List Mgmt. Next Generation Academy/Northern Knights

ParapMarkets

Premiership Player
Sep 24, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
We have first right of refusal for the first time they are bid on, which hasn't happened yet.

They're category B rookies if pre-listed, so it doesn't impact the rookie draft beyond their name being read out.
Jade Gresham is indigenous and recruited from the Northern Knights. Under this NGA system would we have had exclusive access to draft him under this new system?

Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Jade Gresham is indigenous and recruited from the Northern Knights. Under this NGA system would we have had exclusive access to draft him under this new system?
I believe so, but there is presumably criteria based on how long they've been living in the area.

Hi, do you guys have a list of everyone in your academy. One of my mates was in it until very recently and I need the list to help him with a project.

Hi, do you guys have a list of everyone in your academy. One of my mates was in it until very recently and I need the list to help him with a project.
Do your own research Wrighty!

Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
I haven't seen a more comprehensive list than this one from 2017:

Ethan Penrith (2017 draft eligible), Reservoir (club), Indigenous (background)
Artan Cabdi (2017), Heidelberg Heights, Multicultural
Nick Riebelt (2018), Eltham, Multicultural
Sunny Brazier (2018), North Fitzroy, Multicultural
Mitchell Wild (2018), South Morang, Indigenous
Michael Bozikis (2019), Fairfield, Multicultural
Paul Sidhu (2019), Mernda, Multicultural
Tochukwu Oparaocha (2019), Wollert, Multicultural
Cameron Wild (2019), South Morang, Indigenous

With Vian Swanepoel being added in 2018.

None of these names have been drafted, so they're all still eligible. Keep in mind only 11 Next-Gen players were drafted nationally, with only two clubs taking 2 players (Collingwood, Port), and one of the players not having a bid matched (Mosquito, who went to Essendon instead of Hawthorn).

I'm certain we've got kids as young as 14 on our books, but that information doesn't appear to be disclosed very far in advance now.

Jun 6, 2007
Footscray
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sunderland,Pelicans, LA Kings
I haven't seen a more comprehensive list than this one from 2017:

Ethan Penrith (2017 draft eligible), Reservoir (club), Indigenous (background)
Artan Cabdi (2017), Heidelberg Heights, Multicultural
Nick Riebelt (2018), Eltham, Multicultural
Sunny Brazier (2018), North Fitzroy, Multicultural
Mitchell Wild (2018), South Morang, Indigenous
Michael Bozikis (2019), Fairfield, Multicultural
Paul Sidhu (2019), Mernda, Multicultural
Tochukwu Oparaocha (2019), Wollert, Multicultural
Cameron Wild (2019), South Morang, Indigenous

With Vian Swanepoel being added in 2018.

None of these names have been drafted, so they're all still eligible. Keep in mind only 11 Next-Gen players were drafted nationally, with only two clubs taking 2 players (Collingwood, Port), and one of the players not having a bid matched (Mosquito, who went to Essendon instead of Hawthorn).

I'm certain we've got kids as young as 14 on our books, but that information doesn't appear to be disclosed very far in advance now.
Is there a definition of what qualifies you as multicultural?

Dec 18, 2005
Barstow, Cal14nia
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
GAVROI MOUNIA... GAMW TON PIRAEA
Saw a tall skinny kid wearing a Carlton Next Generation Academy t-shirt yesterday at the supermarket.

He had good agility around the aisles and picked up items from the shelf with both his left and right hands which showcased his versatility.

Don’t know who he is - but he looks like a gem :thumbsu:

Screenshot_20190131-194740_Chrome.jpg

Prices Are Dow

Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
So the NGA is really proving to be a winner for us then.
We're clearly not investing in it, which is a shame given we've had 3 draftable prospects already, as well that first wave of fairly broad national options that we passed up as well.

Can't help but look at Penrith compared to names like Khamis and Atu Bosenavulagi and wonder if we could have worked our program a little better to deliver outcomes like that.

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
We're clearly not investing in it, which is a shame given we've had 3 draftable prospects already, as well that first wave of fairly broad national options that we passed up as well.

Can't help but look at Penrith compared to names like Khamis and Atu Bosenavulagi and wonder if we could have worked our program a little better to deliver outcomes like that.

Penrith has never been up to standard, no matter where he played his footy

Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Penrith has never been up to standard, no matter where he played his footy
You have to realise how ridiculous a comment that comes across unless you're able to stipulate there are character concerns with him. He clearly developed last year.

Atu wouldn't have been considered draftable 3 games into the season, yet Collingwood saw fit to re-shuffle their senior list in order to accommodate him and prevent a late bid.

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
You have to realise how ridiculous a comment that comes across unless you're able to stipulate there are character concerns with him. He clearly developed last year.

Atu wouldn't have been considered draftable 3 games into the season, yet Collingwood saw fit to re-shuffle their senior list in order to accommodate him and prevent a late bid.

He may have improved Jim, but he has never been at the level of being capable to make it at the next level

While Atu is now on a list, I don't expect him to transition to the next level either

Back