracts are just pieces of paper. Stuart Dew could well be safe even if Gold Coast win only 2 games.Richardson is under pressure, but just has to win a few more games than last year. I'm going for Chris Scott, the cat fans aren't happy with mediocre.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Real Madrid, Liverpool

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RobbieGray17

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Surely Richardson is red hot fave for this. Talk about going nowhere fast.
Sometimes I think the public are quick to stick the boot in when time aren't so good but clubs are well aware of where they are headed and the quality of the coach such as Hardwick and Buckley. However I can't see much light at the end of the tunnel for Richardson. Their list is terrible, and I can't see St Kilda persisting with him beyond 2019. They're gonna need at least two to three seasons to get some youth into their side.

Hinkley : Miss the 8
C. Scott: Miss the 8 and going nowhere
Richo: Needs a miracle

Most of the others mentioned are works in progress and seem to be well supported.

master bate

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Melbourne
Unsackable premiership heroes: Clarko, Simpson, Bevo, Hardwick

Close enough recently enough: Buckley, Pyke

The tenured pros: Longmire, C Scott - you can mount a case for change but these clubs haven't shown any desire to do so, why would that change?

Can afford a down year: Fagan, Goodwin

The ??? - coaches of teams with unusual expectations: Bolton (4+ wins and competitive should retain him), Dew (very low bar), B Scott (needs some wins but has been backed by North to handle a rebuild on the run)

The 'I guess they have some leeway': Worsfold, Cameron

The hot seat: Hinkley, Lyon, Richardson

AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
I voted Hinkley. Port burst into premiership contention what, 4 or 5 years ago now? And have been stuck in mediocrity since and now has had genuine stars leave with some ageing stars fading. If they fall off a cliff next season, which they might, surely regardless of contract he is out the door!

Hamingja

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Geelong
Chris Scott is not getting sacked, they just signed him up until 2050 so the club are happy with him even if the fans are not.

Richardson is on a hiding to nothing.

Hinkley is in trouble but at least he has the pieces at his disposal to be able to turn it around if he is good enough.

SOS expects improvement from Carlton so if Bolton doesn't get it he is toast. SOS can make the call at the trade table and make Bolton the scapegoat if it doesn't come off.

AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Chris Scott is not getting sacked, they just signed him up until 2050 so the club are happy with him even if the fans are not.

Hinkley is in trouble but at least he has the pieces at his disposal to be able to turn it around if he is good enough.

SOS expects improvement from Carlton so if Bolton doesn't get it he is toast. SOS can make the call at the trade table and make Bolton the scapegoat if it doesn't come off.
If Bolton gets sacked and SOS doesn't, that would be a disgrace. Both equally to blame if things don't improve.

Isaac Cumming No 1

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
GWS

:greenalien:Another 32 years is an impressive commitment from a club.

I did notice Bolton seemed to lose the endless positivity in his pressers a bit last year. I read that as just the honeymoon is over and the reality has sunk in. He's taken on a huge job to turn around the Blues and the stress must be enormous.

I dont think they will sack him for a few years at least. I think the club has come to a place where the quick fix is on the nose. Another change at this point would possibly set off another spiral, and it has to stop somewhere.

They dont really have any of the signs of an unhappy playing group. They must be getting sick of losing though, and it's largely for the players to address that.

markm106

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Melbourne
I think Richardson. I do think the blues will improve so Bolton should survive. Another year like last season and he’ll be in trouble though.

Top Bottom