Prediction Next Coach Sacked

Who is the next coach to be sacked?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m not sure you have watched us play in 2019.

Weitering has been excellent in all our games, especially today.

Ditto Liam Jones

McKay has the most contested marks of any player ever for first 3 rounds of a season, though wasn’t great today.

Gibbons - yeah not up to it, but we a free hit. Not sure why we got him when we are crying out for a small forward

Big issue is we barely have any good players aged between 24-29 which is where the core of most good sides lies.
Your best midfielder behind Cripps is Walsh. That’s a worry. You’re better off dropping Casboult and Gibbons and letting McKay and Curnow make the forward line their own. Maybe I was harsh on McKay, but he will take time as a big guy, much like Weidemann for us. Right now you need to be employing something like this;

B - Simpson Marchbank Plowman
HB - O’brien Weitering Jones
C - Dow Murphy Walsh
HF - SPS Curnow McGovern
F - Fisher McKay Thomas
R - Lobbe Cripps Curnow
I/C Kennedy Newman Setterfield Kreuzer

Young guns - So many. You’ve just got to get them playing. Marchbank, O’Brien, Weitering, Dow, Walsh, SPS, Curnow, Fisher, McKay.

I’d be wanting to see Carlton look to attack a lot more. Bolton is coaching the flair from you and not letting you create and get dangerous. For now you can get Lobbe to play as a defensive ruckman, fill a hole if your defence needs it but have a creative licence for SPS, Dow, O’Brien, Fisher and Walsh. Let them push and attack and look to score. Open up the holes up forward for McKay, use Curnow as a link from back to forward, put Kreuzer down there as marking target if required and let Cripps do what he pleases.

You need to get your defensive stuff happening up forward, increase your tackling pressure and just throw caution to the wind for a while. What have you got to lose? You’ve got buckets of talent, you need to let it off the chain.

Keep your zone from pushing too high, allow Marchbank and Weitering to stay deep when attacking in case of turnovers so they can repel out to the wings. That’s where SPS and Dow can use space to push forward and deep to McKay. I’d be letting Cripps and Curnow go in for contested stuff all day, but keep your runners out and let them try and score.

Carlton have too much talent to be 0-4 and have a more exciting list than the WB, you can win it if you throw off the chains and kick over their zones where they’ll try and bash you playing contested footy.

Pyke would be the most likely you could wake up tomorrow and hear he's gone and not he shocked imo.

Given the Crows have sacked mid year before and they can simply afford too.

The others have long contracts or clubs not in the window.... So there's more forgiving there.

GC have played 4 sides people would of universally picked to be bottom 6.

They have done well but they have started seasons well before
Agreed, but they'd take that every time

Pyke would be the most likely you could wake up tomorrow and hear he's gone and not he shocked imo.

Given the Crows have sacked mid year before and they can simply afford too.

The others have long contracts or clubs not in the window.... So there's more forgiving there.
They lose to Gold Coast and he will be told his gone after his finished his Gatorade at the presser.

You said it yourself, they have no issues sacking coaches. Think about it, runners up 2017 when they were out and out favourites, no finals last year, losing to GC would put them 1-4 with GC 4-1.
Our Board would look at that and say ' we just got beaten by a better side , we need to back them in''

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You said it yourself, they have no issues sacking coaches.

Can we please address this?

Out of our 7 past permanent coaches, 4 were sacked, 2 resigned and of course we know what happened to Phil.

Of those 4 sacked, 2 of them were our first 2 coaches Cornes and Shaw. That was over 20 years ago.

Since 2000, only Ayres (who quit himself midyear after being told 2005 wouldn't feature him) and Sanderson (2014) have been sacked and that's only after seriously poor seasons.

I dont think AFC are an outlier when it comes to sacking coaches.

You said it yourself, they have no issues sacking coaches. Think about it, runners up 2017 when they were out and out favourites, no finals last year, losing to GC would put them 1-4 with GC 4-1.
Can't see how GC can beat Adelaide at their home , if happen of course I will take it .

Can we please address this?

Out of our 7 past permanent coaches, 4 were sacked, 2 resigned and of course we know what happened to Phil.

Of those 4 sacked, 2 of them were our first 2 coaches Cornes and Shaw. That was over 20 years ago.

Since 2000, only Ayres (who quit himself midyear after being told 2005 wouldn't feature him) and Sanderson (2014) have been sacked and that's only after seriously poor seasons.

I think that's something like 57% will get sacked

But of the clubs who could sack Adelaide probably has the most likelihood given they'd see themselves in the Window and he's blowing it and they can frankly afford it.

The other clubs have longer term contracts in place or are just blatantly stupid and will likely continue.

Which is why I wouldn't be surprised at all if after a really bad game he'd be flicked....

Wasn't Craig more or less sacked too? Him not being on a contract or whatever they masked it as doesn't hide that.

I believe if they've missed finals after 2 years they've all been shown the door. Pyke could actually go earlier at this rate.

Your best midfielder behind Cripps is Walsh. That’s a worry. You’re better off dropping Casboult and Gibbons and letting McKay and Curnow make the forward line their own. Maybe I was harsh on McKay, but he will take time as a big guy, much like Weidemann for us. Right now you need to be employing something like this;

B - Simpson Marchbank Plowman
HB - O’brien Weitering Jones
C - Dow Murphy Walsh
HF - SPS Curnow McGovern
F - Fisher McKay Thomas
R - Lobbe Cripps Curnow
I/C Kennedy Newman Setterfield Kreuzer

Young guns - So many. You’ve just got to get them playing. Marchbank, O’Brien, Weitering, Dow, Walsh, SPS, Curnow, Fisher, McKay.

I’d be wanting to see Carlton look to attack a lot more. Bolton is coaching the flair from you and not letting you create and get dangerous. For now you can get Lobbe to play as a defensive ruckman, fill a hole if your defence needs it but have a creative licence for SPS, Dow, O’Brien, Fisher and Walsh. Let them push and attack and look to score. Open up the holes up forward for McKay, use Curnow as a link from back to forward, put Kreuzer down there as marking target if required and let Cripps do what he pleases.

You need to get your defensive stuff happening up forward, increase your tackling pressure and just throw caution to the wind for a while. What have you got to lose? You’ve got buckets of talent, you need to let it off the chain.

Keep your zone from pushing too high, allow Marchbank and Weitering to stay deep when attacking in case of turnovers so they can repel out to the wings. That’s where SPS and Dow can use space to push forward and deep to McKay. I’d be letting Cripps and Curnow go in for contested stuff all day, but keep your runners out and let them try and score.

Carlton have too much talent to be 0-4 and have a more exciting list than the WB, you can win it if you throw off the chains and kick over their zones where they’ll try and bash you playing contested footy.

Agree with much of that. I just disagreed on some points on individuals in a previous post.

I think we have a teacher and life coach and not a football coach

Back