Next Seasons List Management And Delistings

sounds like the Swans want to give her a real go at being a midfielder, good luck to her, i wish her well

only need one more like her (Molan or Jacques) to go to expansion and we might just get to the 28 point threshold and keep our 1st Rd pick
Be amazed if that talented bunch makes 28pts - but then again...........................

I saw a red headed mid season prospect Charlie molan from Ballarat , have to be brother

I wouldn't be against taking Charlie in the MSD - he's not flashy, but incredibly dependable - obviously not a full family trait!

nah was running like she had wings on her feet
where she got the acceleration i'll never know

i suspect performance enhancing drugs 😂

I suspect it was on the down hill section and had no strength left to slow momentum - a few metres on she face plants it surely?

Throw a footy on the track and she’ll be 100m last
You are too kind, tripped over the ball and still picking herself up more likely.......

To be fair, my only caveat is if she was playing under some sort of duress at Richmond and Port Melbourne in the season gone could I possibly undertand it a bit. But I watched most of the Port games and even though she often had the most disposals - you really needed to witness those disposals too get a handle on how I turned through the season. She was putrid, when she should have racked it up and dominated.

Will be interesting to see if anything has changed - not holding my breathe, but you'd hope those closer to the action (especially Ferg) would be across this.

Feb 14, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
You are too kind, tripped over the ball and still picking herself up more likely.......

To be fair, my only caveat is if she was playing under some sort of duress at Richmond and Port Melbourne in the season gone could I possibly undertand it a bit. But I watched most of the Port games and even though she often had the most disposals - you really needed to witness those disposals too get a handle on how I turned through the season. She was putrid, when she should have racked it up and dominated.

Will be interesting to see if anything has changed - not holding my breathe, but you'd hope those closer to the action (especially Ferg) would be across this.

but you'd hope those closer to the action (especially Ferg) would be across this.
what would make Ferg delist Benno, Sans & Mac and not Molan & Jac ?
Dargs was lucky she went to the Swans & Akec to the Hawks, they would've been cut as well

What do you think Ferg see's in Molan that LOTR doesn't ? 😂
is Ferg trying to drive LOTR crazy ? trying to get him certified ? 😂

will Molan gift LOTR a perma ban, now she's just had a decent pay rise ? ;)
is this how LOTR really feels about Molan
sad.png

Feb 14, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
You're a sad person SJ if you think Molan staying on the list is funny.

It shows just how unprofessional the AFLW team still is when we have halfwits making list decisions like this.

c'mon Lord of the Wings if you can't see the funny side of this, you'd cry 😂
and i'm done crying, so i've resorted to cracking jokes to keep myself sane

Molan is turning into one of those players that you can't root, shoot or electrocute, or she's got nine lives, one or the other
or she's got dirt on Sheahan or Ferg, which means we're stuck with her for a long time 😂

but you'd hope those closer to the action (especially Ferg) would be across this.
what would make Ferg delist Benno, Sans & Mac and not Molan & Jac ?
Dargs was lucky she went to the Swans & Akec to the Hawks, they would've been cut as well

What do you think Ferg see's in Molan that LOTR doesn't ? 😂
is Ferg trying to drive LOTR crazy ? trying to get him certified ? 😂

will Molan gift LOTR a perma ban, now she's just had a decent pay rise ? ;)
is this how LOTR really feels about Molan View attachment 1412005

Honestly have no idea what (if anything) exists that would save Molan - but that's the point isn't it, we are trying to compare a few fanboys to the coach of the football list. I'm sure Ferg has even greater insights into player development than LOTW has regard for his own insights (and others ;)).

If Ferg even knows LOTW exists, then I guess it is possible, but Ferg never mentioned it to me - possibly all hush-hush :whistle: 🤣

Feb 14, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Richmond currently holds three picks in next month's 2022 NAB AFL Women's Draft.

The Tigers have received one round one pick, No. 18, followed by pick No. 52 (round three) and pick No. 68 (round four).
Vic pick 9, Vic pick 27 & Vic pick 36

The first round will run to a massive 36 selections, with a number of teams forfeiting their first-rounder after not losing the requisite points value to expansion clubs.

The final draft order will be determined after the Sign and Trade Period, which opens on Tuesday at 2pm and closes next Wednesday.

Last edited:

mrposhman

Team Captain
Nov 9, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Richmond currently holds three picks in next month's 2022 NAB AFL Women's Draft.

The Tigers have received one round one pick, No. 18, followed by pick No. 52 (round three) and pick No. 68 (round four).
Vic pick 9, Vic pick 27 & Vic pick 36

The first round will run to a massive 36 selections, with a number of teams forfeiting their first-rounder after not losing the requisite points value to expansion clubs.

The final draft order will be determined after the Sign and Trade Period, which opens on Tuesday at 2pm and closes next Wednesday.

What do you think we'd need to give up to get Egan? I assume Pick 18, but will we get something back from Carlton? Would we get 38 back in that instance?

Feb 14, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
What do you think we'd need to give up to get Egan? I assume Pick 18, but will we get something back from Carlton? Would we get 38 back in that instance?

yeah you assume correctly, pick 18 will only get it done, i highly doubt our next pick No 52 3rd Rd would interest them

Would we get pick 38 going our way with Egan ?
we'd be pushing for it, but my feeling is they might only offer Egan or package pick 55 our way with Egan

pick 18 being our best by a mile, i suspect we'll be haggling until the death knell
but yeah if we want Egan it's going to cost us this year

our draft hand is going to be very bad, might as well recruit some mature agers, as all the good 18 yo will be gone

Feb 14, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
The way they list the draft picks is foolish. We really have picks 9 and 27. I would have thought 27 was appropriate for Egan

you'd hope so for our sake, but my spider sense is tingling that it'll be Vic pick 9 (national No 18)
in the draft would Egan be Victoria's 27th best player ? i don't think so

losing our 2nd Rd pick has tied our hands a lot

Last edited:

mrposhman

Team Captain
Nov 9, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
you'd hope so for our sake, but my spider sense is tingling that it'll be Vic pick 9 (national No 18)
in the draft would Egan be Victoria's 27th best player ? i don't think so

losing our 2nd Rd pick has tied our hands a lot

Tend to agree, but she also wouldn't be the 9th best player in VIC right, so we should get something back.

Over agers might be the way to go, we seriously need to add a forward somewhere down the line, we literally only have 5 natural forwards in Wakefield, Brennan, Stahl, Yassir and Reid, and Wakefield is what 34/35 and big question marks over Reid. Maybe Jacques could play as a small forward but doesn't change that we don't have any tall forwards and with Cordner missing the next season, we can't even swing D'Arcy forward if need be.

Mature age draftees that can play forward are really important for us I feel.

mrposhman

Team Captain
Nov 9, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Just saw a highlights package and a welcome to Steph Williams from Geelong on the Club site

Saw that too, no mention of what we paid. I'll admit I've not seen her before (not that I remember anyway), but seems like she is a quick small forward. Looks like she'd make a good partner for Yassir in attack (in place of Stahl) or maybe Yassir will move into the midfield.

Back