List Mgmt. Next Generation Academy List

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi All,

Here is just a thread like the Father-Son for us to keep track of our Next Generation Players coming through the system.

I will do my post to look into every player but if you hear anything, please let me know and i will update the list.

The Bulldogs have NGA hubs in Ballarat, Hamilton, Horsham, Warrnambool and Footscray.

The key principles underpinning the work of the Western Bulldogs Next Generation Academy are:

1. 1. To attract more children who would otherwise not play the game of Australin Rules Football or are underrepresented in the AFL talent pathways.
  2. 2. To reflect key multicultural segments in program participants that are currently underrepresented in the game, specifically young footballers of Asian and African backgrounds.
  3. 3. To provide opportunities to better develop and prepare Aboriginal and Torres Straight Islander players for AFL programs.
  4. 4. Provide talent offerings for 11-15 year olds to compete with other sports and grass root programs in conjunction with AFL Goldfields, AFL Western District, AFL Wimmera and the Inner West of Melbourne (WRFL)
  5. 5. Expand on the above talent offerings for Indigenous and Multicultural participants up to 18 years old.

From 2022, nominated NGA prospects will only be eligible to be matched from Pick 41 onwards by their Club using their next available selection, while undrafted players are still eligible to pre-selected on the rookie list.

Cleaned up the list a bit and re-adjusted some players

Aboriginal
Multicultural

Successful NGA Selections:
Dion Johnstone: Melbourne Pick 68 in 2016
Buku Khamis: Category B Rookie selection 2018
Jamarra Ugle-Hagan: No. 1, 2020 national draft.
Cody Raak: Category B Rookie selection 2021
Josh Chatfield- AFL Prospect State Combine
Craig Cooper-Peters: Footscray Bulldogs player
Mutaz El Nour- Richmond VFL Player- AFL Prospect
Luamon Lual- Essendonn AFL
Future Prospects:

2024:
Isaac Abbay
Robbie Cockerall
Reilly Collins
Chase Scoble
Seth Fawcett
Deacon Fawcett

2025:
Jyah Chatfield
Chase Scoble

Gabriel Kalouche
Isaac Gawne

Kobe Williams- Hawks F/S
Damien Styne

2026:
Jailon Jenkins
Khaled El Souki
Luke Shea

Jacob Bayley
Mahmoud El-Haouli

2027:
Thomas Sufi-Ismail
Mali Lual

Josh Serra

2028:
Thomas Pye

Last edited:
40022304_2106590979607579_4313725733169004544_n.jpg

Harry Waters is from here in Hamilton, got named the Kangaroos' best player award in the under-16 Hampden FL grand final yesterday (Hamo lost to North Warrnambool). Was captain of the team this year also.

What’s the name of this young fella? And do you think he will be a gun ? Seems like he’s got a lot of height already.
Jamarra ugle. We have seen him dominate junior footy here. Lot of potential.
Very high quality basketballer as well. Follow the 'bont and stringer pathway potentially

What’s the name of this young fella? And do you think he will be a gun ? Seems like he’s got a lot of height already.
Already 193cm at age 16, could be a top 10 talent in the future

Harry Waters is from here in Hamilton, got named the Kangaroos' best player award in the under-16 Hampden FL grand final yesterday (Hamo lost to North Warrnambool). Was captain of the team this year also.
Also won the Kangaroos' under-16 best and fairest on the weekend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know I'm going way early but Jamarra Ugle-Hagan looks damn exciting. 193cm athletic and agile key forward with a strong leap and mark. Going to be following his career closely.

Hopefully they don’t scrap the academy or change the ruling before we can get our hands on him.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I know I'm going way early but Jamarra Ugle-Hagan looks damn exciting. 193cm athletic and agile key forward with a strong leap and mark. Going to be following his career closely.
Definitely agree with this, it's his work at ground level that excites me the most atm from the little I've seen. Also echo you guys' fears that we'll somehow get ****ed over and miss out on him haha

Definitely agree with this, it's his work at ground level that excites me the most atm from the little I've seen. Also echo you guys' fears that we'll somehow get ****** over and miss out on him haha
Best part is we have another 5 193+ kids in the system

Best part is we have another 5 193+ kids in the system
Is having 5 of them at that size a little overkill though? Particularly when we are set for the future in the ruck with English and also down back.

Definitely agree with this, it's his work at ground level that excites me the most atm from the little I've seen. Also echo you guys' fears that we'll somehow get ****** over and miss out on him haha
I love his work at ground level. I really hope next year in the under 18s he can put on some size and start clunking the big pack marks. That’s what me need most.

Is having 5 of them at that size a little overkill though? Particularly when we are set for the future in the ruck with English and also down back.
We wont be getting those players for a out 2-3 years
Some might develop in backman,midfielders or wingers

Best to have access to a range just in case

Remove this Banner Ad

Back