Multiplat Next Gen TV buying guide and cheat sheet v1.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Figured this is as good a place to ask as any..so I have 2 questions.

1. As my TV only has one HDMI 2.1 port I was thinking of getting an adapter that allows me to plug both the xbox and ps in to it. Does such an adapter exist that doesn't lose any quality or whatever?
2. I have put a monitor in the back of my pinball machine so it's no longer a static image. The only problem is I have to manually turn the monitor off and on. This is hard as the monitor is inside the machine so I have had to drill a hole in the back that I can squeeze my finger in to press the button. Has anyone seen/used a monitor cable that has a switch in the cable it self?

Figured this is as good a place to ask as any..so I have 2 questions.

1. As my TV only has one HDMI 2.1 port I was thinking of getting an adapter that allows me to plug both the xbox and ps in to it. Does such an adapter exist that doesn't lose any quality or whatever?
2. I have put a monitor in the back of my pinball machine so it's no longer a static image. The only problem is I have to manually turn the monitor off and on. This is hard as the monitor is inside the machine so I have had to drill a hole in the back that I can squeeze my finger in to press the button. Has anyone seen/used a monitor cable that has a switch in the cable it self?

For the second point, why do you have to turn the monitor off? Can you disable any power saving options in the monitor's OSD so it's just on 24/7?

As for the first one you could get a switch. Something like this I just found. I assume it wouldn't cause any loss as it's just an A/B switcher.

For the second point, why do you have to turn the monitor off? Can you disable any power saving options in the monitor's OSD so it's just on 24/7?
If I don't turn it off it just displays the image of the last pinball game I played..It just looks weird so would rather it off. i haven't tried the OSD on the monitor as I couldn't be ****ed pulling it out again to access the controls but maybe I'll have to.
As for the first one you could get a switch. Something like this I just found. I assume it wouldn't cause any loss as it's just an A/B switcher.

This will do. Thanks.

If I don't turn it off it just displays the image of the last pinball game I played..It just looks weird so would rather it off. i haven't tried the OSD on the monitor as I couldn't be *ed pulling it out again to access the controls but maybe I'll have to.

Oh sorry now I get what you mean. No I'm not sure of a good solution for that. Sucks that it's on the pinny's end then.

Does your AVR support HDMI 2.1? If not, don't think you can run 4K/120/VRR.
No I currently use ARC, was more-so looking to get an idea on a decent AVR to get which will be good for games.

I know the Denons are supposed to be good but some of them have issues with 4k/120 and gaming consoles

No I currently use ARC, was more-so looking to get an idea on a decent AVR to get which will be good for games.

I know the Denons are supposed to be good but some of them have issues with 4k/120 and gaming consoles

Yeah I'm not up to speed on latest AVR's. I know I was looking a couple of years ago when PS5 first came out and the units that did support HDMI 2.1 had issues then, but not sure if any newer models have since fixed that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back