List Mgmt. Next Generation Academy List

Remove this Banner Ad

Can we take them all? JUH, McPherson, Stevens, Raak plus Sharp and Marris who I’d never heard of until the above post.
Sadly we can't as Cat B players, the AFL limits NGA players to 20 across the league atm.

We can get all these players via the normal draft though

Sadly we can't as Cat B players, the AFL limits NGA players to 20 across the league atm.

We can get all these players via the normal draft though
So would we still have priority access to them all, even if not as Cat Bs? Or would we just be competing on the same terms as every other club?

Edit: I’m mainly talking NGA prospects here. MacPherson is a straight up FS.

Was a story last week saying recruiters don't really rate the bottom end of next year's draft so if true it should be reasonably possible to swap 2021 picks for 2020 picks in next year's trade period.
Think we could have a few good prospects in 2021 too :thumbsu:

So would we still have priority access to them all, even if not as Cat Bs? Or would we just be competing on the same terms as every other club?

Edit: I’m mainly talking NGA prospects here. MacPherson is a straight up FS.
If we nominated them before the draft, we can match the bid during the national draft
Re: Bombers bidding on Irving Moq

Is there no news on the AFL's planned NGA reforms? I'm still not sure if I should be excited.

Is there no news on the AFL's planned NGA reforms? I'm still not sure if I should be excited.
Won't hear news till November or the beginning of next season

Battle of the NGA players this sunday as Western Jets vs GWV Rebels in the WildRound.

Cody Raak and Saad El-Hawli vs our primary NGA team

Battle of the NGA players this sunday as Western Jets vs GWV Rebels in the WildRound.

Cody Raak and Saad El-Hawli vs our primary NGA team

Is El-Hawli someone to be excited for this year? It seems pretty likely that we'll take CCP this year and Raak will probably be taken next year but I haven't heard much about El-Hawli

Is El-Hawli someone to be excited for this year? It seems pretty likely that we'll take CCP this year and Raak will probably be taken next year but I haven't heard much about El-Hawli
He's too inconsistent with his role as a forward, good size at 183cm i think but doesn't do enough around the ground.

Just a pure goal sneak that hasn't kicked goals this year
Would be a Footscray addition imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have cleaned up the front page a bit with a table of all currently active players in NAB League and a rough projection.

I will do a full clean up next year once Rebels and Western Jets have announced their teams.

I'm not sure if any of this was posted earlier but just had a bit of a hunt through info from the u16 champs to get an idea how our 2021 crop is shaping up.

Ben Hobbs, Kai Lohmann, Sam Breuer, Blake Scott, Charlie Molan, Angus Bade, Joshua Gibcus and Josh Rentsch all made the final Vic Country team and Sam Butler was an emergency.

Ben Hobbs was also named in the all Australian team and Mike Shehan said this about him:

"Medium midfielder who has a good balance between winning his own ball and providing run on the outside. Was a prolific ball-winner in the championships, averaging 25.7 disposals (11 contested possessions), 6.7 tackles, 5 clearances and a goal a game" and "Hobbs’s courage, skill and work rate has seen him average 26 disposals, 5.5 marks, 5 tackles and 3.5 clearances to also be amongst his team’s best in narrow losses to Vic Metro and Western Australia"

I'm not sure if any of this was posted earlier but just had a bit of a hunt through info from the u16 champs to get an idea how our 2021 crop is shaping up.

Ben Hobbs, Kai Lohmann, Sam Breuer, Blake Scott, Charlie Molan, Angus Bade, Joshua Gibcus and Josh Rentsch all made the final Vic Country team and Sam Butler was an emergency.

Ben Hobbs was also named in the all Australian team and Mike Shehan said this about him:

"Medium midfielder who has a good balance between winning his own ball and providing run on the outside. Was a prolific ball-winner in the championships, averaging 25.7 disposals (11 contested possessions), 6.7 tackles, 5 clearances and a goal a game" and "Hobbs’s courage, skill and work rate has seen him average 26 disposals, 5.5 marks, 5 tackles and 3.5 clearances to also be amongst his team’s best in narrow losses to Vic Metro and Western Australia"
A lot of those 2021 group will be part of the Rebels team next year so i'll do a full update once a few other players have dropped off

Remove this Banner Ad

Back