• Ben Stratton

Votes: 11 5.4%

• Total voters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tommyk72

Club Legend
AFL Club
Hawthorn
This is a great process. Really gets the players minds thinking about the choice. I think this is one of Clarko's coaching approaches more broadly - he doesn't just tell players what to do, but teaches the reasons behind it. This is going to be a gift to our players that want to become coaches.

Brant

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
This is a great process. Really gets the players minds thinking about the choice. I think this is one of Clarko's coaching approaches more broadly - he doesn't just tell players what to do, but teaches the reasons behind it. This is going to be a gift to our players that want to become coaches.
Gen. Stanley McChristal (sp.) is big on this...

'Do the right thing. Not do the thing, right.'

StillAtLarge

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I don’t believe that the club doesn’t already know who the captaincy will be given too.

This entire media “who will it be” just smells like bullshit to me.
Or they could be confident that there are 4 or 5 well credentialed candidates, all capable of leading the club with distinction...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bruno Oresar

McDonalds voucher winner
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I don’t believe that the club doesn’t already know who the captaincy will be given too.

This entire media “who will it be” just smells like bullshit to me.
I am not in disagreement with you for not believing that the club doesn’t already not know that there isn’t a non preferred captain for the club.

I think I’m not Wrong about what your view isn’t.

Nugett

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I really like the player vote method. Not sure about the reading the votes aloud - but Clarko et al are better footy minds than me so let’s run with it.

I think a player vote avoids something like naming an unlikeable campaigner like Goddard as your captain. Granted we are blessed to not have anyone nearly as floggish on our list.
Yea but Goddard didn’t take victim making peds. Plus he could point and sulk. So fitted into the dopers system well.

Symons

Team Captain
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Someone's edited Smith's Wikipedia entry to state that he's the captain for 2019. Couldn't see anything official from the Hawks - has anyone heard?

Insider knowledge, or someone hoping?

Top Bottom