bEnJi

Senior List
Sep 28, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham, Celtics
Bit of speculation on whether big Rough will be with us next year, even if he does stay i think it may be the right time for him to hand over the captaincy to the next generation.

Few options but my choice would be Jack Gunston. I love the leadership he shows when switching between forward and defence and behind Burger i think he is our best big game player.

Probably a little early for players such as Jaeger, Burton, Hardwick or even....Sicily.

It will be one of the VC's. So that limits it to Smith or Shiels. My guess would be Smith.

Gunners is a great leader as well and shows that leadership isn't of shortage at the club which is great going into the future

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jaeger for mine, professional in every aspect both on and off the field and coming to the age where he'll have an opportunity to lead us, like Hodge, through a period of sustained success before handing over the reigns to focus on getting the most out himself in his latter career.

Generational change.

I just don’t see Shiels as captain for some reason. I like him but I see Gunners stepping into that role and really owning it until it’s time to give it to JOM

Unless Clarko changes its going to be Shiels or Smith
Rough was a VC first
Hodge was a VC first
Mitchell was a VC first

Vanders wasn't but he was also Clarko's first appointment.

Smith has Captained the team in Rough's absence this year so I think he's the most likely choice.

Gunston is in the leadership group so he's an outside chance if they want to go younger but they'd pick Shiels if that was the case.

Unless Clarko changes its going to be Shiels or Smith
Rough was a VC first
Hodge was a VC first
Mitchell was a VC first

Vanders wasn't but he was also Clarko's first appointment.

Smith has Captained the team in Rough's absence this year so I think he's the most likely choice.

Gunston is in the leadership group so he's an outside chance if they want to go younger but they'd pick Shiels if that was the case.
Don’t the players take a vote? Don’t think it has anything to do with Clarko. That’s certainly my impression, particularly from Sam Mitchell’s book.

I want it to be Jack but I think it will be Isaac.

Smith is a VC, he captained when roughy was out of the team and he's at the age where he could captain for a few years then one of our younger types would take over (Jaeger, Worpel, Burton, Shiel)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back