• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Socrates2

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Anything could happen ,contracts are just pieces of paper. Stuart Dew could well be safe even if Gold Coast win only 2 games.Richardson is under pressure, but just has to win a few more games than last year. I'm going for Chris Scott, the cat fans aren't happy with mediocre.

Surely Richardson is red hot fave for this. Talk about going nowhere fast.
Sometimes I think the public are quick to stick the boot in when time aren't so good but clubs are well aware of where they are headed and the quality of the coach such as Hardwick and Buckley. However I can't see much light at the end of the tunnel for Richardson. Their list is terrible, and I can't see St Kilda persisting with him beyond 2019. They're gonna need at least two to three seasons to get some youth into their side.

Hinkley : Miss the 8
C. Scott: Miss the 8 and going nowhere
Richo: Needs a miracle

Most of the others mentioned are works in progress and seem to be well supported.

Unsackable premiership heroes: Clarko, Simpson, Bevo, Hardwick

Close enough recently enough: Buckley, Pyke

The tenured pros: Longmire, C Scott - you can mount a case for change but these clubs haven't shown any desire to do so, why would that change?

Can afford a down year: Fagan, Goodwin

The ??? - coaches of teams with unusual expectations: Bolton (4+ wins and competitive should retain him), Dew (very low bar), B Scott (needs some wins but has been backed by North to handle a rebuild on the run)

The 'I guess they have some leeway': Worsfold, Cameron

The hot seat: Hinkley, Lyon, Richardson

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I voted Hinkley. Port burst into premiership contention what, 4 or 5 years ago now? And have been stuck in mediocrity since and now has had genuine stars leave with some ageing stars fading. If they fall off a cliff next season, which they might, surely regardless of contract he is out the door!

Chris Scott is not getting sacked, they just signed him up until 2050 so the club are happy with him even if the fans are not.

Richardson is on a hiding to nothing.

Hinkley is in trouble but at least he has the pieces at his disposal to be able to turn it around if he is good enough.

SOS expects improvement from Carlton so if Bolton doesn't get it he is toast. SOS can make the call at the trade table and make Bolton the scapegoat if it doesn't come off.

Chris Scott is not getting sacked, they just signed him up until 2050 so the club are happy with him even if the fans are not.

Hinkley is in trouble but at least he has the pieces at his disposal to be able to turn it around if he is good enough.

SOS expects improvement from Carlton so if Bolton doesn't get it he is toast. SOS can make the call at the trade table and make Bolton the scapegoat if it doesn't come off.
If Bolton gets sacked and SOS doesn't, that would be a disgrace. Both equally to blame if things don't improve.

:greenalien:Another 32 years is an impressive commitment from a club.

I did notice Bolton seemed to lose the endless positivity in his pressers a bit last year. I read that as just the honeymoon is over and the reality has sunk in. He's taken on a huge job to turn around the Blues and the stress must be enormous.

I dont think they will sack him for a few years at least. I think the club has come to a place where the quick fix is on the nose. Another change at this point would possibly set off another spiral, and it has to stop somewhere.

They dont really have any of the signs of an unhappy playing group. They must be getting sick of losing though, and it's largely for the players to address that.

Back