Next Generation academy

Remove this Banner Ad

It is highly likely he might be bid on as a top 5 pick next year.

Either way, this kid will be on our list at the end of next year. Amid the doom and gloom, get excited folks.

With all these late future picks coming in, I hope to god this kid exists.

I was interested in this mystery NGA player that we have access to and did a bit of reading on the draft hub. My guess is that 192cm forward Kaine Baldwin is the supposed explosive mid. Can someone with more draft knowledge confirm or deny? Am I just chasing a BigFooty phantom?

It's Bigfooty garbage. It's not real.

I was interested in this mystery NGA player that we have access to and did a bit of reading on the draft hub. My guess is that 192cm forward Kaine Baldwin is the supposed explosive mid. Can someone with more draft knowledge confirm or deny? Am I just chasing a BigFooty phantom?
Kaine Baldwin was an All Australian u-16 last year.

Doesn't seem like a mystery player. And not NGA, I don't think.

Kaine Baldwin was an All Australian u-16 last year.

Doesn't seem like a mystery player. And not NGA, I don't think.
He wouldn't be a mystery for those that follow the draft closely. Hadn't heard him linked to us before but he is included on an nga list I've seen previously.

He wouldn't be a mystery for those that follow the draft closely. Hadn't heard him linked to us before but he is included on an nga list I've seen previously.

Interesting. Also lists Isaiah Dudley, and I've asked the club a couple of times on twitter whether he will be NGA in 2021.

Interesting. Also lists Isaiah Dudley, and I've asked the club a couple of times on twitter whether he will be NGA in 2021.

Also lists it here under 'Central District'

The focus of the Crows Academies is on
  • Players aged between 10 years – 18 years,
  • Show talent up to the time they turn 16 years of age
  • Reside in metro SANFL zones aligned to Central District, North Adelaide, Glenelg and Sturt, or…
  • Reside in regional SANFL zones aligned to Central District, North Adelaide, Glenelg and Sturt and APY Lands East
  • Players who’s father/mother played for the Adelaide Football Club
NGA Logo.png

Under the AFL’s Next Generation Academy concept, whilst we embrace participation from players of ALL backgrounds, the AFL does provide draft concessions for players of designated ethnic heritage/father–son under AFL rules:
  • African / Asian – where a player or parent is born in an African or Asian country
  • Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CaLD) – where a player or both parents are born in a non-English speaking country
  • Indigenous – where a player identifies as indigenous in our SANFL aligned zones (see above)

I've highlighted the important bits there. I'm assuming he 'resides' in a area aligned to Central District?

I think i read somewhere on this thread that the 'residing in metro' qualification doesn't apply to indigenous players?

Has anyway had confirmation on whether Dudley is part of our NGA?

• Reside in metro SANFL zones aligned to Central District, North Adelaide, Glenelg and Sturt, or…
  • Reside in regional SANFL zones aligned to Central District, North Adelaide, Glenelg and Sturt and APY Lands East
NGA Logo.png

Under the AFL’s Next Generation Academy concept, whilst we embrace participation from players of ALL backgrounds, the AFL does provide draft concessions for players of designated ethnic heritage/father–son under AFL rules:
  • African / Asian – where a player or parent is born in an African or Asian country
  • Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CaLD) – where a player or both parents are born in a non-English speaking country
  • Indigenous – where a player identifies as indigenous in our SANFL aligned zones (see above)

I've highlighted the important bits there. I'm assuming he 'resides' in a area aligned to Central District?

I think i read somewhere on this thread that the 'residing in metro' qualification doesn't apply to indigenous players?

No one really knows how it works. I guess we won’t find out until next year when Baldwin, Dean, Dudley come through.

Imagine having Lukosius, Fogarty, Dudley and Baldwin up forward..

NGA Logo.png

Here is an interesting question for you - IF a player identifies as Aboriginal, is there a check the AFL does to confirm this? I wonder what would have happened if last year Hately identified himself as Aboriginal and so was eligible for us to take as a NGA?
It's very tricky ground to be on and I wonder what the AFL approach would be? Would they ask for proof? DNA checks? Family tree?

Here is an interesting question for you - IF a player identifies as Aboriginal, is there a check the AFL does to confirm this? I wonder what would have happened if last year Hately identified himself as Aboriginal and so was eligible for us to take as a NGA?
It's very tricky ground to be on and I wonder what the AFL approach would be? Would they ask for proof? DNA checks? Family tree?

They'd probably need to contact an elder in the local community as well.

The general standard for identifying as indigenous is that you have recognition by your local indigenous community/elder

Not a chance.
"An Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander is a person of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent who identifies as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and is accepted as such by the community in which he [or she] lives"
"Federal government departments adopted the definition as their ‘working definition’ for determining eligibility to certain services and benefits"
I pretty sure the AFL would aswell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a chance.
"An Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander is a person of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent who identifies as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and is accepted as such by the community in which he [or she] lives"
"Federal government departments adopted the definition as their ‘working definition’ for determining eligibility to certain services and benefits"
I pretty sure the AFL would aswell.
Yeh it definitely sounds like the best way to go. Any other way is very invasive and unacceptable.

Of course even this can be tricky. There will certainly be some indigenous people who may identify as such, but not participate in the indigenous community. I guess in that case, they would need to be able to convince members of the community that they do have indigenous heritage in some way.

It would of course require someone to be a complete tool to falsely claim such heritage for their own benefit, but it certainly isn't beyond the realms of possibility.

FTR I used Hately as an example only because he was also from the Central Zone, following on from the comments in previous posts. I know the Hately family and there is Zero chance they would behave in a dishonest manner like that.

It's Bigfooty garbage. It's not real.
Confirmed as rubbish by someone who would 100% know but if course they would say that...

has he agreed to be a part/nominate for Adelaide's NGA?
This is the part i worry about.

Its funny weve stockpiled next yrs picks if we feel he or others wont nominate.

The picks weve stockpiled look like being about 1.5 players worth, mite get some more on draft nite but def think at best were only getting 2out of edwards, borlase and mystery x

Remove this Banner Ad

Back