Prediction Next Coach Sacked

Who is the next coach to be sacked?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

So you confirmed and agreed that he fields 10-12(14) premiership players. With that many premiership players on the field you would expect better performances then have been given.

If we played Roberts that would be another premiership player. Reckon he’d improve the team?

Again, you make a stupid point there.

Lol - Richo will not see out the year because of his finals clause - that was always a given - we overachieved at the start of the year - we only got to 4-1 because of the timing of when we played teams like Melbourne, Essendon and Hawthorn.

Still predicting about 9 wins for the year.

Richo has started to turn a corner. I think he'd be stiff to be sacked now.

Pyke, Goodwin, Worsfold and Hinkley far more deserving. They should all be genuine contenders.

My original vote was Richo but I like what he has done this year. Unless it goes seriously south I'd give him at least next year in the hope they can get most of their better players on the park.

I think Woosha is gone if they don't play finals. Same with Pyke.

Pyke and Lyon probably chances if their sides miss the 8. Especially Pyke as Adelaide aren't aging well.
We'd have to completely implode in the second half of the season for Ross to get sacked. More a chance of him being poached by another club.
Agree on Pyke. They remind me of Freo in the second half of 2015. Still win more then they lose but on the downward trend. Could become seriously toilet in the next year or 2.

No way Ross will get sacked - the season Freo is having is very impressive. Have they played Geelong already or not?

8599c7b8-ceaa-485f-96f4-323cd29e2240

Goodwin just needs to change his centre circle formation. They play like the Crows did 10 years ago. Too tight on the inside allowing the opposition to sweat off for the outside release. Relax the perimeter and he will be fine

I would spend a dollar or 2 on Melbourne making the 4 next year if he does. There are great accumulators in the side, they just accumulate too much in a small area

Chris Scott

Has underachieved since 2012. If he fails to win the flag after this hot start (especially with ye holy trinity). Geelong would be wise to show him the exit (serves them right for extending his contract time after time).

He's already proven that they've not fixed the bye issue.

I thought Richardson and Hinkley would be gone by now. I actually rate them as coaches pretty highly but I’m surprised how long they have lasted considering it’s a results business. St Kilda are still suffering from the hole Ross Lyon left them in while Port are just too slow around the middle for the current state of the game to challenge with the best. I can understand keeping Hinkley at this point as he has had some good results with the club especially in 2014 but Richo is pretty lucky I reckon. Copping some bad luck from injuries this season might be his downfall as the results have turned bad but their start to the season showed some hope so hopefully they stick with him. Most coaching sackings are pressure by the media so it will take a few really bad results and bad press for any coach to go. Bolton this recent example had no hope after the media onslaught against him. I do believe coaching jobs are more stable now so hopefully that continues.

Won't cop that as an excuse, we're not Carlton and we've had enough time to enact list changes.
Richo's not losing his job because of 2019, he's losing his job because he's incapable of taking this group further, 2018 aside. our team had been mid-table at best, coping some huge hidings each year and finishing each year with a poor percentage. Incapable and seems too inflexible to enact change. 2016/7/9 are repeats of themselves. and then you have 2018. Better coaches can change a teams momentum mid-season, Richo cant, and we're seeing it happen again in 2019. The Plan is pressure and strongness at the contest. which is very pleasing, but it's not capable of kicking winning scores ( 17 games since we last kicked 100 points )

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Won't cop that as an excuse, we're not Carlton and we've had enough time to enact list changes.
Richo's not losing his job because of 2019, he's losing his job because he's incapable of taking this group further, 2018 aside. our team had been mid-table at best, coping some huge hidings each year and finishing each year with a poor percentage. Incapable and seems too inflexible to enact change. 2016/7/9 are repeats of themselves. and then you have 2018. Better coaches can change a teams momentum mid-season, Richo cant, and we're seeing it happen again in 2019. The Plan is pressure and strongness at the contest. which is very pleasing, but it's not capable of kicking winning scores ( 17 games since we last kicked 100 points )
Well the question has to be asked, is the list strong enough to be any more than a mid table side? Maybe Richo was getting the most out of the group. Sacking the coach isn't going to change anything. You have to look at so many different factors; the players available, the effort in performance week to week, the support staff (which shuffled around at the end of last year and worked for the first 5 weeks).

You don't want to use injuries as an excuse but if you told me that by Round 15 we'd have 6 wins with 5 our our top 7 from last years B&F missing at different stages (some for the most part) you'd absolutely take it every time. I don't think it would be fair on him to lose his job due to extremely unrealistic expectations set by the board. If we finish the year with 8/9 wins which is likely, he doesn't deserve to be sacked.

Well the question has to be asked, is the list strong enough to be any more than a mid table side? Maybe Richo was getting the most out of the group. Sacking the coach isn't going to change anything. You have to look at so many different factors; the players available, the effort in performance week to week, the support staff (which shuffled around at the end of last year and worked for the first 5 weeks).

You don't want to use injuries as an excuse but if you told me that by Round 15 we'd have 6 wins with 5 our our top 7 from last years B&F missing at different stages (some for the most part) you'd absolutely take it every time. I don't think it would be fair on him to lose his job due to extremely unrealistic expectations set by the board. If we finish the year with 8/9 wins which is likely, he doesn't deserve to be sacked.

and at the end of 2017 if I said that come bye w/e of 2019 you'd have
an average winning margin
2019 - an average winning margin of 12 points (median(8)), and avg. losing margin of 49.3 points(median(37)) - only twice have we scored over 80 points
2018 - 18.6( median(13.5)) losing margin of 36.5(median(35.5)). - three times scored over 100 points
2017 - (31)median(21)) and losing margin of 36.7(median(40)). - seven times scored over 100 points

I'm not sure how that downward trend somehow equals the coach doing a good job. Is the team doing better than 2018, yes, but still worse than 2016/7. for a coach in his 6th year it doesn't compute, and as you said there are many actors involved, but look at our players and where is the progression, how have so many of our promising players since 2017 stagnated or regressed. Did you know we haven't kicked 100 points in a game since round 17 (July 13) 2018

as for the "unrealistic expectations of the board". he signed that contract in Oct 2017 with that expectation there, I'm amazed he lasted last year, let alone the results past round 6 onwards this year.

how is retaining him going to change things because it's clear there needs to be change
6 years is long enough to get a team sorted for better results than this.
the second longest serving coach in StKilda's history,

and yet to make a final.......

Alan Richardson followed by Worsfold and Hinkley depending on end of year results.

Alan Richardson could b gone by the end of this week with a crushing loss.
No doubt with Lethlean basically telling the footy world of his intentions by forcing himself into the box.
This guy thinks he is still at the AFL where he can just bully anybody. I wonder if Richardson on Monday morning went into Lethlean's office and sat next to him and listened to all of the phone calls he made? What a douche.

No doubt with Lethlean basically telling the footy world of his intentions by forcing himself into the box.
This guy thinks he is still at the AFL where he can just bully anybody. I wonder if Richardson on Monday morning went into Lethlean's office and sat next to him and listened to all of the phone calls he made? What a douche.

The GM is now 'looking' for evidence to sack him. It doesn't matter what richardson do now, the target is on him, the club is simply going to find a reason to sack him. At quarter time, it was 47-7, a 120 pt belting looking likely and that would be the end of richardson but the score stayed at max of 40. The GM is now going to be in the box until there is a bad enough game. St kilda hs already made up their mind but still wants to be seen as having done all due diligence and give enough support to the coach. While i don't know if this is exactly the way richardson is going to be sack, i certain got sacked this way in one of my previous job.

Back