Prediction Next player to leave?

Remove this Banner Ad

moncon

Benchwarmer
Apr 18, 2012
Taverne Monte Cristo
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
We’re a destination club, very likely to be playing finals this season and the next at least, and with a premiership window which is wide open.

You’d be a fool to leave, wouldn’t you? But someone will be the next player to leave...who do you think he will be?

Not talking about fringe players, or players coming to the end of their careers: I’m talking about the kind of best 22 player who gets wads of cash thrown at him; or who sees the writing on the wall due to another player on the list improving, so scoots off somewhere else; or who just can’t nail down a regular spot in his preferred position for whatever reason.

I have no idea who it might be - I hope it’s N. O’Body! I’m interested in what my fellow Lions fans think.

Sorry if this comes across a bit “doom-and-gloom” when the club’s on the verge of glory!

We’re a destination club, very likely to be playing finals this season and the next at least, and with a premiership window which is wide open.

You’d be a fool to leave, wouldn’t you? But someone will be the next player to leave...who do you think he will be?

Not talking about fringe players, or players coming to the end of their careers: I’m talking about the kind of best 22 player who gets wads of cash thrown at him; or who sees the writing on the wall due to another player on the list improving, so scoots off somewhere else; or who just can’t nail down a regular spot in his preferred position for whatever reason.

I have no idea who it might be - I hope it’s N. O’Body! I’m interested in what my fellow Lions fans think.

Sorry if this comes across a bit “doom-and-gloom” when the club’s on the verge of glory!
Haven't you just described a fringe player?

Grant Birchall; to retirement or Rhys Mathieson for greater opportunities elsewhere.

Odd thread.

Marcus Adams is a best 22 player somewhere. Here I don’t know?
If he is being held out of the team this year by either Payne or Lester he may seek opportunity elsewhere.
Could move back West?

While we in a window if you are best 22 not sure people go chasing a few $.
If you are fringe or pushed out of best 22 you can understand looking elsewhere to get a senior game weekly
Last year was Witho and we also traded Martin to the dogs..

I say clubs would of asked Charlie, Rayner, Clugga, Berry, Big O etc the question before they re-signed recently
We still have Rich, Bailey, McCarthy, Zorko and Lyons to sign from best 22. I would expect other clubs to ask their managers the question.
Pretty sure most be here in 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back