List Mgmt. Next Generation Academy List

Remove this Banner Ad

Just an update
Bulldogs have informed me that they plan to not release NGA prospects names out of respect so the kids can just enjoy playing footy and not worry about increase pressure from people.

Which is totally understandable

Just an update
Bulldogs have informed me that they plan to not release NGA prospects names out of respect so the kids can just enjoy playing footy and not worry about increase pressure from people.

Good thinking. They’ve obviously been reading this board!

Just an update

Surely draft year they'll release names though. Pretty sure you have to nominate them officially to get access.

Surely draft year they'll release names though. Pretty sure you have to nominate them officially to get access.
Of course but it be done via AFL releases not theirs

Just an update

Good, and about time. Seeing everywhere people talking up Jamarra as being the next Buddy. Just let the kids grow naturally and enjoy their development years. I pretty much sent the club a message when they posted an article about Jamarra and hyping him up, given the issues Boyd faced when exposed to external pressure and idiot fans. Watch fans turn on him if he fails to match the Buddy hype. It's okay to be excited, but keep everything in check. Going forward, its a smart plan by the club to minimize over exposure

Last edited:
Geez, Nick Stevens is a good size. Suspect Josh is going to get quite a few people interested, based on his size alone. He could and probably will nudge 200cm by the time he stops growing.

What type of player is Nick Stevens?

What type of player is Nick Stevens?
That's a question that has been asked and answered a number of times on this board already, mainly in this thread.

Best approach is to do a quick search of "Stevens" in this thread. It'll only take about 30 seconds and you'll see the more relevant posts pretty quickly.

Opinions on him vary a bit so you'll be able to see the range of opinions in short order. There's also a recommended link to some video of him.

That's a question that has been asked and answered a number of times on this board already, mainly in this thread.

Best approach is to do a quick search of "Stevens" in this thread. It'll only take about 30 seconds and you'll see the more relevant posts pretty quickly.

Opinions on him vary a bit so you'll be able to see the range of opinions in short order. There's also a recommended link to some video of him.

Thank you, I just did that.

How about your personal opinion?

190+cm player who can play both ends of the ground. Confirmed that he is NOT NGA ELIGIBLE for us though (just reached out to someone who would definitely know). So looks like Ugle-Hagan will be our main academy target along with father-son Ewan MacPherson.

190+cm player who can play both ends of the ground. Confirmed that he is NOT NGA ELIGIBLE for us though (just reached out to someone who would definitely know). So looks like Ugle-Hagan will be our main academy target along with father-son Ewan MacPherson.

how about Cody Raak?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

how about Cody Raak?
Cody is part of our NGA Squad
Confirmed via AFL reports
"Next year's draft looms as an interesting one for the Bulldogs, who have other draftable Academy talent in Cody Raak (his father, Marc, was born in Zimbabwe) and Ewan MacPherson, son of Steve."

Thank you, I just did that.

How about your personal opinion?
Haven't seen much of him (apart from the vids) so I'm mostly going on the reports you've just read.

Perfect type for modern footy though, if he lives up to expectations.
That's unfortunate, but ideally there should be very few players tied to clubs by academies etc. It's getting out of hand. We might snare a good one occasionally (eg Jamarra) but we'll miss out on opportunities elsewhere. I'd rather it was completely uncompromised except for the F/S thing. In about 10-15 years GWS and GCS will have their own FS kids starting to come through (like WA and SA clubs have) so the AFL shouldn't feel the need to create special concessions for them.

It does ease our predicament with points slightly in 2020 with Jamarra a good chance to attract a top 5 bid.

Two names to look out for are

Kane Johnstone 175cm Midfielder- Brother of Dion Johnstone
Sam Chafield 178cm Winger - Brother of Josh Chatfield

If he isn't eligible for us, then whose academy does he now fall into? Assuming he is NGA eligible at all.

*, what happened?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back