Prediction Next coach to be sacked. With Poll

Which coach will be the next to be sacked?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I have wondered about why these goggles need to be tinted since they announced he was trialling them during the preseason. Surely tinted lenses give you an advantage when looking into the sun, as can occur at some grounds and in any night games where looking directly at the light towers can impact vision. Why medically do they need to be tinted? Surely clear goggles will suffice if the eyes need protection? Clear goggles yes, tinted/polarised no, unless any player can use them regardless of medical situation. Or can they?

Why though st Kilda have a s**t list. Ok forward line but everywhere else is rubbish.

Was unlucky to get the boot at Carlton
Is a dead man walking now
Hate these type of threads. But he needs to be at a minimum 4/7 come round 11 imo, anything less with games against Adelaide, Hawks, Sun's, Roos and missed on the Pies in that block and I dont think he coaches the 2nd half unfortunately.

Still early days in 2022 but the recruitment over the past few years looks poor and makes it that much tougher on the coach.

They should resign him and empower him to refresh the list. St Kilda's list has been massively overrated off the back of making finals a few years ago. The clubs lack of awareness of where the list is at will force him to play for the short term to save his job which isn't in the clubs best interests.

If they finish bottom 4 flick him as he should still do better then that. If they finish between 9-13 they should keep faith as that is where their list is probably at.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have wondered about why these goggles need to be tinted since they announced he was trialling them during the preseason. Surely tinted lenses give you an advantage when looking into the sun, as can occur at some grounds and in any night games where looking directly at the light towers can impact vision. Why medically do they need to be tinted? Surely clear goggles will suffice if the eyes need protection? Clear goggles yes, tinted/polarised no, unless any player can use them regardless of medical situation. Or can they?
Cox has had some serious damage to his eyes due to the eye injuries he’s had in recent years. The sunlight (and artificial light at night) could cause further irreparable damage to his eyes if he couldn’t wear the tinted goggles. And the risk was high enough that if he couldn’t wear the goggles he probably wasn’t going to be able to play.

Basically they aren’t just about helping him to see or protect him from any further fingers in the eye. They are actually to protect him from further damage caused by the bright lights.

Cox has had some serious damage to his eyes due to the eye injuries he’s had in recent years. The sunlight (and artificial light at night) could cause further irreparable damage to his eyes if he couldn’t wear the tinted goggles. And the risk was high enough that if he couldn’t wear the goggles he probably wasn’t going to be able to play.

Basically they aren’t just about helping him to see or protect him from any further fingers in the eye. They are actually to protect him from further damage caused by the bright lights.

Thanks for that but how do you know about his medical issues and where can I find out about this condition?

Who diagnosed this?

Where is the peer reviewed evidence about how these polarising goggles help his condition?

Does he wear them 24/7?

Not trying to be an arse but being able to use polarising eyewear on field is quite an advantage, why do you think cricketers wear them.

Yeah nah

Speaking from experience here. If they're not tinted, the glare from the sun would affect his eyes more than wearing no goggles.

Is that ok with you?

Are sunglasses banned on the footy field?

Anyone remember the great Geoff Blethyn? Okay, not a great, but pretty good, and extremely menorable as a glassesswearer. As a eyewearwearer, what a hassle wearing glasses in sport. Sweat, slippage, fog, limits range of vision, and the potential damage done in impact situations, the glasses slash goggles being pressed around your eye socket like an apple corer in a contest. Can't see it being an advantage to the poor bloke. Could also be potential for the goggles to damage oppo on impact.

Thanks for that but how do you know about his medical issues and where can I find out about this condition?

Who diagnosed this?

Where is the peer reviewed evidence about how these polarising goggles help his condition?

Does he wear them 24/7?

Not trying to be an arse but being able to use polarising eyewear on field is quite an advantage, why do you think cricketers wear them.
I don’t have all the details, but Leppa talked about it in a pre match interview I think against the Hawks. And there have been a few articles in AFL media about it. And clearly it has been “peer reviewed” because he had to get AFL approval for them which only came through right before the community series match.

And as far as an advantage goes if his eyesight was normal then yes they could be an advantage. However given the damage done to his eyes all they really do is allow him to compete on a level playing field with other players who haven’t had the damage he has.

Back