Next Seasons List Management And Delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

Knew Ess would snag maddie P, I guessed she was a bombers fan being a local , and I anticipated Ess would plough a heap of $$ into the program interesting who else they get

spot on Bojangles17
rumored to be offering Maddy Prespakis 300K 2 year contract (on field & off field package)
good on the druggies, she's still very young, & they get her for free & keep their 1st rounders
but they will only likely be able to offer 1 more Prespakis type deal

MVP & league B&F Emily Bates weighing up a huge offer from Hawks

no news about any of our players, is good news

spot on Bojangles17
rumored to be offering Maddy Prespakis 300K 2 year contract (on field & off field package)
good on the druggies, she's still very young, & they get her for free & keep their 1st rounders

Does her sister play for cats , I thought she could be part of ESS targets

Does her sister play for cats , I thought she could be part of ESS targets
She does but she was drafted this year I think so in eligible for free agency ....defs a trade target or wait 12 months

She does but she was drafted this year I think so in eligible for free agency ....defs a trade target or wait 12 months

She does but she was drafted this year I think so in eligible for free agency
yeah i think your right, but not 100% sure

Maddy Brancatisano was drafted by Dees in 2018 & signed by us the next year in 2019 as a expansion free agent

but article in the AFLW says Swans will have to trade for Ally Morphett,
"Due to Morphett being drafted last year, it's expected that Sydney will have to negotiate a trade with its crosstown rivals – rather than sign her as a free agent – in order to complete the deal."

from what has been rumored Georgia Prespakis is not interested in leaving Cats ATM

Last edited:
spot on Bojangles17

Gee that’s a good contract and for the top line girls well deserved , won’t be too many of those around

Gee that’s a good contract and for the top line girls well deserved , won’t be too many of those around

Conti & Brennan would be close to if not on 100K/year package at least, with their recent 2 year contract signings
with the expansion teams coming in this season, Conti would be on some serious $ with us, given her young age and being our best player, to ward off poachers
both have brand new Jeeps, as have a few others (Miller, Cordner, Hoskings, McKenzie, Seymour & Lavey from the top of my head)

when we traded Fredericks, her contract $'s went to others
10 players were signed on 2 year contracts, to the end of 2023
Ellie McKenzie 2023
Katie Brennan 2023
Monique Conti 2023
Bec Miller 2023
Gabby Seymour 2023
Tessa Lavey 2023
Maddy Brancatisano 2023
Jess Hosking 2023
Poppy Kelly 2023
Maddie Shevlin 2023

with 3 finishing their 2 years at the end of this coming season
Harriet Cordner 2022
Sarah D’Arcy 2022
Sarah Hosking 2022

definitely a strategic move by our club, to increase the $'s for our best players payment packages, keeping them happy on & off the footy field

Maddy Prespakis & Georgia Gee only signed a 1 year contract extension last season, while Carlton was pushing them for 2 years
writing on the wall type stuff, even the club statement is very vague on reasons other than the usual
we have a plan, sticking to it, can't upset plan because 2 players are offered more than we're willing to give, club is on the right path, blah blah
copy of the Tayla Harris leaving statement

if rumors are true what Hawks are offering Emily Bates, she'll be the highest paid player in the AFLW
god knows what other players will be offered by Sydney & Pt Adelaide, but i assume it'll be in the 100K region, probably more

and the new CBA to be implemented, will certainly increase the $'s for every player contract
will be interesting to see by how much %

Sydney have started nibbling at GWS players, Port will pillage Crows, Dons have Prespakis, Hawks after Bates
no word/rumor on any of our players, life is good so far

Although there were reports last week that Grace Egan is expected to leave Carlton, with "a host of interstate sides" – including Sydney – pursuing her... seems plausible to me that she ends up back at Richmond.

Although there were reports last week that Grace Egan is expected to leave Carlton, with "a host of interstate sides" – including Sydney – pursuing her... seems plausible to me that she ends up back at Richmond.
Following up on this.
Egan has told her teammates of her intentions to exit Ikon Park in the upcoming sign and trade period but is looking increasingly likely to shun interstate interest.
Richmond and St Kilda are two clubs considered frontrunners to secure the 21-year-old.

That would be a terrific get , very handy addition to midfield alongside hosko moncon and e mck,,,get it done

Back home where she belongs. Should never have been allowed to leave

Riley Beveridge reporting Richmond as the preferred destination

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unless a player is planning on moving in the other direction, Richmond will have to give up their first rounder for her--currently pick 12, one spot higher than what she went for in 2019. Hard to haggle considering the previous trades with Carlton for the Hoskings (essentially Sarah for pick 15, Jess for pick 23) and she'd definitely get taken before that if she nominated for the draft.

Unless a player is planning on moving in the other direction, Richmond will have to give up their first rounder for her--currently pick 12, one spot higher than what she went for in 2019. Hard to haggle considering the previous trades with Carlton for the Hoskings (essentially Sarah for pick 15, Jess for pick 23) and she'd definitely get taken before that if she nominated for the draft.
Bugger that. That pick will come into Vic pick 7 which is a very high price to pay in this draft. Since they stole her off us to begin with a 2nd rounder will suffice

That pick will come into Vic pick 7 which is a very high price to pay in this draft.
Essendon and Hawthorn, without using draft picks, can each sign 3 u18s from their development zones, of which at least a couple will be highly rated players. So that Vic pick 7 is probably a bit deceptive, it's more like 9 or 10. To only give that up for Egan would be very good value.

On basis of molan and Reid as r1s ,,,,get it done ✅ the girl can play

True I'm working off the theory of 3rd time lucky though with our 1st pick. Any chance we get a priority pick again? Given Geesook got 3 last year which was a disgrace surely we are in line for 1 again.
Doubt it , imho we underperformed , horrid performances v cats and wb that were in worse shape than us at time. If we can add two of egans std it will def make a diff, as it means the likes of molan dargan Jacques will be delisted

as it stands Teen Wolf it looks that way, us giving up our 1st pick, Vic pick 7 for Grace Egan

but i'm certain they'll be haggling over the better calibre of draftees this year compared to year when Egan was let go
i'd say there would be conversations on Carlton's 2nd or at least 3rd pick going our way
Egan isn't near the potential of say a Mackenzie Eardley, Sofia Hurley, Charlotte Taylor or Bridie Hipwell who would be in our 1st pick range
the top 10 this year is very, very good
we'd probably argue as well that Egan would be Carlton's 5th or 6th best mid, granted that Prespakis & Gee are going, which isn't our fault

Sarah Hosking was Vic pick 9 (traded to Dees for O'Dea & Guerin), stupid trade as Dees picked up Eliza McNamara
Jess Hosking was Vic pick 14 (Brooke Vickers) & 23 (didn't use pick 23)
both trades weren't that outrageously in our favour, fair compensation was given i think

If Egan went to the draft, i'd guess 50/50 she lasts until our 2nd pic, Vick pick 15

Essendon and Hawthorn, without using draft picks, can each sign 3 u18s from their development zones, of which at least a couple will be highly rated players. So that Vic pick 7 is probably a bit deceptive, it's more like 9 or 10. To only give that up for Egan would be very good value.

yeah agree with your post Teen Wolf, Hawks development regions are Eastern Ranges & Gippsland power, Don's is Calder Cannons

i'd say Hawks go at least
Mia Busch Eastern Ranges 166cm Mid/Def
Mia Austin Eastern Ranges 177cm Tall Fwd
no noticeable Gippsland Power players, other than Yasmin Duursma, but strong rumour she's going to nominate Adelaide region to get drafted by Power, wants to play for same club as brother

Don's would be mad to over look
Abbey McDonald Calder Cannons 162cm Mid
Reese Sutton Calder Cannons 159cm Mid

none of these players, other than a huge outside chance, Mia Busch &/or Reese Sutton, would be top 10, our 1st pick wouldn't slide per se to 9 or 10
it will be interesting to see whether we admit our mistake in not matching the bid on Egan and pay the price for her (our top 10 pick)
or stand by our initial assessment and only offer our 2nd pick (which is what i believe the bidding system was based on, we could've matched Carlton's bid pick 13 national with our next pick, which was our 2nd Rd pick 25 national)

Bugger that. That pick will come into Vic pick 7 which is a very high price to pay in this draft. Since they stole her off us to begin with a 2nd rounder will suffice
Super to get her back , grated on me every time I saw her how on earth we misjudged so badly to not even pre list her , anyways moving on up , get it done
On basis of molan and Reid as r1s ,,,,get it done ✅ the girl can play

whoa hold your horses fellas
Molan i agree, but Reid after 3 -4 games, no way i'm writing her off ATM
i doubt Molan gets delisted this year

yeah it's romantic to get Egan back, but at what cost?
Egan can play, but we're not talking about getting a gun player here and we're talking about possibly giving up the 7th best player in Victoria (which Egan is not)
yes it would be very handy to have her, S.Hosking & Conti at centre bounces
yes she can get the ball out via h/b, but isn't known for speed, marking and goal kicking

Egan, if you've watched her play, is a version of what Molan should be, tough/hard attack on the footy firing out h/b to outside players
i too would like her back & if as reported she wants to come back, we would have had or certainly going to have conversations with the Blues in regards to how this is going to possibly go down

i'd be offering our 2nd Rd Vic pick 15, with our 1st Rd Vic pick 7 going their way and their Vic pick 8 going our way
i seriously would want to keep a 1st Rd pick this year

Lets hope it all works out to our satisfaction

whoa hold your horses fellas
Molan i agree, but Reid after 3 -4 games, no way i'm writing her off ATM
i doubt Molan gets delisted this year

yeah it's romantic to get Egan back, but at what cost?
Egan can play, but we're not talking about getting a gun player here and we're talking about possibly giving up the 7th best player in Victoria (which Egan is not)
yes it would be very handy to have her, S.Hosking & Conti at centre bounces
yes she can get the ball out via h/b, but isn't known for speed, marking and goal kicking

Egan, if you've watched her play, is a version of what Molan should be, tough/hard attack on the footy firing out h/b to outside players
i too would like her back & if as reported she wants to come back, we would have had or certainly going to have conversations with the Blues in regards to how this is going to possibly go down

i'd be offering our 2nd Rd Vic pick 15, with our 1st Rd Vic pick 7 going their way and their Vic pick 8 going our way
i seriously would want to keep a 1st Rd pick this year

Lets hope it all works out to our satisfaction
Completely agree with all that Stan apart from Molan. I be willing to bet a gorilla that she is delisted this year.

as it stands Teen Wolf it looks that way, us giving up our 1st pick, Vic pick 7 for Grace Egan

but i'm certain they'll be haggling over the better calibre of draftees this year compared to year when Egan was let go
i'd say there would be conversations on Carlton's 2nd or at least 3rd pick going our way
Egan isn't near the potential of say a Mackenzie Eardley, Sofia Hurley, Charlotte Taylor or Bridie Hipwell who would be in our 1st pick range
the top 10 this year is very, very good
we'd probably argue as well that Egan would be Carlton's 5th or 6th best mid, granted that Prespakis & Gee are going, which isn't our fault

Sarah Hosking was Vic pick 9 (traded to Dees for O'Dea & Guerin), stupid trade as Dees picked up Eliza McNamara
Jess Hosking was Vic pick 14 (Brooke Vickers) & 23 (didn't use pick 23)
both trades weren't that outrageously in our favour, fair compensation was given i think

If Egan went to the draft, i'd guess 50/50 she lasts until our 2nd pic, Vick pick 15
Hmmm can recall peeps being bullish about Reid at draft time, not that I saw anything in the highlights , if push came to shove I’d still handover a r1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back