Multiplat Next Gen TV buying guide and cheat sheet v1.0

Hope JB offer some nice deals for Black Friday this year. Definitely keen for something new for the ps5
I wouldn't be holding my breath for too much at Black Friday for TVs most retailers are struggling to get enough stock.

But there are generally very good deals to be had if you do a bit of negotiating. It's just a matter of being persistent.

Aug 23, 2007
Bay 131 @ (Port) Adelaide Oval
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Magpies
Debating whether i upgrade to a LG CX now or wait it out for manufacturers to iron out the issues around 4k 120hz VRR and Dolby Vision all working nicely together.

Holding me back is that there's nothing wrong with my 2 year old Sony X900F besides the lack of HDMI 2.1 features and the lower input lag that comes with it ( iirc mine sits at about 23ms in 4k 60hz)

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Debating whether i upgrade to a LG CX now or wait it out for manufacturers to iron out the issues around 4k 120hz VRR and Dolby Vision all working nicely together.

Holding me back is that there's nothing wrong with my 2 year old Sony X900F besides the lack of HDMI 2.1 features and the lower input lag that comes with it ( iirc mine sits at about 23ms in 4k 60hz)

If you aren't desperate (and the x900f is still a quality TV) I'd just hold off until the 2021 lines imo. Surely all the features required to make the most of next gen will be more available.

HirdyLannister

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2013
Cersei's bed
AFL Club
Essendon
A few x900h with XSX reviews on youtube, seems postive and 4k w/ 120hz is working pretty good. Not noticing blurriness.

Pretty sure Sony suspended the update because of the blur issue and it hasn't rolled out in australia yet.

Aug 23, 2007
Bay 131 @ (Port) Adelaide Oval
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Magpies
Getting a LG CX delivered tomorrow just in time for the PS5. Talked the Good Guys down to $2750.

X900H wouldve been nice for the extra size and price but it wasn't enough of an upgrade on my current TV to justify a purchase.

Now to look forward to years of stressing out about burn in...

May 3, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australian Cricket Team,
Getting a LG CX delivered tomorrow just in time for the PS5. Talked the Good Guys down to $2750.

X900H wouldve been nice for the extra size and price but it wasn't enough of an upgrade on my current TV to justify a purchase.

Now to look forward to years of stressing out about burn in...
whats the tv's size?

Currently having a really s**t time with Samsung and the Q70T 65inch I got in August. A few weeks in started having some weird colour issues, reds mainly, it got really bad at one point but it also had a software update which I did which fixed it at the time, came back within a few days, tech came out and replaced the motherboard, no problem will give them the chance to fix it, so for a few days no issue, one morning the tv wouldn't even turn on, eventually it came on but would randomly turn itself on and off, lines through the screen, blurriness etc. Many arguments with Samsung over the last few days, tech came back out and said the panel needs replacing, so basically the two biggest components were ****ed. I have refused the second repair and demanded a replacement, Samsung arguing that it isn't a major fault...

So basically now dealing with Harvey Norman to sort it, have sent documents through to them and links to the ACCC confirming to what I am entitled to and entitled to a replacement. We'll see.

They also have no stock of the Q70T so I have requested a free upgrade to Q80T or a swap to Sony X90 with HN.

I know he is normally orange but this was a bit much.
received_373145457226954.jpeg

davoss

Team Captain
Jun 14, 2008
Mildura
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Ferrari
Very seriously considering picking up a 75 inch Q80T from JB this weekend as they're down from 4.5K to 2.9K

Has anybody got one and can recommend? It will eventually have a PS5 connected to it when I can find one

Currently having a really sh*t time with Samsung and the Q70T 65inch I got in August. A few weeks in started having some weird colour issues, reds mainly, it got really bad at one point but it also had a software update which I did which fixed it at the time, came back within a few days, tech came out and replaced the motherboard, no problem will give them the chance to fix it, so for a few days no issue, one morning the tv wouldn't even turn on, eventually it came on but would randomly turn itself on and off, lines through the screen, blurriness etc. Many arguments with Samsung over the last few days, tech came back out and said the panel needs replacing, so basically the two biggest components were f’ed. I have refused the second repair and demanded a replacement, Samsung arguing that it isn't a major fault...

So basically now dealing with Harvey Norman to sort it, have sent documents through to them and links to the ACCC confirming to what I am entitled to and entitled to a replacement. We'll see.

They also have no stock of the Q70T so I have requested a free upgrade to Q80T or a swap to Sony X90 with HN.

I know he is normally orange but this was a bit much.
View attachment 1017388

Well all sorted, took way too long, dud picked up and Sony X90 delivered today.

Give us your impressions on the X9000H please.

Looking at purchasing one this weekend

Being so used to Samsung having Google assistant and it's apps is a big difference. But everything looks nicer, more vibrant.

It's a nice tv. I'm fairly happy with the change.

Only thing I'd say is when you set up don't login to your Google account. Do it after the set up, there's a glitch which makes Disney+ not work. That's the fix.

20201126_183533.jpg

Will now need a compatible soundbar.

HirdyLannister

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2013
Cersei's bed
AFL Club
Essendon
Being so used to Samsung having Google assistant and it's apps is a big difference. But everything looks nicer, more vibrant.

It's a nice tv. I'm fairly happy with the change.

Only thing I'd say is when you set up don't login to your Google account. Do it after the set up, there's a glitch which makes Disney+ not work. That's the fix.

View attachment 1018829

Will now need a compatible soundbar.
For sound bars I'm looking at the Sony HTX8500 which is $300 off at the moment. Initial I was going with the sonos arc but it's $950 more, is it worth justifying the extra price.

I've been looking for a sound bar without sub since its wall mounted.

Dancing Potato

Premiership Player
Jul 7, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Ended up going the Q80T for $2740 from Good Guys. Have to wait 2 weeks though as there's a big shortage

I have had the Q80T 75" for the last few months. Have been loving it except I have now noticed some distinctive vertical banding now that I have a Series X.

It's unnoticeable during general game play but certain cutscenes and the loading screen for AC Valhalla show it. It's also slightly noticeable in the dark sky at night in the game.

Has anyone else had this sort of issue with their TV? Is it common?

For sound bars I'm looking at the Sony HTX8500 which is $300 off at the moment. Initial I was going with the sonos arc but it's $950 more, is it worth justifying the extra price.

I've been looking for a sound bar without sub since its wall mounted.
I've been blown away by the Yamaha YSP-2700B.

Was able to pick one up for less than $1K when I bought my TV.

TV and soundbar wall mounted. Wireless sub is hidden away.

Figured this is a better place than any to ask. Whats the best way to clean a tv screen? Recently moved and now my TVs have fingerprints and god knows what else all over them.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Figured this is a better place than any to ask. Whats the best way to clean a tv screen? Recently moved and now my TVs have fingerprints and god knows what else all over them.

I just use this stuff

I just got a kit off of amazon, didn't end up using the spray just the cloth and worked very well.

Back