The Unofficial Face of Bigfooty Bulldogs-NGA & VFL
Oct 9, 2011
Cranbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Hi All,

Here is just a thread like the Father-Son for us to keep track of our Next Generation Players coming through the system.

I will do my post to look into every player but if you hear anything, please let me know and i will update the list.

The Bulldogs have NGA hubs in Ballarat, Hamilton, Horsham, Warrnambool and Footscray.

The key principles underpinning the work of the Western Bulldogs Next Generation Academy are:

1. 1. To attract more children who would otherwise not play the game of Australin Rules Football or are underrepresented in the AFL talent pathways.
  2. 2. To reflect key multicultural segments in program participants that are currently underrepresented in the game, specifically young footballers of Asian and African backgrounds.
  3. 3. To provide opportunities to better develop and prepare Aboriginal and Torres Straight Islander players for AFL programs.
  4. 4. Provide talent offerings for 11-15 year olds to compete with other sports and grass root programs in conjunction with AFL Goldfields, AFL Western District, AFL Wimmera and the Inner West of Melbourne (WRFL)
  5. 5. Expand on the above talent offerings for Indigenous and Multicultural participants up to 18 years old.

From 2022, nominated NGA prospects will only be eligible to be matched from Pick 41 onwards by their Club using their next available selection, while undrafted players are still eligible to pre-selected on the rookie list.

Successful NGA Selections:
Dion Johnstone: Melbourne Pick 68 in 2016
Buku Khamis: Category B Rookie selection 2018
Jamarra Ugle-Hagan: No. 1, 2020 national draft.
Cody Raak: Category B Rookie selection 2021

FIRST NAMESURNAMEDOBHEIGHTWEIGHTVfl CAT A OR CAT BNAB LEAGUE
DengLualGWV Rebels- 2023 Prospect
LUAMONLUALGWV Rebels- 2023 Prospect
PWOCHAKOCHLocal Footy-2023 Prospect

2023:
Luamon Lual: Promising footballers' first step on Next Generation Academy pathway
Pwoch Akoch: Promising footballers' first step on Next Generation Academy pathway

Last edited:

VitalDread

Oct 9, 2011
Cranbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
40022304_2106590979607579_4313725733169004544_n.jpg

VitalDread

Oct 9, 2011
Cranbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Cleaned up the thread a bit with moving more stuff into the main, can't seem to find all 2021 information yet

Pugz89

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 29, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Harry Waters is from here in Hamilton, got named the Kangaroos' best player award in the under-16 Hampden FL grand final yesterday (Hamo lost to North Warrnambool). Was captain of the team this year also.

Kretiukwasking

Debutant
Aug 2, 2010
West of Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
What’s the name of this young fella? And do you think he will be a gun ? Seems like he’s got a lot of height already.
Jamarra ugle. We have seen him dominate junior footy here. Lot of potential.
Very high quality basketballer as well. Follow the 'bont and stringer pathway potentially

Pugz89

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 29, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Harry Waters is from here in Hamilton, got named the Kangaroos' best player award in the under-16 Hampden FL grand final yesterday (Hamo lost to North Warrnambool). Was captain of the team this year also.
Also won the Kangaroos' under-16 best and fairest on the weekend.

Testekill

Don't look at me like that
Dec 3, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray Bulldogs, Williamstown
We'd be happy to rookie both Chatfield & Dawson correct?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

giblj

Cancelled
Nov 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I know I'm going way early but Jamarra Ugle-Hagan looks damn exciting. 193cm athletic and agile key forward with a strong leap and mark. Going to be following his career closely.
Definitely agree with this, it's his work at ground level that excites me the most atm from the little I've seen. Also echo you guys' fears that we'll somehow get *ed over and miss out on him haha

VitalDread

Oct 9, 2011
Cranbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Definitely agree with this, it's his work at ground level that excites me the most atm from the little I've seen. Also echo you guys' fears that we'll somehow get ****** over and miss out on him haha
Best part is we have another 5 193+ kids in the system

Cadillac

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 25, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Best part is we have another 5 193+ kids in the system
Is having 5 of them at that size a little overkill though? Particularly when we are set for the future in the ruck with English and also down back.

Cadillac

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 25, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Definitely agree with this, it's his work at ground level that excites me the most atm from the little I've seen. Also echo you guys' fears that we'll somehow get ****** over and miss out on him haha
I love his work at ground level. I really hope next year in the under 18s he can put on some size and start clunking the big pack marks. That’s what me need most.

VitalDread

Oct 9, 2011
Cranbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Is having 5 of them at that size a little overkill though? Particularly when we are set for the future in the ruck with English and also down back.
We wont be getting those players for a out 2-3 years
Some might develop in backman,midfielders or wingers

Best to have access to a range just in case

Remove this Banner Ad