Next Seasons List Management And Delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

Have we delisted Molan yet? I only come on this thread to check that.

ha ha no not yet 😂

but why delist Molan when you said Hawthorn were right into her, what's going on ?
considering how crap their list build has gone, 100% they'd give up pick 18 to sign her up

throw in Jacques for Hawthorn's pick 22 as well, get your skates on Lord of the Wings and make it happen pronto !!!!!!

remember you bet a gorilla that Molan would be delisted, i'm already thinking what to spend it on 😂

Last edited:
ha ha no not yet 😂

but why delist Molan when you said Hawthorn were right into her, what's going on ?
considering how crap their list build has gone, 100% they'd give up pick 18 to sign her up

throw in Jacques for Hawthorn's pick 22 as well, get your skates on Lord of the Wings and make it happen pronto !!!!!!

remember you bet a gorilla that Molan would be delisted, i'm already thinking what to spend it on 😂
I've decided to donate the gorilla to the Kate Sheehan redundancy fund. Anyone who can't see Molan is a spud needs to be moved on

Also don't try to reinvent history - I said the Hawks were into McKenzie. Molan was only ever the steak knives in the deal.

Last edited:

I've decided to donate the gorilla to the Kate Sheehan redundancy fund. Anyone who can't see Molan is a spud needs to be moved on

Also don't try to reinvent history - I said the Hawks were into McKenzie. Molan was only ever the steak knives in the deal.

post #106 in this thread

"I reckon their is a fair chance McKenzie will follow Molan to the Dawks next year. Watch this space. If the Dawks pick up Molan then its on.
McKenzie would be on a Tier 2 (Conti & Brennan would be our Tier 1s) contract at best with us whilst she'd walk straight into a Tier 1 (plus big marketing $) at the Dawks."

who's reinventing history Lord of the Wings ??

you clearly state McKenzie will follow next year if Hawks pick Molan up
you didn't say Hawks into McKenzie, Molan steak knives

hasn't happened, so what's the go ????
likely your hunch is way off the mark

but still can you get on your bike and make this happen quick smart
Molan to Hawks for pick 18 and Jacques for pick 22

Last edited:
I've decided to donate the gorilla to the Kate Sheehan redundancy fund.

post #74 was directed at me, the right honorable Stan Judkins

"Completely agree with all that Stan apart from Molan. I be willing to bet a gorilla that she is delisted this year."

it's my money, are you welching on our bet ????

if you're trying to, mark my words, from now and forever you'll be know by everyone on Bigfooty as Lord of the CHICKEN Wings 🤣 😂

Last edited:
Lynch will be on the main list (we'll keep her)
McDonald And Peterson we'll find out after the draft when the final list will be lodged

Cordner and Burchill will be out for this season
situation is unknown about Ross
Thought lynch did enough to warrant a spot as a foot soldier as PA coined ,,,would have said same about SS too however you’d expect 3 recruits to be certain INs so space has to be made. Looking forward to a good year , fingers crossed for a favourable draw

Most vic clubs have had a crack at our best players , I think a few underestimated how invested the team are in the program ,it’s pretty clear more are keen to join than split

Thought lynch did enough to warrant a spot as a foot soldier as PA coined ,,,would have said same about SS too however you’d expect 3 recruits to be certain INs so space has to be made. Looking forward to a good year , fingers crossed for a favourable draw

yeah with S.Sansonetti it's just a case of bad luck
didn't help that Lynch came on better than expected (EQ 10th B&F)

3 recruits coming in & 3 compulsory draft picks, had to delist 2 out of 3 unlucky players
this years draftees should be decent

no doubt Sansonetti and Bernardi (knee permitting) will be looked at as delisted free agents

on the draw, if we get 3 out of the 4 new teams, 4 out of the 6 middle teams and 3 of the top 6, we could well play finals :praying:

Most vic clubs have had a crack at our best players , I think a few underestimated how invested the team are in the program ,it’s pretty clear more are keen to join than split

yeah the point you've made has conveniently been swepted under the rug by some doomsdayers
but we know better, don't we Bojangles17

:musicnotes: oh we're a happy team at Richmond :musicalnote:

post #106 in this thread

"I reckon their is a fair chance McKenzie will follow Molan to the Dawks next year. Watch this space. If the Dawks pick up Molan then its on.
McKenzie would be on a Tier 2 (Conti & Brennan would be our Tier 1s) contract at best with us whilst she'd walk straight into a Tier 1 (plus big marketing $) at the Dawks."

who's reinventing history Lord of the Wings ??

you clearly state McKenzie will follow next year if Hawks pick Molan up
you didn't say Hawks into McKenzie, Molan steak knives

hasn't happened, so what's the go ????
likely your hunch is way off the mark

but still can you get on your bike and make this happen quick smart
Molan to Hawks for pick 18 and Jacques for pick 22

The post states that the Hawks will take Molan this year so McKenzie will follow next year. That's steak knives.

Also your trade suggestions for Molan and Jacques are not particularly funny either

post #74 was directed at me, the right honorable Stan Judkins

"Completely agree with all that Stan apart from Molan. I be willing to bet a gorilla that she is delisted this year."

it's my money, are you welching on our bet ????

if you're trying to, mark my words, from now and forever you'll be know by everyone on Bigfooty as Lord of the CHICKEN Wings 🤣 😂
I've told you I'm giving the gorilla to the RFC so they can make KS redundant. They need it more than u :) cause Dimma is crying that he has no money in the kitty anymore

Our best players were contracted for next year so not sure that was the case at all.

contracts mean NOTHING to expansion sides when it comes to signings, it's been said 1000's of times

so what Bojangles17 said that
"Most vic clubs have had a crack at our best players , I think a few underestimated how invested the team are in the program ,it’s pretty clear more are keen to join than split"
is 100% true, no doubt about it

some people have to get over the hate and rumor mongering about our AFLW team and the strong culture we've built
we've lost NO ONE that we wanted to keep, that's now a fact, can't be disputed

seems like some posters keep coming on our AFLW forum, just to stir up rumors and innuendo, wanting to spread negativity
that's fair enough, each to their own, but don't be surprised with rebuttals of happiness and positivity from most other posters that are truly invested in our AFLW program :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought it was made pretty clear that contracts were meaningless if interest from an expansion club
A contract is a document that not even the AFL can interfere with as much as they'd probably like to.

It don't matter what SJ craps on about or anyone else - a contract is a legal document and can't be terminated unless both parties agree.

Same situation with Dusty

contracts mean NOTHING to expansion sides when it comes to signings, it's been said 1000's of times

so what Bojangles17 said that
"Most vic clubs have had a crack at our best players , I think a few underestimated how invested the team are in the program ,it’s pretty clear more are keen to join than split"
is 100% true, no doubt about it

some people have to get over the hate and rumor mongering about our AFLW team and the strong culture we've built
we've lost NO ONE that we wanted to keep, that's now a fact, can't be disputed

seems like some posters keep coming on our AFLW forum, just to stir up rumors and innuendo, wanting to spread negativity
that's fair enough, each to their own, but don't be surprised with rebuttals of happiness and positivity from most other posters that are truly invested in our AFLW program :)
I'm as invested as anyone, however, unlike some others inc yourself I'm not a pom pom waving cheerleader that thinks the club can do no wrong. They've made some terrible decisions in setting up our AFLW team. In combination they are enough that they should have been moved on. Example 1 of many we just gave up our 1st round draft pick and a likely star for a player we could have prelisted for free.

Don't pretend otherwise SJ the room for improvement in all aspects of this team is still significant and I'm happy to hold them accountable if others aren't.

A contract is a document that not even the AFL can interfere with as much as they'd probably like to.

It don't matter what SJ craps on about or anyone else - a contract is a legal document and can't be terminated unless both parties agree.

Someone copied it from afl website coz initially I challenged the validity of it

I'm as invested as anyone, however, unlike some others I'm not a pom pom waving cheerleader that thinks the club can do no wrong. They've made some terrible decisions in setting up our AFLW team. Some that they should have been sacked for. Example 1 of many we just gave up our 1st round draft pick and a likely star for a player we could have prelisted for free.

Don't pretend otherwise SJ the room for improvement in all aspects of this team is still significant and I'm happy to hold them accountable if others aren't.
Been pretty well said earlier that those decisions pale v the stars we’ve managed to bring into the club , ask Haw and Ess stikilda how easy that is . So the credits far outweigh that decision and the fact we got her back when several other clubs would have happily accomodated again says plenty for the program

Last edited:
Someone copied it from afl website coz initially I challenged the validity of it

AFL statement

"It has also been confirmed players who have signed two-season contracts during last year's Trade Period can still walk to an expansion club if approached and they're willing to make the move."
"The two-season contract is seen as a show of faith by the club towards the player, and it would be unfair on the latest round of expansion clubs if a whole host of players were off-limits, which has not been the case in previous expansions."

so NO, there is/was no binding 2 year contract in regards to expansion signings
our players were free to walk, if they wanted to, or got a better offer

i'll post it for you, so you don't think i'm making it up

AFL statement

"It has also been confirmed players who have signed two-season contracts during last year's Trade Period can still walk to an expansion club if approached and they're willing to make the move."
"The two-season contract is seen as a show of faith by the club towards the player, and it would be unfair on the latest round of expansion clubs if a whole host of players were off-limits, which has not been the case in previous expansions."

Last edited:
i'll post it to you, so you don't think i'm making it up

AFL statement

Ok, a couple of things.

1. The AFL is on very thin ice here. If someone was to challenge this legally I expect they would be in a lot of trouble unless all clubs and all players agreed to the change.
2. Does this ability to break a contract just apply to players who signed "during last years Trade period" in which case all those players who were signed before or after that period are excluded? If that's the case again our key players can't be poached.

Ok, a couple of things.

1. The AFL is on very thin ice here. If someone was to challenge this legally I expect they would be in a lot of trouble unless all clubs and all players agreed to the change.
2. Does this ability to break a contract just apply to players who signed "during last years Trade period" in which case all those players who were signed before or after that period are excluded? If that's the case again our key players can't be poached.
Would have been signed off by players assoc I’d say , without looking into it ,,did any actually break contacts , if indeed that’s what you call them , I really thought that Ess were gonna get both sisters on account of this rule , luck for cats they didn’t ,,,give it time I spose

Ok, a couple of things.

these are the 2 year contract players at the start of the early January season
Ellie McKenzie
Katie Brennan
Monique Conti
Bec Miller
Gabby Seymour
Tessa Lavey
Maddy Brancatisano
Jess Hosking
Poppy Kelly
Maddie Shevlin

okay i'll explain it to you this way

the CBA only applied to and then ran out in the above season, then every player was out of a signed contract

the club asked and were supported by the above players to agree to another year on top of the 1st contract, as only a show of faith between the two parties
it was only a "handshake" type agreement

as the CBA hadn't been agreed in writing by the AFL & AFLPA, our club and the above players would sign the extra 1 year, when the CBA had been finalised

now that the CBA has been finalised, the above players and the rest of our list will be signed up to the August season
this new CBA runs out at the end of this coming season, so again if our girls are asked and want to, they can commit in principle to a 2 year contract

when the new CBA is approved by the AFL & AFLPA for future seasons, our players can sign 1 or 2 year contracts which ever is offered by the club

so while your points are valid, they only apply if there is an actual written and signed contract, which in fact there wasn't after the end of last season
every player in the AFLW is uncontracted ATM

Last edited:
Would have been signed off by players assoc I’d say , without looking into it ,,did any actually break contacts , if indeed that’s what you call them , I really thought that Ess were gonna get both sisters on account of this rule , luck for cats they didn’t ,,,give it time I spose

see my post above

appendix:
as per the AFL statement, i believe the AFL clearly won't allow players and clubs to sign contracts until after the expansion period is finished
probably near the final list lodgement near the end of June

Last edited:
see my post above

appendix:
as per the AFL statement, i believe the AFL clearly won't allow players and clubs to sign contracts until after the expansion period is finished
probably near the final list lodgement near the end of June
Yep expected as much that in legal sense they ain’t contracts , a handshake agreement would be a better term which lord of wings would argue I’m sure , can still be a bone of contention lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back