Next Generation

Remove this Banner Ad

I read the post and don't disagree with what you say about Renshaw's form. But Bancroft is an opener and big_e is right he would need to show he can bat anywhere in the top 6 to be reserve batter.

Bancroft is not going to displace Smith or Usman. Your incredible bias (which you seem oblivious to) means you seriously suggest that Smith should move from where he wants to bat to accommodate a WA player. There is no way you would ever argue that for a player that came from somewhere else.

Sook about my WA hate (I dont hate WA I just tire of how incredibly biased WA supporters are on this board) if you want, but it's true.

Accomodate a WA player? sorry that the leading run scorer in the shield is from WA for the past two years...how is that bias ?? the simple fact is Renshaw should be nowhere near the test squad due to his recent pathetic form and he is not the 7th best batter in the country atm simple as that ...thats not bias dude

it doesn't matter if renshaw bats 1-6 based on recent evidence and form he will not score runs in any position thats the point

So If Bancroft moves to 5 and scores Stuff all does that give him a better chance of getting into the test squad ??? because thats what Renshaw does.

Its going to be boom or bust for JFM.. Even if he gets a half century on a tricky Believe track, people will bemoan the fact he didn't get a hundred. The new whipping boy

His a slogger, Maxwell just rocks or diamonds majority of his career.. no reason JFM can't slog his way to a decent T20I career or ODI career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're in serious trouble in the future
Regarding our test team or in general? Saying we are in "serious" trouble is being a tad dramatic, because if we're in serious trouble then the sport is f*cked. But yes there are problems that need to be confronted. Which makes it hilarious that some around here want us to even go as far as to fund other nations when we have our own problems in our backyard.

Regarding our test team or in general? Saying we are in "serious" trouble is being a tad dramatic, because if we're in serious trouble then the sport is f*cked. But yes there are problems that need to be confronted. Which makes it hilarious that some around here want us to even go as far as to fund other nations when we have our own problems in our backyard.
Our test team, there is no red ball batters

But then I think about other nations and there is a dearth of talent there too

Except one... India

Australia in no trouble, good chance we will be the only nation that fields there best side in 10 years.

1709415237676.png

Webster has had a good Shield season, best performing batsmen. McSweeney should have a crack a opener.. only real spot that will be up for grabs soon is Khawaja's.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back