Prediction Next Coach Sacked

Who is the next coach to be sacked?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Unsackable premiership heroes: Clarko, Simpson, Bevo, Hardwick

Close enough recently enough: Buckley, Pyke

The tenured pros: Longmire, C Scott - you can mount a case for change but these clubs haven't shown any desire to do so, why would that change?

Can afford a down year: Fagan, Goodwin

The ??? - coaches of teams with unusual expectations: Bolton (4+ wins and competitive should retain him), Dew (very low bar), B Scott (needs some wins but has been backed by North to handle a rebuild on the run)

The 'I guess they have some leeway': Worsfold, Cameron

The hot seat: Hinkley, Lyon, Richardson
I wonder how long Beveridge's immunity will last. Two poor years and some signs he isn't moving on from a brilliant 2016 tactically.

I get he's not under the pump right now and I did hear an ex Dogs tactician in Tim Kelly speak reverentially of him last year. Whether that's because he left before the fall I'm not sure.

I think bolts is under pressure. Just feel that he is massively under the pump, to get a lot of improvement. Next one for me would be Richardson.

Beveridge as a dark horse, western Bulldogs haven’t really lived up to the hype and expectations after winning the premiership in 2016. Another dark horse at the end of the year is Cameron from GWS, if they don’t make the grandfinal could be seen as under achieving.

Clarko, Fagan, Dew, Hardwick, Simpson and Buckley are pretty safe. The North Scott should be reasonably safe, as he seems to be doing a great job with the list he has. The Geelong Scott probably needs finals again, in saying that seems to have the backing of the Geelong board.

All the others are probably safe next year, but will need to show improvement especially Hinkley.

I think bolts is under pressure. Just feel that he is massively under the pump, to get a lot of improvement. Next one for me would be Richardson.

Beveridge as a dark horse, western Bulldogs haven’t really lived up to the hype and expectations after winning the premiership in 2016. Another dark horse at the end of the year is Cameron from GWS, if they don’t make the grandfinal could be seen as under achieving.

Clarko, Fagan, Dew, Hardwick, Simpson and Buckley are pretty safe. The North Scott should be reasonably safe, as he seems to be doing a great job with the list he has. The Geelong Scott probably needs finals again, in saying that seems to have the backing of the Geelong board.

All the others are probably safe next year, but will need to show improvement especially Hinkley.
Port are hard to read from the outside. Incredible stubborn loyalty is the club's culture. If it does turn it'll turn hard and quickly though.

What do GWS supporters think they have to do to keep Cameron?

I mean watching them this year to last, they seemed to be getting that hard edge needed.

If i was a supporter i would be thinking at least make the granny with a healthy list

Richardson and Bolton will both be sacked next year. Not sure who'd be first sacked tho.
Not sure why Carlton would sack Bolts?
New coach will set them back again, just putting the process back even futher. (Perpetual motion)

From an outsiders perspective Richardson is alot closer to being out of a job than Bolton. Even Hinkley is on thin ice

What do GWS supporters think they have to do to keep Cameron?

I mean watching them this year to last, they seemed to be getting that hard edge needed.

If i was a supporter i would be thinking at least make the granny with a healthy list
Like half a dozen other clubs our goal will be a home QF, and we'll believe it's realistic.

As for Leon next year is his 5th year and that's about the time to sit back and have a think about the coach. It will be delayed a year because his contract goes to the end of 2020 though.

More than other clubs we needed to impose stability over the last few years because the club is doing everything for the first time and it's a steep learning curve. We brought in exoerience in the start up phase but that helps rather than removes the issue.

As a new club instability has the potential to send us spinning downwards in my view. It can happen at any club, but the risk is greater without established culture and tradition to fall back on.

Leon was a great choice as we built a winning supportive culture, relationships with the players is his strength and what we needed. He showed the trust to delegate last year for the second half of the year. At some point I think he has to hand back the micro-management of players to the leadership group though. Not a huge deal and he may well akways slend some time on the bench.

In 2020 we review what we need moving forward and make a decision. I think he will be re-contracted assuming he's up for it, but it's not certain. A successful year next year matters a bit. He will never be measured against nuffies expectations that we should have won multiple flags by now though.

It would take something truly extraordinary for him not to be coach till the end of his contract.

Not sure why Carlton would sack Bolts?
Same reason they sacked Ratten... they have nfi what they're doing.

Having said that, if Bolt's can't win half a dozen games (three years in) with a best 22 that's 80% first round draft picks, he might actually be a bit s**t.

Like half a dozen other clubs our goal will be a home QF, and we'll believe it's realistic.

As for Leon next year is his 5th year and that's about the time to sit back and have a think about the coach. It will be delayed a year because his contract goes to the end of 2020 though.

More than other clubs we needed to impose stability over the last few years because the club is doing everything for the first time and it's a steep learning curve. We brought in exoerience in the start up phase but that helps rather than removes the issue.

As a new club instability has the potential to send us spinning downwards in my view. It can happen at any club, but the risk is greater without established culture and tradition to fall back on.

Leon was a great choice as we built a winning supportive culture, relationships with the players is his strength and what we needed. He showed the trust to delegate last year for the second half of the year. At some point I think he has to hand back the micro-management of players to the leadership group though. Not a huge deal and he may well akways slend some time on the bench.

In 2020 we review what we need moving forward and make a decision. I think he will be re-contracted assuming he's up for it, but it's not certain. A successful year next year matters a bit. He will never be measured against nuffies expectations that we should have won multiple flags by now though.

It would take something truly extraordinary for him not to be coach till the end of his contract.
The post is a little confusing, when you start with a QF as a goal, but i get what you mean.

He is safe, as you think stability matters more?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder how long Beveridge's immunity will last. Two poor years and some signs he isn't moving on from a brilliant 2016 tactically.

I’ll give you the benefit of doubt in not knowing that there had been a number of shuffling across the assistant roles that has IMO upset the balance, however that doesn’t absolve Bev from any responsibility.

However it is unlikely, based on the existence of an in club culture of protecting the golden child, that Bev would be sacked within 3 seasons of a rare flag

Mmm

I think you start the season with a H/A goal and reset for finals.
Yes, every club would, and like i said, i get what you mean.

The confusing aspect is, if you set the bar so high, with realistic views of reaching it, then don't reach it, i would think there would need to be questions asked.
Especially with such a talented group who should be mature enough now.

But you kind of explained your views on that later by saying you think stability is more important at this point.

Same reason they sacked Ratten... they have nfi what they're doing.

Having said that, if Bolt's can't win half a dozen games (three years in) with a best 22 that's 80% first round draft picks, he might actually be a bit s**t.
Its not his fault the cultures s**t.
Success breeds success, atm the arn't getting much of that.

If only we knew someone who could turn around s**t culture at a professional sporting organization ;)

I’ll give you the benefit of doubt in not knowing that there had been a number of shuffling across the assistant roles that has IMO upset the balance, however that doesn’t absolve Bev from any responsibility.

However it is unlikely, based on the existence of an in club culture of protecting the golden child, that Bev would be sacked within 3 seasons of a rare flag
I said in the part of my post you edited though. I just wonder how long.

As I said Tim Kelly spoke surprisingly positively about him, at a function of the Giants faithful where I didn't really expect it to be said of any opposition coach. Let alone a Bulldogs coach where he would have known Giants fans wouldn't have wanted to hear it.

Its not his fault the cultures s**t.
Success breeds success, atm the arn't getting much of that.

If only we knew someone who could turn around s**t culture at a professional sporting organization ;)
:DRoos would have apoplexy turning up every day confronted by so many ex giants players.

I think only Richardson is unsafe. I think were in an era where clubs do proper reviews when things are wrong and realise that the coach is very rarely the problem. The other thing is that it's easy to suggest that a coach should be sacked but on the other hand who is out there as candidates to take over?

Richardson stands out for me. I'm not sure he's well supported or liked by any part of the football community. I think he would need to suddenly make finals to hold his position.

Bolton could get sacked. Its hard to say because Carlton expectations are generally very low so even finishing 15th might be seen as good enough. If they finished dead last I think he would get sacked.

No one else stands out for me but there's a few coaches that could be on shaky ground if they had a shocking season out of nowhere.

I think only Richardson is unsafe. I think were in an era where clubs do proper reviews when things are wrong and realise that the coach is very rarely the problem. The other thing is that it's easy to suggest that a coach should be sacked but on the other hand who is out there as candidates to take over?
You're also in a worse place quickly if the new coach doesn't work.

I think Longmire is (or should be) a dark horse to get the flick.

I'd say Buddy has only 3 years (tops) of his prime left, and they (Swans) simply cannot afford to keep on a stagnant coach whom i believe cannot take that list (which is still good enough to win a flag) any further.

Horse is now finally facing heat in the media, with Derm accusing him of wasting Buddy's once in a generation talent last season (hard to disagree tbh)

I could see Beveridge having a massive falling out with Peter Gordon if The Dogs have another poor season too

I think Longmire is (or should be) a dark horse to get the flick.

I'd say Buddy has only 3 years (tops) of his prime left, and they (Swans) simply cannot afford to keep on a stagnant coach whom i believe cannot take that list (which is still good enough to win a flag) any further.

Horse is now finally facing heat in the media, with Derm accusing him of wasting Buddy's once in a generation talent last season (hard to disagree tbh)

I could see Beveridge having a massive falling out with Peter Gordon if The Dogs have another poor season too
Longmire keeps taking his team into contention against predictions year after year. I think he'll go when he wants to.

Back