List Mgmt. Next Generation Academy/Northern Knights

iAsbestos

All Australian
Nov 22, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Haven't heard anything official on Cam Wily I guess Carlton isn't interested in him..

mikeythemoocow

Cancelled
Casey Tutungi Future Fund
Mar 17, 2005
Nakatomi Plaza
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Aussie Ahmed
Why has our Next Gen Academy been handed back to the AFL?

why is this so quiet? Bulldogs get a No 1 pick free hit, and we don’t even bother? Am I missing something?

Why has our Next Gen Academy been handed back to the AFL?

why is this so quiet? Bulldogs get a No 1 pick free hit, and we don’t even bother? Am I missing something?

Aren't the proposed changes coming after the 2020 draft?

mikeythemoocow

Cancelled
Mar 17, 2005
Nakatomi Plaza
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Aussie Ahmed
I’ve got no idea, maybe it is changing for every club, but I’d only read that Carlton was handing it back

I’ve got no idea, maybe it is changing for every club, but I’d only read that Carlton was handing it back

I'm pretty sure the whole thing is changing, for every club. But I haven't seen anything about Carlton handing it back so you could be right.

Where did you read that?

mikeythemoocow

Cancelled
Mar 17, 2005
Nakatomi Plaza
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Aussie Ahmed
I'm pretty sure the whole thing is changing, for every club. But I haven't seen anything about Carlton handing it back so you could be right.

Where did you read that?

I’m not quite sure how to link parts of articles but there is the link, it’s at the end of the part about Eddie and his future

I’m not quite sure how to link parts of articles but there is the link, it’s at the end of the part about Eddie and his future

Paywall.

If you have access you can copy the text (some of the article, not all) and post it in here.

Just copy the text into the reply box, highlight it and wrap it using the quote button.

mikeythemoocow

Cancelled
Mar 17, 2005
Nakatomi Plaza
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Aussie Ahmed
Hawthorn’s Shaun Burgoyne has just signed a one-year deal that will see him transition into working on indigenous programs for the Hawks in a long-term role.

The AFL has just taken Carlton’s next generation academy into the league’s own control again, which puts some of the Blues’ specific indigenous programs for the NGA program up in the air.

CrazyJoeFevola

Setanta Ó hAilpín’s official bigfooty butler 2007
Apr 14, 2013
Gardiner Stand Can Bar
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Preston, WIndies, Armagh GAA
That works on the assumption that our NGA worked effectively enough to find any zippy little Koori kids!

Go to any NFNL juniors game feat. the sides closer to the city, West Preston, North Heidelberg, etc you can't miss them. Our catchment area is Melbourne's Koori heartland. Only we'd be dumb enough not to take advantage,

BigBreakfast

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakeshow
Go to any NFNL juniors game feat. the sides closer to the city, West Preston, North Heidelberg, etc you can't miss them. Our catchment area is Melbourne's Koori heartland. Only we'd be dumb enough not to take advantage,
Live out of state, just never see Carlton and NGA in the same sentence.

Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
We made zero effort to push for more territory with the academy, and we didn't use what we did have well. Glaring mark against out development coaching, though that has obviously changed this season personnel wise.

I'm just happy to see the program torn down for its name alone, but it's disappointing to not see some investment in marginalised sections of the community.

AT97

Club Legend
Jul 20, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
I have been told we do have some tied to us. One in particular head and shoulders above the rest. Just got to hope that the interest levels being away from the game/elite Program - for a year -have not diminished.

I saw this article on Liam Kolar being a draft bolter. Indigenous, was playing soccer 18 months ago, Northern Knights. Wouldn't he have been eligible for us?

The ex-soccer gun who could be this year's biggest draft bolter - https://www.afl.com.au/news/524817

Bokan

All Australian
Dec 21, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
I saw this article on Liam Kolar being a draft bolter. Indigenous, was playing soccer 18 months ago, Northern Knights. Wouldn't he have been eligible for us?

The ex-soccer gun who could be this year's biggest draft bolter - https://www.afl.com.au/news/524817
Is he indigenous? I don't think it says that anywhere. Also not sure what the AFL's rules are on the level of soccer/basketball required, as diamond valley really isn't remotely high level, it's a community club.....don't think that's anything different from other players playing basketball locally

Back