Coach Justin Longmuir

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I’ve said in another thread if it’s Jlo vs Summa...Jlo every day of the week.

But as already mentioned Vossy just missed out on finals 2012/2013 (was unceremoniously sacked and didn’t deserve it like Ratten) carving out 10 wins in those Respective seasons, with one of the worst lists at the time.

Coaches are always better the second time around!

As I’ve said in another thread if it’s Jlo vs Summa...Jlo every day of the week.

But as already mentioned Vossy just missed out on finals 2012/2013 (was unceremoniously sacked and didn’t deserve it like Ratten) carving out 10 wins in those Respective seasons, with one of the worst lists at the time.

Coaches are always better the second time around!
The last thing we need is crazy Vossy.

The last thing we need is crazy Vossy.

His HC record is hardly outstanding, but crazy Vossy became crazy Vossy because of how he managed the list more than anything. That was my recollection. His coaching credentials were not totally void. At least he's remained in the industry as a notable assistant (midfield coach) at Port.

I don't particualrly rate Voss, but he's a step above Summa AFIC who hasn't even been a serious coach at AFL level in years - not to mention other factors. From my very limited vantage point, if I could only chose the two, I'd go Voss every day of the weak.

His HC record is hardly outstanding, but crazy Vossy became crazy Vossy because of how he managed the list more than anything. That was my recollection. His coaching credentials were not totally void. At least he's remained in the industry as a notable assistant (midfield coach) at Port.

I don't particualrly rate Voss, but he's a step above Summa AFIC who hasn't even been a serious coach at AFL level in years - not to mention other factors. From my very limited vantage point, if I could only chose the two, I'd go Voss every day of the weak.

Pun intended? I’d have an inanimate carbon rod ahead of Sumich.

Why pull the pin unless they have someone lined up? Lyon should of been kept till 2020 with the coach in waiting.
Then the club could of asked Ross to be director of coaching, and given him the option.
Keeps everyone happy, fans know Ross is to be replaced, new coach doesnt have to swim or sink. Club
doesn't lose money Suma won't work with Ross😀

If Voss had never been a head coach (he shouldn't have been considered for the Lions role in the first place) and all we were basing his credentials on were his playing career and assistant coaching career then i reckon a large percentage of our support would want him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why pull the pin unless they have someone lined up? Lyon should of been kept till 2020 with the coach in waiting.
Then the club could of asked Ross to be director of coaching, and given him the option.
Keeps everyone happy, fans know Ross is to be replaced, new coach doesnt have to swim or sink. Club
doesn't lose money Suma won't work with Ross😀

The club didn't want Ross in charge anymore so much so that they were willing to pay him 600k+ to leave, but you think they would have asked him to be director of coaching?

Why does everyone hate Suma and consider him a terrible coach? Was he that bad as an assistant?
Yes. He was clearly the laziest assistant coach we have had. Used to come out from the change rooms last. Always with a footy in his hands, that he never let go of. He would then lean on the fence and do very little. Drills were for the junior assistant coaches. Occasionally he would bark some instruction across the oval.
Somehow he usually made it back off the ground before the playing group.
Compare that to the other assistants at the time, like Kirk. Night and day.

Harbour Masters overwhelming preference is for JLo - which is a good choice given his CV is just as impressive as Sumich.
Why does it matter what the HM's think?
Just becasue they had $1k spare in 1994 - how does that make them footballing authorities?

If the HM's have any influence on this decision, I'm just about done with this club.

IMO the greatest thing that could happen would be for Sumich to takeover the list that Ross built and win a flag.

It would be a delicious irony.

Yes. He was clearly the laziest assistant coach we have had. Used to come out from the change rooms last. Always with a footy in his hands, that he never let go of. He would then lean on the fence and do very little. Drills were for the junior assistant coaches. Occasionally he would bark some instruction across the oval.
Somehow he usually made it back off the ground before the playing group.
Compare that to the other assistants at the time, like Kirk. Night and day.

Don't forget hanging over the fence talking to Tom Grulisich ignoring what was happening on the field.

The club didn't want Ross in charge anymore so much so that they were willing to pay him 600k+ to leave, but you think they would have asked him to be director of coaching?
Wealth of experience, and if he wanted to stay involved at the top level it could of worked well. If Ross walked away
Then it's on him.
Pretty sick of the club and how they handle blood letting.

I'm of the belief that Lyon was sacked largely due to the negative noise about him.
I'm also of the belief that some of that noise was valid and some of it wasn't.
AFL Media commentators like Brad Hardie have unashamedly been outspoken critics of Lyon and supporters of Sumich. Often their opinions passed off as sports news has bordered on pure propaganda.

Given Lyon had become unpopular and was subsequently sacked, why would a candidate who is even more unpopular, like Peter Sumich even be considered?
If Sumich is given the role of Senior Coach, then I think something seriously stinks with this whole scenario.

In the current BF Poll for the Next Fremantle Coach, after 44 votes Sumich had 0 votes. At the time of this post, he had 3 from 95 votes.

I have been an avid supporter of Lyon and have said that I would continue supporting the club when Lyon goes and a new coach is appointed (as I have since '95) ... BUT, I also said the exception was Sumich. That is a line in the sand for me and if he is appointed the next Senior Coach, then it is a clear sign that Fremantle have no long term future because they will be showing that they are easily led by outside forces while having no respect for the members and fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back