List Mgmt. Next Generation Academy List

Pugz89

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 29, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I know I'm going way early but Jamarra Ugle-Hagan looks damn exciting. 193cm athletic and agile key forward with a strong leap and mark. Going to be following his career closely.
Played for the Rebels last week, kicked his first goal and is 23p for their EF this weekend. Good signs from the 16yr old.

Cadillac

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 25, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Played for the Rebels last week, kicked his first goal and is 23p for their EF this weekend. Good signs from the 16yr old.
It was weird that it said he kicked a goal. I watched the game and he definitely didn’t kick one from what I seen. Which quarter did they claim he kicked one? I remember him missing a set shot. Keen to see him today

Pugz89

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 29, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
It was weird that it said he kicked a goal. I watched the game and he definitely didn’t kick one from what I seen. Which quarter did they claim he kicked one? I remember him missing a set shot. Keen to see him today
I'm just going on what I read. If they're wrong, I'm wrong. Haha

giblj

Cancelled
Nov 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Yeah I watched it too and he didn't kick a goal last week.

For anyone who doesn't know the game is live now with Lochie Dawson, JUH and Cooper Craig-Peters all playing:

Cadillac

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 25, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Yeah I watched it too and he didn't kick a goal last week.

For anyone who doesn't know the game is live now with Lochie Dawson, JUH and Cooper Craig-Peters all playing:

How’s he looked so far? Seen that they are getting belted early

giblj

Cancelled
Nov 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
How’s he looked so far? Seen that they are getting belted early
Yeah they're getting flogged so it hasn't gone forward much for him. Struggling in the air a bit again but had a good pick up and snap that he just pulled a bit for a behind. Dawson is tackling well in midfield but his disposal is lacking a bit of conviction.

Cadillac

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 25, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Yeah they're getting flogged so it hasn't gone forward much for him. Struggling in the air a bit again but had a good pick up and snap that he just pulled a bit for a behind. Dawson is tackling well in midfield but his disposal is lacking a bit of conviction.
Sounds a bit like his game last week as well. I reckon if he is to become an elite prospect he will have to work on his aerial game. It’s easy to forget he’s 16 though

giblj

Cancelled
Nov 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Sounds a bit like his game last week as well. I reckon if he is to become an elite prospect he will have to work on his aerial game. It’s easy to forget he’s 16 though
A lot of it is down to strength I think which as you say is understandable playing against guys who are two years older. Definitely should be a main focus for him to work on though I agree.

giblj

Cancelled
Nov 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Ugle played on the wing and in defence in the second half and took three nice contested marks which was great to see. Has a nice looking technique with his kicking, too. Dawson's kicking is the opposite unfortunately.

Sep 4, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Quick summary on what I think of the above players

Dawson - honest footballer, that works hard, but doesn't have any stand out traits. Kicking isn't real good and often chooses the safe option. Likes to handball a lot. I can't see him making AFL and would not even category B list if I'm honest

Chatfield - Has a nice leap, can take a mark and has some speed and skill. Found himself out of the TAC cup side at the end of the year mainly because he doesn't get enough of it and I think he's a bit lazy. May be talented enough to make it, but it could be a question of attitude. Not sure he wants it enough. For these reasons I'd be hesitant to category B list him

Craig-Peters - Does his best work on the inside where he attacks the contest and is a good tackler. Has a bit of toe too. Will need to work on his kicking and getting on the scoreboard next year. Didn't do a whole heap in the finals, but he had a pretty decent year for a bottom ager and may be worth getting next year

Ugle-Hagan - Pretty raw and lightly framed at this stage as you would expect. Certainly has some nice tools to work with. Nice agility, good mark and decent ground level skills.

giblj

Cancelled
Nov 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Dawson - honest footballer, that works hard, but doesn't have any stand out traits. Kicking isn't real good and often chooses the safe option. Likes to handball a lot. I can't see him making AFL and would not even category B list if I'm honest

Chatfield - Has a nice leap, can take a mark and has some speed and skill. Found himself out of the TAC cup side at the end of the year mainly because he doesn't get enough of it and I think he's a bit lazy. May be talented enough to make it, but it could be a question of attitude. Not sure he wants it enough. For these reasons I'd be hesitant to category B list him

Craig-Peters - Does his best work on the inside where he attacks the contest and is a good tackler. Has a bit of toe too. Will need to work on his kicking and getting on the scoreboard next year. Didn't do a whole heap in the finals, but he had a pretty decent year for a bottom ager and may be worth getting next year

Ugle-Hagan - Pretty raw and lightly framed at this stage as you would expect. Certainly has some nice tools to work with. Nice agility, good mark and decent ground level skills.
No arguments with any of that

giblj

Cancelled
Nov 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
How does one qualify as a next-generation player?
"To be eligible the player must be born or have one parent born in Asia or Africa; be of Indigenous background residing in a remote region; or have both parents born in a non-English speaking country (not Asia or Africa). "

Pugz89

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 29, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
"To be eligible the player must be born or have one parent born in Asia or Africa; be of Indigenous background residing in a remote region; or have both parents born in a non-English speaking country (not Asia or Africa). "
And live in our 'zone'.

Mr. Walker

Premiership Player
Apr 15, 2002
PO Box. 7 Powelltown
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Well that’s left me deflated!!!!!

No, seriously thanks for the write up. It wasn’t exactly what I wanted to hear but I appreciate the honest opinion. Plenty of time for these young players to develop and progress.

Apparantly Chatfield game style is different in school footy
Plays higher up the ground than in TAC

Dawson reminds me of Wallis, dont have much concern with his kicking
Something most players struggle with

IMG_20180919_194436.jpg

Best of luck to the Under 15's NGA team on tomorrow and thursdays games in the VLine Cup in Gippsland

Two under 15 boys teams and one under 15's girls team

WESTERN BULLDOGS NGA1 11.12-78 vs Geelong Falcons 1 7.2-44
Goal Kickers: J. Hill 2, J. Bambury 2, L. Feder, D. Schneider, C. Molan, H. Sinnott, L. Howard, L. Urquhart, A. Stevens
Best Players: B. Hobbs, S. Breuer, H. Sinnott, A. Soloman, J. Ballantyne, H. Kenna

WESTERN BULLDOGS NGA 2 13.16-94 vs Geelong Falcons 2 4.2 -26
Goal Kickers: G. Slater 3, K. Lohmann 3, T. Mitchell 2, M. Howells, D. Rentsch, C. Johnston, T. Hateley, J. Rentsch
Best Players: J. Rentsch, K. Lohmann, G. Slater, A. Reinehr, J. Woods, B. Ward

WESTERN BULLDOGS NGA W 6.1 37 vs Bendigo Pioneers 3.3-21
Goal Kickers: C. Summers 2, T. Meier, V. Jewell, E. Friend, S. De Francesco
Best Players: A. Trigg, J. Woods, S. De Francesco, M. Adamson, M. Ciavarella, T. Meier

Back