Not open for further replies.
Part 2 can be found here

Rotayjay

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2014
Adelaide, South Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
It will be interesting to see how the Libs handle opposition. Tony Abbott was elected on the back of Howard's time in the job, campaigning savagely on debt and waste but they won't be able to do that this time. If it comes down to a genuine contest of ideas if there was any justice the world they'd be condemned to a generation of opposition while Labor clean up the catastrophe of the last eight years that they've been left.
Fingers crossed, though I supect if we manage to get them into opposition they'll just find some other supposed incompetence of the Labor government, latch onto it like a teet, and favourable media coverage to the Coalition will do the rest.

Sep 20, 2005
Hell
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
😂😂😂😂you’ll be paying through the nose for substandard care as the government try’s to pay off debt. House sold, assets gone. It won’t be the aged care system you see now. No chance. You younger boomers are in for one hell of a shock.
I see you're conversing with power raid. Not an issue for him as he is both a super wealthy mining exec and also terminally ill so he'll be fine funding his final couple of years on earth. Did you know he's also a member of the Labour party?

Anybody who's spent any time on this board will be well aware of your lies and double standards and yet you still expect to be taken in good faith. It's quite remarkable considering the absolute prosaic nature of almost everything you post.

The thing is, I can back up my statements

the wheel of fortune give aways are pathetic regardless of who hands them out

and yes this one was not needed

meanwhile you've admitted you'll lie if it achieves your end

😂😂😂😂you’ll be paying through the nose for substandard care as the government try’s to pay off debt. House sold, assets gone. It won’t be the aged care system you see now. No chance. You younger boomers are in for one hell of a shock.

I'm not a boomer

and no I'm not in for a shock, as I have called what will happen and it has. I've positioned myself from an early age to avoid the attacks that will come on superannuation, health care, aged care or govt services.

what I'm saddened by is, ordinary income earners who don't have the ability to dodge the doom you call

HPKS

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Sydney
I'm not a boomer

and no I'm not in for a shock, as I have called what will happen and it has. I've positioned myself from an early age to avoid the attacks that will come on superannuation, health care, aged care or govt services.

what I'm saddened by is, ordinary income earners who don't have the ability to dodge the doom you call
we are all relieved you are so concerned👍

Maddhew

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
I might vote Labor for the first time given they are on board with the Govt tax cuts, I am annoyed that they backed down on ending negative gearing.

If they present a climate policy focussed on local investment in green energy, building industries in Australia and incentives for consumers to adopt, rather than a tax, then I am probably in.

I might vote Labor for the first time given they are on board with the Govt tax cuts, I am annoyed that they backed down on ending negative gearing.

If they present a climate policy focussed on local investment in green energy, building industries in Australia and incentives for consumers to adopt, rather than a tax, then I am probably in.

Otherwise the greens?

Leon

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 13, 2004
Bound for Germany 2006!
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Harry's Heroes
Could anyone else see similarities between this election and 1993/1996?

In 1993, Hewson and the Liberals were widely expected to win but Keating managed to win on the back of a fear campaign on GST and a few other things.

Then in 1996, everyone was sick of Keating and he got thrashed.

2019 was similar to 1993 - everyone expected ALP to get home, but the Libs just got back in with slim majority on back of a fear campaign.

This election people may decide they‘re sick of Morrison like they were with Keating (I doubt Morrison will get as big a thrashing as Keating by did)

I‘ve said it in a few other threads but I plainly do not rate Morrison and think that he is pathetic.

The biggest and most galling thing for me that I can’t get past is still the vaccine rollout.

Really, really pathetic effort which he deserves to be tossed out on for alone.

Even it he had gotten everything else right (he hasn’t) and his one stuff up was the vaccine rollout I’d say he deserves to lose on this alone.

But you add in everything else he’s screwed up and he - and the Liberals) just so deserve to get his and their arses kicked.

Cyg1992

Team Captain
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
The preferences of Palmer, one nation, lib democrats, etc will get the coalition comfortably over the line again.

The dolts believing they're protest voting will simply be voting in, exactly what they think they're protesting against.

This country is literally too stupid to call itself a domocracy or deserve it.

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Could anyone else see similarities between this election and 1993/1996?

I'd like to think so, but I fear that UAP/One Nation preferences may save the Coalition again...

One thing that supports the comparison to 1996 is that Howard was a fairly dull opposition leader campaigning on a "small target" strategy, so there is hope for Albanese...

Leon

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 13, 2004
Bound for Germany 2006!
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Harry's Heroes
I'd like to think so, but I fear that UAP/One Nation preferences may save the Coalition again...

One thing that supports the comparison to 1996 is that Howard was a fairly dull opposition leader campaigning on a "small target" strategy, so there is hope for Albanese...

Agreed.

Still pissed off that that ****wit Palmer was able to influence in 2019.

His ****wit equal Craig Kelly is up to the same tricks as well.

HPKS

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Sydney
Agreed.

Still pissed off that that ****wit Palmer was able to influence in 2019.

His ****wit equal Craig Kelly is up to the same tricks as well.
This post here highlights the Big change in Social media if the legislation gets passed before the next election. What you have just wrote will find you in court tied down in legal battles that you won’t win and at best it just disappears after the election. It’s one of the reasons imo why this legislation has come about. To silence dissent & to stamp out critics. Silence SM & imo the LNP are half way there.

Caesar

Ex-Huckleberry
Mar 3, 2005
Tombstone, AZ
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Realistically they are in a Keating 1996 or Howard 2007 situation. When an on-the-nose government wins re-election due to a bunch of one-off factors, it just means three more years in the sun for a rotting fish. By rights, that should translate to one of the bigger federal election losses in history.

Not quite sure if Albo is the guy to deliver a landslide, but I really don't see how the Coalition wins

Mind you I said that last time round too

Realistically they are in a Keating 1996 or Howard 2007 situation. When an on-the-nose government wins re-election due to a bunch of one-off factors, it just means three more years in the sun for a rotting fish. By rights, that should translate to one of the bigger federal election losses in history.

Not quite sure if Albo is the guy to deliver a landslide, but I really don't see how the Coalition wins

Mind you I said that last time round too

dont discount the scare campaign that is coming. scomo is clearly looking to pull a tampa with the chinese war drums dutton has been beating

like it or not, such campaigns have a history of success around the world (and its not just a right thing. plenty of left wing govts have pulled the same s**t)

Caesar

Ex-Huckleberry
Mar 3, 2005
Tombstone, AZ
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
dont discount the scare campaign that is coming. scomo is clearly looking to pull a tampa with the chinese war drums dutton has been beating

like it or not, such campaigns have a history of success around the world (and its not just a right thing. plenty of left wing govts have pulled the same sh*t)
I've been trying for months and I just can't make the maths add up to 76 for the Coalition

Repeating the high water mark in Queensland seems like their only prospect for victory, and I don't see how that happens without Adani and franking credits

I've been trying for months and I just can't make the maths add up to 76 for the Coalition

Repeating the high water mark in Queensland seems like their only prospect for victory, and I don't see how that happens without Adani and franking credits

they will run a carbon tax scare campaign. wedge the alp left against the right (ruling it out will be bad for the left)

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
Morrison has been copping it from everywhere this year.

His trustworthiness. The vaccine rollout. Favouring NSW during Covid. The subs deal and France. The Brittany Higgins allegations.

People seem fed up with him.

Not many seats would have to change to ALP for them to win government. You’d think the Coalition would be pretty worried about seats in WA and Victoria.

On the other hand, Morrison won in 2019 when everyone was predicting an ALP Victory.

The ALP on the other hand.

Is Albanese popular enough to win? Shorten’s unpopularity was a big factor in 2019 and Albanese could face a similar problem.

Can he get through just on Morrison’s unpopularity?

Labor also promoted some new policies last time that people backed away from.

Should their strategy this time be small target?

This is about the first election since 2010 that seems a genuine 50/50.

I’m beginning to lean towards a slim Labor victory.

What does everyone else think?

It's a lose lose for us the electorate.

Sep 16, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
If Labor are smart they will have Albo tour WA for an extended period flanked by McGowan, they will have an ad campaign repeatedly referencing how the LNP tried to get the state gov to open the state border early, they will have McGowan on TV and radio imploring the WA public to vote for fed Labor. The LNP hold a handful of seats in the state by very small margins, they also hold seats that are (were) held by on the nose Libs like Porter and Reynolds. They are on the nose big time in this state. Labor will gain 4+ seats here alone. Considering they only hold government right now by a single seat, where are they going to gain the seats need to retain power when they will lose several in WA? Stop freaking out. The election is a foregone conclusion.

HPKS

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Sydney
Heart says Labor with 80 seats, head says Libs with 77

My fear is a Lib minority with UAP making up the rest
If that happened get ready for the biggest s**t show you’ve ever seen. As shown by what’s happened in WA Palmer would use his influence to further his business interests at the drop of a hat. I’d rather the minority with one nation and Hansen is a trump like crackpot still living in the 1980’s imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back