Prediction Next coach to be sacked. With Poll

Which coach will be the next to be sacked?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Changing my vote to Bevo at this point.
He won't be the first to go but he's never been a good coach. Has had some good results in the past when some extreme luck has fallen his way (the unprecedented umpiring run in the 2016 finals, falling ass-backwards into one of the best midfields the AFL has ever seen in 2021 due to Adrian Dodoro and Ned Guy's idiocy) but some of his selection decisions over the journey have been totally baffling.

Bevo won’t be moved on, but his (and the club’s) stubbornness in refusing to adequately address issues with the list and compounding it by baffling team selections are resulting in poor performances and losses. He’s also not far from a decade in charge and not much good happens from that point onwards.

What may change things is if the next two games - North and Adelaide - end up in losses. The knives will be out then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In Leon's favour is 1. Greene's still to come back and 2. their draw hasn't been easy.

But yeah, I think he's gone by the Bye if he keeps this up. Hinkley won't be far behind.

Dew probably survives until the end of the season but I don't think they'll do enough to keep his job. Simmo still has credits from 2018 + had the off-season from hell so I think that should buy him some time.

Longmuir could be an interesting one if they don't build on their form from the last two weeks, though I don't see Freo moving him on that soon.

Everyone else is probably safe.

In Leon's favour is 1. Greene's still to come back and 2. their draw hasn't been easy.

But yeah, I think he's gone by the Bye if he keeps this up. Hinkley won't be far behind.

Dew probably survives until the end of the season but I don't think they'll do enough to keep his job. Simmo still has credits from 2018 + had the off-season from hell so I think that should buy him some time.

Longmuir could be an interesting one if they don't build on their form from the last two weeks, though I don't see Freo moving him on that soon.

Everyone else is probably safe.
Longmuir is contracted until 2024. As underwhelming as he's been at the helm, he's safe.

1. Cameron
2. Dew
3. Hinkley

Is the top 3. The only think that'll save Hinkley in the meantime is that he is contracted for another season.

Last edited:
Leon Cameron has been an abject failure. With their list, they should’ve played in prelims for most of the past 7-8 years.
Not only have they underperformed, he’s taken a generation of some of the most skilled footballers in the country, and drilled them to play a dour, boring brand of football at the same time.
Time to go.

Kane Cornes just said on SEN "this is shaping up as a "coach killer" game. With friends like that ?

Hinkley should fall on his sword and step aside.

But he's a greedy hillbilly so he will stick round and milk more money from the club for as long as he can suckle the teat.
That's harsh. I reckon he seems to be a good guy.

Longmuir is contracted until 2024. As underwhelming as he's been at the helm, he's safe.

1. Cameron
2. Dew
3. Hinkley

Is the top 3. The only think that'll save Hinkley in the meantime is that he is contracted for another season.
Thought Cameron was given a contract extension last season too for some unknown reason.

Perhaps GWS & Port swap their 2 contracted coaches lol.

Back