Prediction Next Coach Sacked

Who is the next coach to be sacked?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

But of the clubs who could sack Adelaide probably has the most likelihood given they'd see themselves in the Window and he's blowing it and they can frankly afford it.

The other clubs have longer term contracts in place or are just blatantly stupid and will likely continue.

Which is why I wouldn't be surprised at all if after a really bad game he'd be flicked....

Wasn't Craig more or less sacked too? Him not being on a contract or whatever they masked it as doesn't hide that.

I believe if they've missed finals after 2 years they've all been shown the door. Pyke could actually go earlier at this rate.

I hope he does. I'm just saying its not like Adelaide is sack-happy. It only comes off the back of prolonged underperformance. As it would with any club.
Whether Craig walked before he was pushed is immaterial - he more than had his time.

Bolton will not get sacked in 2019. And I don’t think it’ll happen next year either.

Reckon there are a few ahead of him at the moment.

Bolton would see out the entire season but could be sacked at the end should Carlton end up with a low amount of wins and another spoon.

There are several clubs would would be much quicker to pull the trigger and sack their coach midseason. North, Essendon, Adelaide, Port and St Kilda all come to mind if their seasons are going off the rails.

I think Carlton will hang on to Bolton for another year at least and will not sack him mid-year either this year or next. I don’t think he is the coach to take them to a flag but I think by demonstrating an appetite for patience Carlton will be a more attractive option for the type of coach they will be hoping to land.

Regards

S. Pete

Bolton will not get sacked in 2019. And I don’t think it’ll happen next year either.

Reckon there are a few ahead of him at the moment.
Behind the scenes, if he has the players, then the club needs to stick with him. Mid season sacking helps no one, puts the club back to ground zero.

D Day mid next year id say.

When a club is down for a handful of years, we all gleefully stick the boots in. But this length of time, pity and sadness.

Interesting talk on one of the shows tonight that the mail from inside Carlton is that Bolton is overcoaching. Too many meetings, too much micro management and so-on.

Probably trying too hard.

And yet they had absolutely no structure in the last 10 minutes against Gold Coast. So either the micro-management goes out the window, the players can't execute it and lose their minds, or they just crumbled under pressure.

I reckon if Adelaide continue as they are then Pykey boy will be asked some questions. The Crows always have high standards

We have high appearances to do the right thing but our standards are actually pretty bloody low.

We want everyone to think we are an elite club but its only on appearance with zero substance or purpose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Carlton have another god awful year then SOS has to go. There’s no way he can stay. Bolton has to get a win next week to keep himself somewhat out of the gun. The WB are just as desperate. If the WB can’t beat Carlton then Beveridge has to be in some sort of trouble also.

If Carlton wins 2 or less, then I would be surprised if BB did not resign. Either way they will not sack him mid year as it would achieve little. 2020 could be interesting. Don't be surprised if Roos came back for a couple of years and did what he did at Melbourne. The difference would be that he would have the foundations of a good team, and he may be tempted to stay on and see if he could pinch a flag.

If Carlton wins 2 or less, then I would be surprised if BB did not resign. Either way they will not sack him mid year as it would achieve little. 2020 could be interesting. Don't be surprised if Roos came back for a couple of years and did what he did at Melbourne. The difference would be that he would have the foundations of a good team, and he may be tempted to stay on and see if he could pinch a flag.
Roos is enjoying retirement too much more likely to have Walls coaching than Roos

Interesting talk on one of the shows tonight that the mail from inside Carlton is that Bolton is overcoaching. Too many meetings, too much micro management and so-on.

Probably trying too hard.
My best friends brother in law is an assistant coach at Carlton and he mentioned over the Christmas period that Bolton literally does not listen to his assistants. He runs his own race then grills them post loss about ‘why didn’t this or that happen’ but fails to acknowledge their advice during the game.

Roos is attracted to lot's of money as it keeps him in the lifestyle he is accustomed to. The key is getting the right assistants to whom he can delegate.
Roos would prefer to sit on a footy program and be critical of everyone after the fact. He loves the sound of his own voice. He was great at Melbourne but his media career has seen him lose respect from people. Loves the sound of his own voice.

Bolton's record is terrible but with the teams they've put out since he's been there who would have done better? Been kids and potatoes with not much in between.

This point has been constantly overlooked by posters on BF and the media in general.

No coach in history could of done better with what he had at his disposal. To add insult to injury, Malthouse did very little onfield with the Blues and probably set us back even further with his list management.

The other thing to take into consideration is that Mark Thompson, Damien Hardwick & Nathan Buckley all came under intense pressure and looked like being flung at one point in their tenure prior to it all clicking for them and featuring in Grand Finals.

It wasn't that long ago that Richmond & Melbourne were complete basket-cases yet with time & strategic planning, they have developed really solid lists.

If you want to judge Bolton as a coach, then you can only do so fairly from RD 1 this year due to the savage turnover of players at Princes Park.

Like players, coaches also need around 80-100 games to really learn the job & hone their craft.

Back