Remove this Banner Ad

Jeremias

Sep 26, 2004
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
MUFC, LAL, PSG
Cause I was asked not to.
That's fine - I'm not suggesting you should do anything your source asks you not to.

Just saying it seems very strange that the question was asked, given I'd imagine eligibility for the NGA academy isn't exactly a secret.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mikeythemoocow

Club Legend
Mar 17, 2005
Nakatomi Plaza
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Aussie Ahmed
I'm pretty sure the whole thing is changing, for every club. But I haven't seen anything about Carlton handing it back so you could be right.

Where did you read that?

I’m not quite sure how to link parts of articles but there is the link, it’s at the end of the part about Eddie and his future

Jeremias

Sep 26, 2004
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
MUFC, LAL, PSG

I’m not quite sure how to link parts of articles but there is the link, it’s at the end of the part about Eddie and his future
Paywall.

If you have access you can copy the text (some of the article, not all) and post it in here.

Just copy the text into the reply box, highlight it and wrap it using the quote button.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mikeythemoocow

Club Legend
Mar 17, 2005
Nakatomi Plaza
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Aussie Ahmed
Hawthorn’s Shaun Burgoyne has just signed a one-year deal that will see him transition into working on indigenous programs for the Hawks in a long-term role.

The AFL has just taken Carlton’s next generation academy into the league’s own control again, which puts some of the Blues’ specific indigenous programs for the NGA program up in the air.

DeIulio2Pearce

Club Legend
Apr 14, 2013
Wollongong
AFL Club
Carlton
That works on the assumption that our NGA worked effectively enough to find any zippy little Koori kids!
Go to any NFNL juniors game feat. the sides closer to the city, West Preston, North Heidelberg, etc you can't miss them. Our catchment area is Melbourne's Koori heartland. Only we'd be dumb enough not to take advantage,

Jimmae

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tennessee Titans, Tottenham Hotspur
We made zero effort to push for more territory with the academy, and we didn't use what we did have well. Glaring mark against out development coaching, though that has obviously changed this season personnel wise.

I'm just happy to see the program torn down for its name alone, but it's disappointing to not see some investment in marginalised sections of the community.

AT97

All Australian
Jul 20, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Go to any NFNL juniors game feat. the sides closer to the city, West Preston, North Heidelberg, etc you can't miss them. Our catchment area is Melbourne's Koori heartland. Only we'd be dumb enough not to take advantage,
I have been told we do have some tied to us. One in particular head and shoulders above the rest. Just got to hope that the interest levels being away from the game/elite Program - for a year -have not diminished.

Top Bottom