pantskyle

Happy to *INSERT*
Oct 1, 2007
Death Mountain
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Storm-Man Utd-Heart-Luton-Patriots
Anyone familiar with this sort of blue blotching issue? Attached photos are from Gears 5 and Little Nightmares on the Series X and an episode of The Expanse on the TV's Amazon app.

I did a factory reset yesterday which fixed it for about an hour before it started to appear again.

The TV is a Samsung Q80T 75 inch. I already had to replace it once due to horrible vertical banding, now I'm getting this on the replacement unit.

View attachment 1053585View attachment 1053586View attachment 1053587View attachment 1053588View attachment 1053592
Good luck for the battle ahead with Samsung.

If you can snag a refund go get the Sony.

melbournemartin

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 22, 2003
Genève
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Genève-Servette HC, Pittsburgh Pens
Anyone familiar with this sort of blue blotching issue? Attached photos are from Gears 5 and Little Nightmares on the Series X and an episode of The Expanse on the TV's Amazon app.

I did a factory reset yesterday which fixed it for about an hour before it started to appear again.

The TV is a Samsung Q80T 75 inch. I already had to replace it once due to horrible vertical banding, now I'm getting this on the replacement unit.

View attachment 1053585View attachment 1053586View attachment 1053587View attachment 1053588View attachment 1053592

As people have said, basically any LED TV will have this to a certain extent. For most though it's not noticeable unless you have an almost entirely black screen. I have two new 4k TVs, one 55" and one 70" and you can see a little but not crazy.

It's also something that can be noticed if you have a moving image with a fairly constant background colour, e.g. sports with a green ground behind. It gives you the so-called "dirty screen effect".

Yours is just a much higher level than it should be. That should definitely be returnable! Sorry you've had such tough luck. Maybe try a different model? Nothing is perfect though unfortunately.

Remove this Banner Ad