• Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Simon_Nesbit

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 26, 2001
Tasmania
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Having a discussion at work, after a customer requested an appointment for "Next Monday", but then complained when we offered the 30th, asking for something sooner.

We're split down the middle, half thinking "Next Monday" is "the next Monday" (23rd), the rest believing it's the Monday of the following week (30th)

When is "Next Monday" to you?

Bonus question - Does "Monday Week" mean the same as "Next Monday"?

I would consider "this Monday" and "next Monday" to be the same thing (in this instance, Monday 23rd) as it is literally the next time we see Monday, with Monday week to be a week from there.

Having a discussion at work, after a customer requested an appointment for "Next Monday", but then complained when we offered the 30th, asking for something sooner.

We're split down the middle, half thinking "Next Monday" is "the next Monday" (23rd), the rest believing it's the Monday of the following week (30th)

Next Monday is the 23rd, Monday week is the 30th

Next Monday, is the 23rd. The Monday after that is "Monday week". WTF is wrong with people, are we devolving ???

"Next" is a bit redundant if you're talking about this coming Monday.

Is next Monday still the 23rd on the weekend? To me next Monday this coming weekend would be the 30th.

Next for me is going to be the first Monday to arrive after saying it, not the second one. In saying that, the language does change as we get closer

Next Monday is what I would say on Tuesday

This Monday is what I would say on Friday

Next for me is going to be the first Monday to arrive after saying it, not the second one. In saying that, the language does change as we get closer

Next Monday is what I would say on Tuesday

This Monday is what I would say on Friday
On Friday though when is next Monday?

Today though, the coming Monday would just be Monday, the 30th would be next Monday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On Friday though when is next Monday?

Today though, the coming Monday would just be Monday, the 30th would be next Monday.

Well I just yelled out to the hubby “what’s the date next Monday”

Him “I don’t know - 22nd or 23rd maybe”

If I said “I’ll see you Monday” that would assume the 23rd. The ‘next’ is completely redundant.

“I’ll see you next Monday” would make more sense as it implies the Monday after the coming Monday.

Monday - This Monday, the 23rd.
Monday - The next Monday in the series of Mondays. The 30th
Monday
Monday

If I said “I’ll see you Monday” that would assume the 23rd. The ‘next’ is completely redundant.

“I’ll see you next Monday” would make more sense as it implies the Monday after the coming Monday.

Monday - This Monday, the 23rd.
Monday - The next Monday in the series of Mondays. The 30th
Monday
Monday
This is correct.

We've had this discussion at my work a few times over the years. My boss (and people of his age - now 60+) think next monday is Monday 23rd (in your example)

while people in my office of my age (around 40) think its the 30th...

to me, the 23rd is 'Monday' and 30th is 'next Monday'

Back