Next Seasons List Management And Delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 14, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Wings nearly tipped this!

Honestly think losing Sophie Locke to the Dawks is a bigger loss, aside from the wonderful camaraderie Akec has displayed at the Tiges!
Lol you sarcastic @#&$# , I gotta hand it to Akec for attitude , nevEr have I seen a more enthusiastic player than her , she would have been terrific for the playing group , good luck to her and haw will need a lot of luck too if their marque signings are akec and molan , strewth

GWS Defender Libby Graham has requested a trade to Richmond after two seasons and six games with the Giants.

Libby Graham.jpg

Libby Graham
Defender
Height: 176cm
D.O.B: 12-09-1997
Draft history: 2020 AFLW Draft 3rd round selection, No.42 Manly Warringah Wolves
Club: Manly Warringah (Sydney AFLW)
After a season as a train-on partner with the GIANTS in 2020, Graham realised her dream of joining the AFLW competition in 2021.
A long-term soccer player, the rebounding defender started her AFL journey with North Shore, before a stint with Macquarie Uni and now finds herself at home with the Manly Warringah Wolves in the AFL Sydney Women’s competition.
The intercept defender made her AFLW debut in 2021, playing three games.
She plays off half-back, with a bit of added experience as a readymade defender who can step up straight away and slot into the Tiger's outfit.

GWS Defender Libby Graham has requested a trade to Richmond after two seasons and six games with the Giants.

View attachment 1402465
Libby Graham
Defender
Height: 176cm
D.O.B: 12-09-1997
Draft history: 2020 AFLW Draft 3rd round selection, No.42 Manly Warringah Wolves
Club: Manly Warringah (Sydney AFLW)
After a season as a train-on partner with the GIANTS in 2020, Graham realised her dream of joining the AFLW competition in 2021.
A long-term soccer player, the rebounding defender started her AFL journey with North Shore, before a stint with Macquarie Uni and now finds herself at home with the Manly Warringah Wolves in the AFL Sydney Women’s competition.
The intercept defender made her AFLW debut in 2021, playing three games.
She plays off half-back, with a bit of added experience as a readymade defender who can step up straight away and slot into the Tiger's outfit.
I got a bit excited when I saw my new feed out of the corner of my eye on my phone - I thought Libby Birch, you ripper, made sense former teammate of Cordner. Now I find it is Libby Graham? Tell me Stanley - what is she like?

Feb 14, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
I got a bit excited when I saw my new feed out of the corner of my eye on my phone - I thought Libby Birch, you ripper, made sense former teammate of Cordner. Now I find it is Libby Graham? Tell me Stanley - what is she like?

haha yeah same here, saw Libby and thought yay Birch 🤦‍♂️
know nothing about her unfortunately

seems like a Poppy Kelly/Beth Lynch type pick up, fringe player that we maybe see as having big upside
plays defence so maybe a Cordner replacement ?
maybe also McLaren not playing again so need a taller defender ?

don't know where this leaves Sansonetti, McLelland & McLaren in the scheme of things
backline getting really cramped for spots

but fair call by club, should only cost pick 50+

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
haha yeah same here, saw Libby and thought yay Birch 🤦‍♂️
know nothing about her unfortunately

seems like a Poppy Kelly/Beth Lynch type pick up, fringe player that we maybe see as having big upside
plays defence so maybe a Cordner replacement ?
maybe also McLaren not playing again so need a taller defender ?

don't know where this leaves Sansonetti, McLelland & McLaren in the scheme of things
backline getting really cramped for spots

but fair call by club, should only cost pick 50+
176 pretty decent size in W , only 1cm shorter than me so a giant . Don’t mind bringing in mature trades , we know draft depth is wafer thin

176 pretty decent size in W , only 1cm shorter than me so a giant . Don’t mind bringing in mature trades , we know draft depth is wafer thin

Geez Bo, you ain't even a Collingwood 6 footer unless you wear your high-heeled footy boots........

Imagine the mess you could've made of the oppo's with these bad boys!!!

1652790872090.png

Last edited:

TheTassieHawk

Team Captain
Oct 12, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
2021 was 9 games and 2022 (I) was 10 games.

AFL is proposing 10, 10, 10

Needs to be minimum 11,12,12 (or 10, 12,13) so that everyone plays everyone twice (home and away) over 3 years and non Vic state derbies get played every year in that time.

Feb 14, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
AFLW Season 2022 II

Key dates
AFLW Expansion Signing Period 24 May 2022

Sign and Trade Period 31 May 2022

NAB AFLW Draft 29 June 2022

Pre-season commences 13 June 2022

Season Commences, 25-27 August 2022*

Finals commences, 4-6 November 2022*

NAB AFLW Grand Final, Weekend of 25-27 November 2022*

Fixtured dates and game times TBC

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Profop

Club Legend
Oct 20, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
Anyone have an update on Maria Rioli? Is she still keen on footy was meant to be a very good junior player?

Bit of a summary article so far

The only snippet relating the the Tiges was:
1653360857202.png

This was interesting at the end of the article:

1653360923894.png

Last edited:
This was interesting at the end of the article:

View attachment 1407822
Well she is a Puma girl, if I interpret your interest correctly. Gone from talks with Essendon to Hawthorn to the Bulldogs, at least from what I've seen/heard, so why not Richmond too.

Well she is a Puma girl, if I interpret your interest correctly. Gone from talks with Essendon to Hawthorn to the Bulldogs, at least from what I've seen/heard, so why not Richmond too.
:D

Feb 14, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
well Phar Ace, Cdog71, Bojangles17, Teen Wolf looks like ATM we don't have our 1st Rd pick

How many players can each club lose? Expansion rules explained

WITH the expansion signing period officially open, the existing fourteen AFLW clubs have been bracing themselves to lose players to new sides Essendon, Hawthorn, Port Adelaide and Sydney as each build inaugural lists.

But what are the rules clubs face when it comes to losing players through expansion?
Each player in the competition has been assigned a points value which is calculated based on age, payment tier, career games and any awards they might have won.

To keep their first round draft pick for the upcoming NAB AFLW Draft, existing clubs must lose a total of 28 points worth of players.
Should clubs not reach that threshold, they will go to the draft without a first round selection.

Clubs can lose a variable number of players in line with this points system, based on recent successes and location.
For example, a club can reach that 28-point threshold by only losing a couple of highly rated players, while another might lose several players who each attract a lower points valuation.

Each of the top seven teams from the past two seasons combined may lose (via expansion) a maximum of:
Four players if in Victoria, Queensland or Western Australia
Eight players if in New South Wales or South Australia

Each of the bottom seven teams from the past two seasons combined may lose (via expansion) a maximum of:
Three players if in Victoria, Queensland or Western Australia
Six players if in New South Wales or South Australia

Based on cumulative ladder position across seasons five and six womens.afl understands
the top seven teams to be Adelaide, Melbourne, Brisbane, Fremantle, Collingwood, North Melbourne and Western Bulldogs,
and the bottom seven teams to be Carlton, GWS, Richmond, St Kilda, Gold Coast, Geelong and West Coast.

Last edited:

Lord of the Wings

Club Legend
Nov 9, 2020
Pacific Island
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tigers
well Phar Ace, Cdog71, Bojangles17, Teen Wolf looks like ATM we don't have our 1st Rd pick

How many players can each club lose? Expansion rules explained

WITH the expansion signing period officially open, the existing fourteen AFLW clubs have been bracing themselves to lose players to new sides Essendon, Hawthorn, Port Adelaide and Sydney as each build inaugural lists.

But what are the rules clubs face when it comes to losing players through expansion?
Each player in the competition has been assigned a points value which is calculated based on age, payment tier, career games and any awards they might have won.

To keep their first round draft pick for the upcoming NAB AFLW Draft, existing clubs must lose a total of 28 points worth of players.
Should clubs not reach that threshold, they will go to the draft without a first round selection.

Clubs can lose a variable number of players in line with this points system, based on recent successes and location.
For example, a club can reach that 28-point threshold by only losing a couple of highly rated players, while another might lose several players who each attract a lower points valuation.

Each of the top seven teams from the past two seasons combined may lose (via expansion) a maximum of:
Four players if in Victoria, Queensland or Western Australia
Eight players if in New South Wales or South Australia

Each of the bottom seven teams from the past two seasons combined may lose (via expansion) a maximum of:
Three players if in Victoria, Queensland or Western Australia
Six players if in New South Wales or South Australia

Based on cumulative ladder position across seasons five and six womens.afl understands
the top seven teams to be Adelaide, Melbourne, Brisbane, Fremantle, Collingwood, North Melbourne and Western Bulldogs,
and the bottom seven teams to be Carlton, GWS, Richmond, St Kilda, Gold Coast, Geelong and West Coast.
I thought it was April 1st when reading this?

So we have to force girls out that don't want to leave in order to keep our 1st round pick.

That is *en ridiculous given the struggles we've had over our first 3 seasons.

Livingstone is clearly as useless as Gilligan. Pee off back to swimming Nicole.

Profop

Club Legend
Oct 20, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
Hmm I actually don’t mind it. The other way they could have done it was give picks to those who lost players which could have meant a team like Carlton gained a stack of early picks as a reward for having players hate it there

Lord of the Wings

Club Legend
Nov 9, 2020
Pacific Island
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tigers
Hmm I actually don’t mind it. The other way they could have done it was give picks to those who lost players which could have meant a team like Carlton gained a stack of early picks as a reward for having players hate it there
We are 3 or 4 decent players off being a finals contender. How the hell do we get there if we don't have any draft picks? Ridiculous.

Profop

Club Legend
Oct 20, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
We are 3 or 4 decent players off being a finals contender. How the hell do we get there if we don't have any draft picks? Ridiculous.
Yes but this way we may actually end up with an earlier pick

If they had have gone down a priority pick path while we still had a first round pick if could have ended up after what our second round pick will be now

Lord of the Wings

Club Legend
Nov 9, 2020
Pacific Island
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tigers
Yes but this way we may actually end up with an earlier pick

If they had have gone down a priority pick path while we still had a first round pick if could have ended up after what our second round pick will be now
Who is leaving to get our 28 pts. Aker has gone to Hawthorn but we’d need to lose a good player to retain our pick and we can’t afford to lose anyone

Profop

Club Legend
Oct 20, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
Who is leaving to get our 28 pts. Aker has gone to Hawthorn but we’d need to lose a good player to retain our pick and we can’t afford to lose anyone
We will lose our 1st round pick with these rules. What I’m saying is they could have gone a different way and given Carlton (for example) picks 2 and 3, the saints pick 4, the bulldogs pick 5 and so on which would end up pushing our first pick further back that our second pick could end up being with multiple first round picks taken out of the pool

Until we see exactly how it ends up working it’s difficult to say

Remove this Banner Ad

Back