Prediction Next Coach Sacked

Who is the next coach to be sacked?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Teague, Hinkley, Cameron, Dew probably the worst four. Simpson not far off from that group.

I think people who are saying Simpson are crazy. Eagles don't often sack coaches. They had Worsfold for what... 10 years? And it felt like they were spinning their wheels with him for ages. Simpson won a flag a few years ago, has taken eagles to multiple final series since then. He isn't in trouble. Does he need to change things up a little? For sure, but he isn't going anywhere.

All this talk about Simpson is the same talk in the past people have had about Chris Scott or Horse. Clubs just dont get rid of coaches with that sort of track record.

I think people who are saying Simpson are crazy. Eagles don't often sack coaches. They had Worsfold for what... 10 years? And it felt like they were spinning their wheels with him for ages. Simpson won a flag a few years ago, has taken eagles to multiple final series since then. He isn't in trouble. Does he need to change things up a little? For sure, but he isn't going anywhere.

All this talk about Simpson is the same talk in the past people have had about Chris Scott or Horse. Clubs just dont get rid of coaches with that sort of track record.
We're also p*ssing money right now and would be loathe to pay out his contract. He'll be here until the current contract expires, but if he doesnt improve on-field performance in that time then reckon he'll get the chop.

Tom Morris just said "David Teague will not be Carlton coach next year".

Tom Morris just said "David Teague will not be Carlton coach next year".

I’ll only believe it when Tom Browne tweets it

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why the furor, should a coach or player , lose their touch over a period of time, with out any hope of improvement he becomes a liability their position is untenable.

Do Eagles players get told to go the knuckle when losing the derby or is the culture just so cooked that it’s a default reaction?

Suns only have 3-4 possible wins remaining this season unless they can spring a major surprise.

If they win four more games this season Dew will have a win percentage of 20.7% from 85 games coached.

This would lag behind Brendon Bolton who got 82 games at 25.61%, Guy McKenna 88 games at 27.27% and the late Dean Bailey 83 games at 27.7%.

So basically if Dew overperforms from here he can reach the level of Bolton, McKenna and Bailey.

He would have coached double the number of games of Matthew Primus (better win percentage), Tim Watson (better), Just Leppitsch (equivalent) and Peter Rhode (equivalent).

If the Suns underperform (3 wins or less from here) and keep Dew into 2022, he'll give Mark Neeld a real shake, from triple the number of games coached. Neeld who is basically peerless as the worst performed coach in the AFL era with the exception of late-stages Fitzroy coaches like Quinlan and McConnell.

He's building the least impressive resume of any AFL coach other than Neeld since Fitzroy and no matter what documentaries, press conferences or media fluffing he receives, I just don't think he or his club have got what it takes to turn it around in this partnership they've seemingly doubled down on.

Since writing this post the Suns have massively over-performed. They've won six games including the noteworthy scalp of Richmond.

I'm going to zag. If it was in any way acceptable to keep Dew into 2020, never mind 2021, then wouldn't you just commit fully to the mistake at this point?

The club should've sacked this premium version of Mark Neeld after 1 season, if not after 30 games. Instead he's coached 85 games and still has time on his contract. So at this point they may as well see it through.

Sack everyone who approved Dew's contract extension instead.

Since writing this post the Suns have massively over-performed. They've won six games including the noteworthy scalp of Richmond.

I'm going to zag. If it was in any way acceptable to keep Dew into 2020, never mind 2021, then wouldn't you just commit fully to the mistake at this point?

The club should've sacked this premium version of Mark Neeld after 1 season, if not after 30 games. Instead he's coached 85 games and still has time on his contract. So at this point they may as well see it through.

Sack everyone who approved Dew's contract extension instead.
I don’t think the AFL will allow him
to keep coaching. Nor would they care about contracts etc. Their brand is at stake and they aren’t going to sit back and watch it burn down. Given the AFL bank roll GC anyway, I can’t see why they’d keep persisting with him.

With Teague gone

Has to be Dew next
Chris Scott could be a smoky if they bomb out next week. Out of contract next year
Will be some pressure on the WA teams coaches next year too

Back