List Mgmt. Next Generation Academy List

Remove this Banner Ad

He has a really light frame from the look of it. Not sure if Buddy was quite this skinny at the same age.

Lets hope his body is able to handle the AFL pressure

bobs head soup

Peanuts Peanuts
Sep 14, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Could he be described as a taller version of Jack martin from his draft year?

Seems they are rated similarly at the same age.

If not who would you compare Marra too in the AFL?

And more importantly it will be interesting to see how he fits in our forward line from 2021. Bruce will be 29 and will still have a few years left... he might have to play in the midfield!
The first time I heard of Marra was 2 years ago, when the direct comparison made was to Adam Goodes. From what we have seen since, still seems the best comparison.

Cadillac

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 25, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Could he be described as a taller version of Jack martin from his draft year?

Seems they are rated similarly at the same age.

If not who would you compare Marra too in the AFL?

And more importantly it will be interesting to see how he fits in our forward line from 2021. Bruce will be 29 and will still have a few years left... he might have to play in the midfield!
An A++ version of Liam Jurrah was Knightmare comparison for him.
I don’t think he’s much like Naughton at all other than the marking ability. He’s way slimmer and a much more freakish forward

The first time I heard of Marra was 2 years ago, when the direct comparison made was to Adam Goodes. From what we have seen since, still seems the best comparison.

I haven't seen any vision of Marra but from what I've read I was wondering if he was more like Michael O'Laughlin

bobs head soup

Peanuts Peanuts
Sep 14, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I haven't seen any vision of Marra but from what I've read I was wondering if he was more like Michael O'Laughlin
I think the Goodes comparison is closer because he's already genuine Kpp size with the potential for a little more growth. O'Loughlin was flanker/third tall size

Goodes was freakish in the that he could be a winger/flanker/Kpp or Ruckman and Jamarra is showing that level of versatility in terms of size/athleticism.. Not saying he'll be that good, because the kid doesn't need that level of expectation.

Charlie Bucket

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Personally I don’t see the Goodes comparison at all. Marra is more key position where as Goodes was a Utility that could play midfield also. They also don’t move or look anything like each other on the field. He could develop in to a Goodes clone but I don’t currently see it.

One thing that is for certain is the kid will be an absolute star. His game has improved immensely since the start of this season so it’s scary to think how he’ll be going in a couple of years considering he’s only 17.

For those who are wanting to watch him play, download the Nab League App to your phone. Go to the highlight section, type in Jamarra and each of his match highlights will come up.

Worh a watch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any change would be some way from being introduced, however, with the AFL mindful that with clubs able to trade future draft picks for next year, it couldn't change the rules for 2020. Any change would be implemented for 2021.

Pugz89

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 29, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Any change would be some way from being introduced, however, with the AFL mindful that with clubs able to trade future draft picks for next year, it couldn't change the rules for 2020. Any change would be implemented for 2021.
Disagree, if they confirm the change before this year's trade period, then it gives clubs a full 12 months notice of any changes.

_M_16_

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liv FC, LA Rams, Pitt Pen, Michigan
Disagree, if they confirm the change before this year's trade period, then it gives clubs a full 12 months notice of any changes.

The trade period begins in 3 or 4 weeks, they won't make changes before then. If nothing is changed before then, then there will be no change for the 2020 season given clubs will be already trading picks with future players in mind. Not enough time for a full sit down and review given the AFL generally don't do anything significant during the back end of the season. More likely later in the year when they review rule changes etc.

Thats from the article

Bulldogs NGA Team fixture
Monday 23rd September:
Princess Park
1pm Bulldogs NGA Team 1 vs Southern
3pm Bulldogs NGA Team 2 vs Southern

Mooroopna
4pm Bulldogs NGA Girls vs Southern

Wednesday 25th
Princess Park
1pm Southern 2 vs Bulldogs NGA Girls

Deakin