Not open for further replies.

freodog

Club Legend
Oct 15, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle

he just sounds like a fukn idiot when he talks,

'they've got a good core they've got fyfe ahh Mundy is at the end of his career, ahh down back Hamling and Ryan (heard of Pearce m8, our no 1 defender :rolleyes:)... Hogan if he can get on the park... hogan needs to play some games then i think he will blossom"

he sounds like a bloke talking about something he knows nothing about but is trying hard anyway.

You would seriously think he would have a supreme knowledge of our playing list by now for a Senior Coaching job that he’s been desiring for over 10 years :think: Could you imagine how long the interview would last if he goes in bumbling through names like that :oops:

Dirty_banchez

Premiership Player
Apr 15, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle

'they've got a good core they've got fyfe ahh Mundy is at the end of his career, ahh down back Hamling and Ryan (heard of Pearce m8, our no 1 defender :rolleyes:)... Hogan if he can get on the park... hogan needs to play some games then i think he will blossom"

he sounds like a bloke talking about something he knows nothing about but is trying hard anyway.

Interesting interview. Sumich is trying to sell the team and give supporters hope for the future (hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things), but also without giving too much away for opposition coaches. Sumich once again proving the most powerful card is the one you haven't played yet.

Midnite65

Club Legend
Sep 27, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Philadelpia 76'ers
Fox sports news has Solomon going to Essendon as assistant.
Hardie on the money again, do we really think if he had a real chance at a head role he would go for an assistant role, he had a coffee with Belly and all of a sudden Hardie thinks he is in the shortlist of 3. He didn't even get a chance to see our water slides.

Bring back Drum

Mundy4Hundy
Jul 8, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
I really do hope the Don Pyke comes on as match day strategists to allow Justin Longmuir to concentrate on a team management style of coaching.

Coming in as head coach from an assistant role should allow JLo to see the value of delegation & a trust in your assistants for the role they’ve been employed in.

I see him as the sort of coach who will eventually spend time on the bench managing the players as the specific line/area coaches strut their stuff. There’s no doubt Pyke can control the box, which I’d think he’d excel in with the pressure of head coach gone.

Watching Nathan Buckley blossom as a manager style coach who has built strong caring relationships with his players & staff is the ideal preparation for this gig, along with coaching all areas of the ground in his various assistant roles around the league.

Coach, manage & trust the assistant coaches who then coach the players is the way to go. Done right, we may not need to dream about Clarkson coming over & develop one ourselves.

Mar 18, 2012
Vic
AFL Club
Fremantle
* me Sumich is sure doing a lot of media for a guy who’s had a 5 minute chat with the club. Is he going to hold a press conference after he does an actual interview? I’m starting to wonder if he’ll actually get to that stage, maybe Bell and co will tell him they didnt like the way he paraded around revealing details of a confidential chat and rule him out, how funny would that be - seems fitting that he’d shoot himself in the foot before he even gets on a shortlist.

Sumich reeling off Freo players like:
hand blur.jpg

TOA.

Premiership Player
Oct 30, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Hardie on the money again, do we really think if he had a real chance at a head role he would go for an assistant role, he had a coffee with Belly and all of a sudden Hardie thinks he is in the shortlist of 3. He didn't even get a chance to see our water slides.

Voss accepted a head assistant role at West Coast and then took the job at Brissie. Solomon wouldnt just put his life on hold on the off chance that he might get the gig at Freo.

Bring back Drum

Mundy4Hundy
Jul 8, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Two coaches? Maybe
This article has been written without any consideration of Pykes comments when he quit Adelaide.
I don’t think he is gettable as senior coach but judging by his comments at that time hes keen to keep coaching in some capacity.
Get creative with the role, stroke his ego & he’ll be here in a heartbeat & there’s no doubt he’s got the football brain to be a massive benefit.
Looking forward he would also make a great GM of footy, allowing Belly to become CEO in 4-5 years.

Sep 30, 2011
Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Whoever is playing WC
For what’s its worth, I heard from a pretty reliable source that Clarko was being interviewed. Same person told me of Langdons desire to leave because of a player in our best 22 who slept with his ex partner.
I call Bullshit.

Freo is being interviewed by Clarko.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back