Next Generation

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm glad someone has captured his dismissal in the 2nd innings. That's parklands stuff. Only been in for 5 balls with a new ball moving around, he decides to walk down the wicket to slog over the mid-wicket boundary. He's a clown in desperate need of a reality check and having former Test players saying he should be in the Australian team isn't helping.

Take out that 101 he slogged against Victoria, his Sheffield Shield performances this season have been 178 runs @ 16.18, top score 37.

Actually, that dismissal highlights my previous criticism of him. You'll notice how, as he's about to strike the ball, he's taken his eye off the ball and is already looking at where he hopes the ball will end up.
The ones in desperate need of a reality check are the clowns running the game in this country and at grassroots level because they’ve totally ****ed it up

The ones in desperate need of a reality check are the clowns running the game in this country and at grassroots level because they’ve totally ****ed it up
Well, I can't argue with that.

You want to know what drives me nuts about the contemporary cricketer? Classic scenario today in the Redbacks match. Carey and Lehmann cruising on a 119 partnership which is enabling Redbacks to take control of the game. Plenty of time remaining (it's only Day 2) and then for some unknown reason Carey decides to produce a stupid T20 shot and holes out. WHY???!!!!!! If I was his captain, I would have booted him in the backside. The contemporary player seems to lack any appreciation of how a match it situated and what needs to be done.

Last edited:
Well, I can't argue with that.

You want to know what drives me nuts about the contemporary cricketer? Classic scenario today in the Redbacks match. Carey and Lehmann cruising on a 119 partnership which is enabling Redbacks to take control of the game. Plenty of time remaining (it's only Day 2) and then for some unknown reason Carey decides to produce a stupid T20 shot and holes out. WHY???!!!!!! If I was his captain, I would have booted him in the backside. The contemporary player seems to lack any appreciation of how a match it situated and what needs to be done.
Joe Root says “hello”

Every so often someone observes “We had Law, Siddons, Lehman etc, who couldn’t get a game. If only we had those guys now.”

Maybe we will say the same about Silk and Hanscomb in a few years?
the jungle drums are already beating about 35 year old Daniel Hughes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am not calling for this. I don't know anyone who is.

But the article yesterday. Wowsers.
Sadly, there are very few quality cricket journos anymore. Plenty of sycophants and pretenders but few quality journos.

The need for instant news means kids just put s**t up and no one questions it. I’m not sure what drugs Ponting was on but him calling for JFM to go to NZ was equally stupid. The lunatics are dead set running the asylum.

Joe Root says “hello”
Almost identical, only Root spooned it to the slips, Carey straight into the keeper's gloves. These idiots are destroying cricket for me, I am seriously considering giving it away. Batsmen are driving me nuts with their stupidity. It was nice to watch the women, the game was one-sided but at least they play the game with respect.

Almost identical, only Root spooned it to the slips, Carey straight into the keeper's gloves. These idiots are destroying cricket for me, I am seriously considering giving it away. Batsmen are driving me nuts with their stupidity. It was nice to watch the women, the game was one-sided but at least they play the game with respect.
Couldn't agree more. It's just dumb, low percentage cricket. The modern way seems to be take risks at all costs, consequences don't matter. If you're in trouble, don't try and tough it out, hit your way out of it. It is absolutely frustrating!

On another note, so good to see Pucovski make a ton with patient, conventional batting. A joy to watch.

He is the best youngish batsmen in the country. No one comes close. Forget Bancroft, Renshaw and Harris - if Pucovski stays mentally and physically healthy, he is the best option.

Nic Maddison in the frame as opener, if Smith doesn’t contribute or when Kwahja retires?

His record for Victoria over the last few years has been impressive
My worry with Maddison that his issue is between the ears. Not sure he has that edge to make it in test cricket. I think he is a very good Shield batsmen and that's his ceiling.

All the talent in the world but not the grit to play tests.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back