Coach Justin Longmuir

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does it matter what the HM's think?
Just becasue they had $1k spare in 1994 - how does that make them footballing authorities?

If the HM's have any influence on this decision, I'm just about done with this club.
I don’t think they are some all mighty in an unseen place pulling the strings, but they are a respected group have a grizzle every now and then. Probably just a reflection on what everyone else were thinking and saying.

Hale seems to be a crap forwards coach though, unless I’m missing something.
can be rather hard to tell what influence assistants coaches have on their line compared to the senior coach though. Teague was the forwards coach at Carlton which had a shithouse forward line structure and look how he’s gone

Hale seems to be a crap forwards coach though, unless I’m missing something.
agree totally. Not sure if the system gave him little chance of doing anything as a forward coach, but seriously he has very little experience and has done squat. It's probably just a comfort blanket for the players who don't want too much change.

Is it the forwards coaches fault if we can’t kick the ball properly to advantage?

Dunno, but it’s his fault if they get in the way of each other, don’t help to isolate defenders, presumably if they are shithouse at set shots, if there isn’t always a player between the contest and the goals, etc.

Glory.
I did hear about him going to a bbq over here, and some loud fella had a crack at him about not drinking and not being in to golf, and he grabbed him by the scruff of his neck and said something like, you want to keep going on mate ??

very concerning as Duffield isn't a fool and for mine is probably the fairest journo in terms of Fremantle reporting.
Yeah, Duff said in his podcast yesterday that people should ignore both extremes of the pro and anti suma thing and ust see where the interview leads.

I oppose Sumich for two reasons:

1) He has a complete lack of charisma and appears to be an appalling public speaker whenever I have heard him talk.

2) Most importantly, there is a god damned propaganda machine willing his appointment - for that alone and regardless of whether he is actually the best candidate for the job (which would be difficult to argue for), he should not be the coach. It is to the point where I would consider not supporting us if he was. The media do not run the club and if I think they have a significant input at any point, I am out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I oppose Sumich for two reasons:

1) He has a complete lack of charisma and appears to be an appalling public speaker whenever I have heard him talk.

2) Most importantly, there is a god damned propaganda machine willing his appointment - for that alone and regardless of whether he is actually the best candidate for the job (which would be difficult to argue for), he should not be the coach. It is to the point where I would consider not supporting us if he was. The media do not run the club and if I think they do at any point, I am out.
I guess the Suma support comes from the old argument of, how many Indians should be pushed out to protect one A hole chief. I asked the same question many times in my earlier line of work

Lots of love for JLo, seems one side of Perth media want Longy, and the other dark sides pushing for Sumich.🤔
I like that bit when it said some coaches are formed from struggle and hardship.

If thats the case, Anthony Morabito would be a wonderful coach.

I would love him to coach eventually one day as well.

I guess the Suma support comes from the old argument of, how many Indians should be pushed out to protect one A hole chief. I asked the same question many times in my earlier line of work
Suggesting that Sumich is the indian and Ross the chief?

If so, I don't care. Regardless of whether the media thinks it is justified, it is not their place to intervene to that level and I would not support a club that allowed it.

If so, I don't care. Regardless of whether the media thinks it is justified, it is not their place to intervene to that level and I would not support a club that allowed it.
Just playing devil's advocate here, as I'm just about done if Sumich is named coach, but what happens if the club does an exhaustive, thorough search and finds Suma is the best candidate?

My fear isnt so much that they are intervening, more that they are being provided with info from inside the club and trying to sell us on Sumich as that's where they might be headed.

It won't make any difference and there is a lot of support for other candidates from around the media circles as well. People are being, if I can use the term, hysterical about the media influence in this. imho

Just playing devil's advocate here, as I'm just about done if Sumich is named coach, but what happens if the club does an exhaustive, thorough search and finds Suma is the best candidate?
It won't make any difference and there is a lot of support for other candidates from around the media circles as well. People are being, if I can use the term, hysterical about the media influence in this. imho
Can kind of answer both of these in one. If Sumich were appointed and the club managed to convince me he was the best candidate I'd obviously be fine with it. The problem is, I am not even sure they could do that. I am skeptical as it is and the hype around him is far beyond his apparent credentials compared to other potential candidates.

Can kind of answer both of these in one. If Sumich were appointed and the club managed to convince me he was the best candidate I'd obviously be fine with it. The problem is, I am not even sure they could do that. I am skeptical as it is and the hype around him is far beyond his apparent credentials compared to other potential candidates.
If they get it wrong for a second time- as in agreeing to the second signing of Ross during a rebuild phase, then I imagine they will be held accountable, as they should be. It isn't an exact science but I hope they at least find someone more congenial and a coach that can set the players free a bit. If I wanted to watch little league, I would go and watch it.

Just playing devil's advocate here, as I'm just about done if Sumich is named coach, but what happens if the club Bell does an exhaustive, thorough search and finds Suma is the best candidate?
firstly EFA

it's quite possible as Freo does have a history of making sh5t decisions and many other better candidates may not put their hands up for the role - Perth fishbowl; coaching the 2nd team in a 1 team town; Perth media want Sumich so if I get it, do I then start on the back foot with them after my blood from day 1; if RBB couldn't cut it over there do I think I could do better; their soft cap means my pay won't be great Y1 and what happens if I get the chop soonafter and I do in my one good chance at a senior position before I become tainted goods...

If they get it wrong for a second time- as in agreeing to the second signing of Ross during a rebuild phase, then I imagine they will be held accountable, as they should be. It isn't an exact science but I hope they at least find someone more congenial and a coach that can set the players free a bit. If I wanted to watch little league, I would go and watch it.

Which modern coach does that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back