Next Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Think we were very, very lucky to get the win personally. We only kicked one in the last and Adelaide had 5-6 misses on goal at the end there that easily could have gone the other way.

Don't think that's really the point though. We basically won off the back of our youngsters which at least for me gives you some hope going forwards that Ross can develop them.

Yes, I agree. That was the great thing about the game on the weekend - the performance of the youngsters.

But Salim's in here specifically praising our defensive gameplan which only got us a win because the crows kicked very inaccurately.

Love the "what if" excuses... What if we didn't drop one of those simple marks, or some of those holding the ball calls got made, or we didn't fumble and put ourselves under pressure a few times...? They are all just errors just like missing a goal. We'd have won by 10 goals. Freo's youngsters dominated most of that game and deserved to win. Adelaide had everything to play for and got out played and lost.

Love the "what if" excuses... What if we didn't drop one of those simple marks, or some of those holding the ball calls got made, or we didn't fumble and put ourselves under pressure a few times...? They are all just errors just like missing a goal. We'd have won by 10 goals. Freo's youngsters dominated most of that game and deserved to win. Adelaide had everything to play for and got out played and lost.

Bad kicking is bad football and the crows played badly. Don't see anyone arguing otherwise.

But Salim is specifically arguing that our defensive gameplan is fine because we just won a game only kicking 71 points.

I think that you need to stop your lying.

Putting the poster you are responding to on ignore is the best thing I'v done on BigFooty. Made my experience 100% more enjoyable not having to read the trash. Haven't ignored anyone previously and probably won't again but I can highly recommend it. You'll miss absolutely zero quality posts by doing it.

Pies have definitely improved this year, emulating the Tigers has lifted the quality in the coaches box.
The job is too big for just one figurehead.
Development and Rehab is where our massive improvement will come from.

Pies have definitely improved this year, emulating the Tigers has lifted the quality in the coaches box.
The job is too big for just one figurehead.
Development and Rehab is where our massive improvement will come from.

IMO Freo need better skills and development coaches. I've been saying this for a while as I've noticed many players stagnating

Yeah he committed yesterday, what a useless comment..

Get stuffed.

Took the guy two years to do something brutally obvious. If he stays the course then he's got a chance but it'll be interesting to see if a Ethan Hughes or MJ gets a game this week.

I'm cheering just as much as most for Ross to do the right thing. Now it's up to him.

Gotta love the win and some signs that the youngsters have the talent. Dont know why some Posters cant or wont enjoy the win. Makes you wonder what their true motives are, maybe their recent appearances are a sign.
I honestly dont get it.
Theres being glass "half empty" and then theres just being negative,for the sake of it.
We lose its coz wherez s**t...we win and its coz the opposition bad kicking,or they went easy on us,or it was i jury to their best player...and on and on it goes.

Yet those same excuses dont wash for us when we lose...

It truly staggers me,i honestly get the feeling some in here would rather our team lose and regress than improve and win as so just to prove their point, that they were right.
:drunk:

Gotta love the win and some signs that the youngsters have the talent. Dont know why some Posters cant or wont enjoy the win. Makes you wonder what their true motives are, maybe their recent appearances are a sign.

Enjoyed the win immensely. Didn't really enjoy the totally expected posts from the Church of Lyonology telling everyone they're dickheads for questioning Ross.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I honestly dont get it.
Theres being glass "half empty" and then theres just being negative,for the sake of it.
We lose its coz wherez s**t...we win and its coz the opposition bad kicking,or they went easy on us,or it was i jury to their best player...and on and on it goes.

Yet those same excuses dont wash for us when we lose...

It truly staggers me,i honestly get the feeling some in here would rather our team lose and regress than improve and win as so just to prove their point, that they were right.
:drunk:

The boys looked pumped when heading into the change rooms to sing the song. That put a massive smile on my face too

Embracing the moment is a big part of the journey as a player and a supporter. Without that feeling it's an empty experience and not worth your while.

I'm sure the young guns would have loved the win.

only got us a win because the crows kicked very inaccurately.

Come on man, give credit where it's due. The crows were put under pressure by our team, and stuffed things up as a consequence - as teams tend to do when under pressure. They were kicking out of bounds, turning the ball over etc, wasnt just a case of not kicking straight at goals.

Thats in part on the crows for not standing up to pressure, but it's just as much to do with us for piling the pressure on.

Come on man, give credit where it's due. The crows were put under pressure by our team, and stuffed things up as a consequence - as teams tend to do when under pressure. They were kicking out of bounds, turning the ball over etc, wasnt just a case of not kicking straight at goals.

Thats in part on the crows for not standing up to pressure, but it's just as much to do with us for piling the pressure on.

Very true. Defensive pressure makes mistakes.

More than one tall target in the fwdline ................ check

Take the game on , we don't have the cattle to go slow........ check

No point playing the oldies if they are not contributing ...... check-ish

Generate some spirit and enthusiasm in the team ........ check

Try a few different things with player positioning ......... check

Drop a couple of non performing players ....... check

All in all a pretty good coaching performance by the brickies I'd say

I told you blokes we had all the answers

Next stop our away form

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

More than one tall target in the fwdline ................ check

Take the game on , we don't have the cattle to go slow........ check

No point playing the oldies if they are not contributing ...... check-ish

Generate some spirit and enthusiasm in the team ........ check

Try a few different things with player positioning ......... check

Drop a couple of non performing players ....... check

All in all a pretty good coaching performance by the brickies I'd say

I told you blokes we had all the answers

Next stop our away form

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I reckon you're set for an assistant coach role at this rate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back