Councillor- Indigenous
Scott- no info of background
Bayly is a British name, possibly Scottish but most likely English

Roscoe_au

Club Legend
Jan 13, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Hopefully the inclusion of Varcoe at the club helps cement a really good culturally safe environment for the indigenous boys coming through.

Essendon, Richmond and Hawthorn have been strong in this space in Vic and its where a lot of the boys seem to gravitate.

Sam Chatfield
r0_274_683_660_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Kento Dobell

r0_51_5040_2899_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Joshua Carlyle-Marks

22448452_129593791126220_8306253427953382116_n.jpg

With pick 18, the Western Bulldogs select Fronk jr.

At least 5 in that age group I reckon.

It makes sense. These boys (gulden and campbell included) are the first wave that have been trained since under 11s.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Hope you don't mind my posting but thought I would share.

Today I went to an under 16 practice match at Marby Park to see my grandson play (he is a doggie supporter) and in his team was this tall skinny kid that marked everything that came his way, kicked about 4 goals and has real footy smarts about him. He really stood out.

I asked someone who it was and they replied, 'that is Mathew Croft's son'. Seriously you can look forward to a very good father son recruit in a few years based on what I saw.

Northern Dogs

All Australian
Jul 9, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Today I went to an under 16 practice match at Marby Park to see my grandson play (he is a doggie supporter) and in his team was this tall skinny kid that marked everything that came his way, kicked about 4 goals and has real footy smarts about him. He really stood out.

I asked someone who it was and they replied, 'that is Mathew Croft's son'. Seriously you can look forward to a very good father son recruit in a few years based on what I saw.

Think he has twins - maybe they were both playing :D

Boristown

Premiership Player
May 24, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
New rule means clubs only have access to their NGA players outside the top 20 picks, so if they have a big year, there is a chance of them going elsewhere.

Next Generation Academy member Raak, who trained with the Western Bulldogs this year, was best afield.

The 18-year-old Caroline Springs product racked up 31 disposals in defence, showcasing his ability to intercept mark and read the play.

“He was very reliable in defence,” Williams said.

“Cody and the defenders as a whole took it upon themselves to back themselves in, read the play and play with a bit more flair.

“He typified that with having that many disposals and intercept marks.

“It was a fantastic performance, and he used the ball really well by foot as well. It was great for him to show all of his attributes in the first game.”

Raak has relished his move to the backline as he looks to stake his claim for a spot at AFL level.

Williams said the 192cm Raak was earning the rewards of his hard labour.

“He played forward for Vic Metro as a 16-year-old and started as a forward with us,” he said.

“But that defensive post he’s playing now seems quite natural to him from when we moved him there in the middle of the 2019 season.”

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Next Generation Academy member Raak, who trained with the Western Bulldogs this year, was best afield.

The 18-year-old Caroline Springs product racked up 31 disposals in defence, showcasing his ability to intercept mark and read the play.

“He was very reliable in defence,” Williams said.

“Cody and the defenders as a whole took it upon themselves to back themselves in, read the play and play with a bit more flair.

“He typified that with having that many disposals and intercept marks.

“It was a fantastic performance, and he used the ball really well by foot as well. It was great for him to show all of his attributes in the first game.”

Raak has relished his move to the backline as he looks to stake his claim for a spot at AFL level.

Williams said the 192cm Raak was earning the rewards of his hard labour.

“He played forward for Vic Metro as a 16-year-old and started as a forward with us,” he said.

“But that defensive post he’s playing now seems quite natural to him from when we moved him there in the middle of the 2019 season.”

Let’s hope no one picks him up in the mid season draft.

Dale4captain

Premiership Player
Sep 14, 2010
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Geez you’d love for him to be a couple of inches taller, right? 192cm these days is third tall size. Hard to fit him in with our two 196cm fellas.

We need someone who’s your typical brick s**t house build if they’re on the lower end of 190cm.

Think he has twins - maybe they were both playing :D
Yes they said that but only saw the one playing, he was wearing 42 but was told numbers are likely to change.

Had a good temperament too as the opposition tried to niggle him but his focus was the ball.

If anyone is near the Maribynong area/zone, you guys should go and check him out.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Geez you’d love for him to be a couple of inches taller, right? 192cm these days is third tall size. Hard to fit him in with our two 196cm fellas.

We need someone who’s your typical brick sh*t house build if they’re on the lower end of 190cm.
If he can put on some size, then at the very least he could become an upgrade on Cordy as that undersized 3rd tall. Still doesn't displace either of Keath or Gardner though so hardly a long term solution to the KPD issue

We need someone who’s your typical brick sh*t house build if they’re on the lower end of 190cm.
He played some midfield mins in 2019, so Bevo already locking him in for that spot

stefoid

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 8, 2002
home
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Well, he can look forward to being turned into a dour backman then

Back