Next generation Test batsmen

Who will be the next star test batsman? (multiple selections allowed)

• Total voters
Warner will still be playing in 5 years time I reckon.
Can see him declining pretty rapidly tbf. Probably comes down to how good our opening reserves are.

We have a shitload of U/25 talent with the bat, but whether they become Test standard is another question.

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
Relies a lot on his eye, which lends me to believe that once it goes, he'll be well and truly cooked.

Have to remember that even Sehwag (probably the closest modern-day comparison to Warner) managed to be a Test regular until 33-34 years old, until it was pretty clear he was losing his eye and his touch (so much so that he began to wear glasses when batting), which is 4-5 years away for Warner.

Last edited:
Have to remember that even Sehwag (probably the closest modern-day comparison to Warner) managed to be a Test regular until 33-34 years old, until it was pretty clear her was losing his eye and his touch (so much so that he began to wear glasses when batting), which is 4-5 years away for Warner.
Yep, but you can lose your eye as early as 30 as well. It isn't always consistent.

Fair enough, but I don't see Warner being over the hill as a batsman in a year's time.
Neither do I but you never know. It could happen in a year, could happen in 5.

Kurtis Patterson made 111 today, did anyone get a chance to see his innings?
Bits and pieces. Was all class.

Firmly of the belief he's the next great bat we'll produce. Wouldn't be surprised to see him score 10,000 test runs

Big big call
The kid is cool, calm and collected. Fantastic technique, no real weak areas in terms of scoring and rarely plays a ball in the air.

I'd have him the test side vs South Africa.

footyman13

Club Legend
Apr 8, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Portarlington
Kurtis Patterson made 111 today, did anyone get a chance to see his innings?
Wouldn't and couldn't have been any better than Harris today as an opener for the Big V (and the Gropers didn't rate him LOL, good one WA). Patterson's a Welshman, so he already gets a baggy green.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
Wouldn't and couldn't have been any better than Harris today as an opener for the Big V (and the Gropers didn't rate him LOL, good one WA). Patterson's a Welshman, so he already gets a baggy green.
Terrible post.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
Maybe IYO, didn't expect any gropers to like it. True though.
It was more, Harris has a FC average of 28 over 42 games. Not a small sample size, talented but super inconsistent. If he could roll his arm over he'd be in the test team.. I mean thats how Henriques gets a game.

Back