Next flag - Carlton, Essendon or Richmond?

Who will win their next flag first?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have thought a Richmond fan would know better than to get involved in that sort of rubbish...
Same applies to the moron I'm replying to, sometimes you need to stoop down to some people pathetically low levels

Because he doesn't think your current list is capable of winning a flag?

Bigfooty shouldn't be a race to see who can make the dumbest post.
I don't either think we can with our current list, but look at the quality or lack of of his contributions "derp scrubbers, derp hacks, derp s**t coach" "carn blues!!!!"

Could get a more intelligent football convo at a Auskick session on a Sunday morning.

So when are you going to actually add something to the thread other then ignorance?

I named the players I felt were not good enough going forward. It was a list.

I stated you haven't gone for a rebuild and your coach isn't good enough. What more would you like? I note you've not pulled up any of your own supporters, remarkable.

So far your contribution has been insult filled posts. I'd bite back but many mods are thinned skinned and I'd rather not risk a ban.

You're 4-0 enjoy it while it lasts.

It's nice to be able to do a mini rebuild of sorts without having to bottom out completely only trolls and complete idiots think we will get close to a flag, playing plenty of kids and brought in quality that will be able to stay with us for close to 10 years, got 2 first round draft picks to come and a quality father son prospect to come, completely overhauled our footy department getting rid of all our

But go ahead and try convince yourself your actually doing anything but dribbling rubbish screaming scrubber repeatedly though.

It's nice to be able to do a mini rebuild of sorts without having to bottom out completely only trolls and complete idiots think we will get close to a flag, playing plenty of kids and brought in quality that will be able to stay with us for close to 10 years, got 2 first round draft picks to come and a quality father son prospect to come, completely overhauled our footy department getting rid of all our

But go ahead and try convince yourself your actually doing anything but dribbling rubbish screaming scrubber repeatedly though.

I sense you're not convinced either.

just curious as to which GWS rejects that played on the weekend you think won't be good enough to be a contributor on a contending team?

The point is that by loading up on players that are known quantities. And ones that cannot make a top 4 squad. Carlton is building a good team of solid developed players relatively cheaply. But these guys are not the top line. So Carlton is building a list that is a good solid AFL quality team. With youngsters coming in to build the future contender squad. If all goes well Carlton 's youth will be awesome and the older players good AFL standard and so maybe a contender quickly. But that would be amazing and so unlikely. More likely is that Carlton builds a decent team that might make the finals over the next 5 years and tries to build a contending team from there.

So I said 7 years. Because that is how long it takes for drafting to build a team. And the GWS rejects provide a solid basis to build on.

This thread is about the next flag. Not whose got a decent squad.

No it doesn't, check your figures.

Mean Rainfall April-September: 318mm
Mean Rainfall October-March: 330mm

The three highest months fall outside of the season

Source, Bureau of Meteorology.
This is most definitely true but the frequency of rain events (>0.2mm) is greater during than footy season than outside of it. By this reasoning you're more likely to play on a wet day in April-September than October-March.

It's a bit like looking at the actual crime rate vs crime victimisation surveys.

This is most definitely true but the frequency of rain events (>0.2mm) is greater during than footy season than outside of it. By this reasoning you're more likely to play on a wet day in April-September than October-March.

It's a bit like looking at the actual crime rate vs crime victimisation surveys.

Wow this thread is still a thing eh?

Sure, but the kind of conditions seen during the Carlton v Essendon game are far more prevalent in the late spring, early summer months - very unusual during April.

The Carlton boys sounding a bit salty.

Seriously though, we've played well so far but I'm aware 3/4 of our opposition aren't great. Big 4 weeks coming up now. Will get a clearer picture as the season progresses, obviously.

However, Carlton's list is that far off it will take a lot of time for them to even be competitive. Not saying that Richmond are flag contenders, just that Carlton are f*cking s**t.
We're not that s**t, won 7 games last year and won 1 and been competitive in all our games apart from a much a stronger and firing Richmond in round 1.

Just out of curiosity, how have Richmond turned around their VFL side so quickly? I think 2 years ago (or last year even?) they were a rabble.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're not that s**t, won 7 games last year and won 1 and been competitive in all our games apart from a much a stronger and firing Richmond in round 1.

Just out of curiosity, how have Richmond turned around their VFL side so quickly? I think 2 years ago (or last year even?) they were a rabble.

I think it's just been our depth that has gotten better over the years.

Last year players like Markov, Menadue, C.Ellis, Hunt, Morris, Lloyd etc were frequently getting games at AFL level, this year they've all mostly played in the VFL. Hopefully part of it is down to our other younger players continuing to develop as well, also I think getting better assistant and development coaches in the off season has played a part.
But yeah, our VFL side has been garbage the last few years, hopefully they can get a good season in off the back of our younger listed players.

Essendon is in a tricky situation, whether they should play the kids and sort of have a mini rebuild or Load up and try to recruit players to win one now. They would have to recruit really well though to win a premiership, therefore I think they should look to the kids so that puts them back a bit.

Carlton are still not a good Football club, however things may slowly be changing down at Carlton. They seem to have some really good kids coming through but we all know that natural progression isn't really a thing.

We are also in a tricky situation, we will have a better guide to us at the end of this season as to where we should go.

I agree. Having said that probably only Kelly, Watson and Goddard are our only older players who are any good.

The tough spot Essendon has is that we, IMHO, have a very good list across the park except for some glaring holes on the list. We are probably a beast mid, a classy inside/outside mid and a ruckman short. I feel we can trade in a ruckman once we get the others. Not sure what is in the salary cap coming up because we probably have the beast mid covered with Myers soon. Either we play the kids and go to the draft at end of this year and next year and load up for 2019 onwards or we go for a FA at the end of this year. I hope we don't trade for the mid because as we have seen in the past the price is just too high and it will create too many other holes on the list.

A bloke by the name of fly.

What did you think about tonight..

On the way?

Some good signs.

Charlie Curnow has had his best game for the club
SPS, Fisher, Williamson, Marchbank, Silvagni, Plowman, Weitering, Docherty, Cripps, Polsen , Macreadie, Pickett are all kids.

Docherty made the AFL under 23 team two years running (23 now).. so has Cripps.

But potential is there to dominate the AFL under 23 team in a year or two.

Essendon and Carltons youth are going great guns atm, s**t we could drop our oldest 6 players and still perform better than these mugs.

Don't know about.

After Martin,Cotchin,Rance,Riewoldt it falls away. The only kids that are coming through are Rioli and Castanga the rest are average or list cloggers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back