Next Generation academy

Remove this Banner Ad

No different to Thomas this year surely, think you're reading to much into it. Thomas is open to be drafted by all clubs this year too but it's a given the Roos will match.
No. It's exactly what it says.

Selwood said, for example, had Lance Franklin been allocated as an Indigenous player under the new system the four clubs have proposed, his home address would have tied him to the Eagles. But there would be no chance that West Coast would get him, since he was a top five draft choice.

Giving up ability to match in top 30 in exchange for all indigenous and multicultural players in state able to join academy, and to be matched if after pick 30.

No different to Thomas this year surely, think you're reading to much into it. Thomas is open to be drafted by all clubs this year too but it's a given the Roos will match.

No, its saying it would be different. We would not be able to bid with a discount. Personally, I dont think a club should get a discount anyway. Being able to match a bid and move up the draft board is plenty. But this new rule would defeat the purpose of the clubs having an academy. I guess if any player like Taryn Thomas comes along you just boot him and say, there is nothing in it for us, on your bike son :)

No. It's exactly what it says.

Giving up ability to match in top 30 in exchange for all indigenous and multicultural players in state able to join academy, and to be matched if after pick 30.
If that's the case what's in it for the clubs that put in all the work and resources into the players?? Piss of the Academies I say if you don't get 1st dibs on the rare ELITE talent that comes through. Let the AFL run it and resource it.

Can't see how that would offend any indigenous elders etc if the kids not indigenous, think you're jumping at shadows, I's be more worried about other AFL clubs if they think SA or WA are advantaged.

Looks good in Crows colours too...;)

csIl5U.jpg

20633221_871531779661501_563167214341980160_n.jpg
Looks like he would hurt DMac in a tackling drill.....

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

If that's the case what's in it for the clubs that put in all the work and resources into the players?? Piss of the Academies I say if you don't get 1st dibs on the rare ELITE talent that comes through. Let the AFL run it and resource it.
Which is why we should seek clarification. AFC cant let this pass as defeats the advantage of even having an academy.

It seems strange that the AFC would back it if it disadvantaged them getting the players we already know are coming through.

If they did the new proposal there would be no point to the academies and it wouldn't work. If clubs were forced to do it they would just neglect it. We will get max 1 guy from this years group into the AFL system, possibly only as a rookie. I am happy that the Crows gave this kid a chance that he probably wouldnt have otherwise got and its something that we can do for the indigenous community. Thats really great. But from the team success point of view, I dont care. If it wasnt him, it would be somebody else.

If they wanted to restrict it, they should go the other way. Each club can take 1 player each year. Get rid of the discount too, just allow matching.

Which is why we should seek clarification. AFC cant let this pass as defeats the advantage of even having an academy.

Not sure who your saying should seek clarification. But let me clarify for you. Neither the fans of AFC, or the AFC mean anything to the AFL. They could not give a rats arse about either. They will do what is best for their Victorian masters. Even the attention they give to the northern states us ultimately about padding the coffers of their Victorian masters. We are just another revenue stream. Other than that we are a pain in their arse.

Not sure who your saying should seek clarification. But let me clarify for you. Neither the fans of AFC, or the AFC mean anything to the AFL. They could not give a rats arse about either. They will do what is best for their Victorian masters. Even the attention they give to the northern states us ultimately about padding the coffers of their Victorian masters. We are just another revenue stream. Other than that we are a pain in their arse.
AFC should either seek clarification or understand what they are backing. Im not sure they do.. they didnt know about Gibbs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its ******* bullshit. **** you west coast.
Only thing I can think of is the biggest % of indigenous talent comes from WA.

The club must at least fight tooth and nail to keep the 20% discount in place for the players we put the time and resources into surely or at the very least have exclusive rights to 1 player a draft..

Not what it says. Top 30 open to be drafted by all clubs.
Want some more "good" news?

I've just been reliably informed Mihail Lochowiak is a free agent this draft, anyone can take him.....The required paperwork was not submitted by the club. WTF

Might care to bring that up when you contact the club.

I've just been reliably informed Mihail Lochowiak is a free agent this draft, anyone can take him.....The required paperwork was not submitted by the club. WTF

Wow. We really do need an independent review down there. Place is falling apart.

Mihail isn’t going to be a top 50 Pick as we speak regardless right now but he’s a solid a free rookie as I ever saw. Crows have been very complacent after one good year.

Only thing I can think of is the biggest % of indigenous talent comes from WA.

The club must at least fight tooth and nail to keep the 20% discount in place for the players we put the time and resources into surely or at the very least have exclusive rights to 1 player a draft..
This is the sticking point. This goes through and we get ZERO priority access to top 30 prospect ala Sladojevic and Borlase + potentially Dudley.

Wow. We really do need an independent review down there. Place is falling apart.

Mihail isn’t going to be a top 50 Pick as we speak regardless right now but he’s a solid a free rookie as I ever saw. Crows have been very complacent after one good year.

Yeah, the * ups are getting very frustrating, I thought it strange when Cal Twomey put out a list of NextGen eligible draftees and the only one named was Kudzaishe Motsi who I'm not even aware of, then today I get this news, of course Port submitted the paperwork for Kai Pudney and Manguru Fredrick who both look draftable though.

Deliberate oversight? Ready made excuse as to why we aren't taking him.

Generally, the nomination of Category B rookies (which a Next Gen Academy player is classified) isn't finalised until October 31.

This was from last year:
upload_2018-6-25_14-47-58.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back