Next Seasons List Management And Delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

Not rushed today was last day of sign on period she had been training with us yesterday and privately during off season

Club made no promises but relised no young forwards likely available at our first pick so signed her up

Was months of research involved tracked her for months
Maybe so but still sounds rushed. Why wait till the last few hours on the last day to make a decision?

Last edited:
Maybe so but still sounds rushed. Why wait till the last few hours on the last day to make a decision?
Mate you’ve got an issue with thinking everything is ‘rushed’ whilst having absolutely zero idea what is going on behind the scenes

Ellie McKenzie’s return ‘rushed’, this selection ‘rushed’

The only thing I see that is actually rushed is a majority of your takes

So if they signed her 2 weeks ago without due diligence would you still call it rushed

she's been signed as a DFA, i haven't seen anywhere that has her de-listed by the Dogs
yesterday was the final day for DFA's
list lodgement's before the draft are on Thursday, June 16, which is today

the Dogs having lost their entire fwd line, would have been taking their time in assessing which way to go, retain her or go draft
yesterday they have chosen to de-list her and go to the draft

RFC was notified, so Recruiting Manager Trent Mosbey gave her a call to come down to Punt Road, to give her the good news, which was shown on the video footage

looks like a good Riewoldt type, great leap, quick and agile, takes a good mark, 174 cm is Brennan's height
consistency is her issue ATM, but 19 yo so has time to get it right

in her final year at the Western Jets, was used as a high HF kicking 8 goals, had 3 X I50/game, part time ruck, bit of midfield, versatile
sounds like she's a Wakefield replacement, from Mosbey calling her a Key Fwd

Last edited:
Mate you’ve got an issue with thinking everything is ‘rushed’ whilst having absolutely zero idea what is going on behind the scenes

Ellie McKenzie’s return ‘rushed’, this selection ‘rushed’

The only thing I see that is actually rushed is a majority of your takes
This post seems a little rushed!

Last edited:
They didn't come to Richmond because of the culture - its was clearly other reasons - :cat: $

You know that because you have discussed it with how many of the team?

You really ought to back off the harshly personal attacks on Stanley - it does not serve what you have to offer here well. He is no different to you, me or others and to try and paint it otherwise is a sad reflection on yourself at the moment. Move on and be a part of the discussion - not THE discussion!

You really ought to back off the harshly personal attacks on Stanley - it does not serve what you have to offer here well. He is no different to you, me or others and to try and paint it otherwise is a sad reflection on yourself at the moment. Move on and be a part of the discussion - not THE discussion!

Katie Brennan came to Richmond because we are a Puma sponsored club and she thought her off-field $ and opportunities would improve by being at a high profile club - fact.

Old Stanley gives as good as he gets. In fact he has been the instigator of a lot of our exchanges. It takes 2 to tango.

LOL yes Phar Ace, it doesn't bother me at all, personal attacks or otherwise
i do love the banter with all you champion Posters, yes even with Lord of the Wings :p

being an old fogey, it helps keep my mind ticking over, also helps with the dementia 😂

LOL yes Phar Ace, it doesn't bother me at all, personal attacks or otherwise
i do love the banter with all you champion Posters, yes even with Lord of the Wings :p

being an old fogey, it helps keep my mind ticking over, also helps with the dementia 😂
That's weird, I feel like some of Lord of the Wings posts are actually pushing me into dementia

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Katie Brennan came to Richmond because we are a Puma sponsored club and she thought her off-field $ and opportunities would improve by being at a high profile club - fact.

Old Stanley gives as good as he gets. In fact he has been the instigator of a lot of our exchanges. It takes 2 to tango.

So that's Zero players you have spoken to in order to form that opinion? It's an opinion formed from general observations and not a fact?! Just say it's an opinion as opposed to some sort of self-believed and promoted fact. It serves you and everyone else better that way. I love the banter, yours, Stanley's, Bo's, Cdogs and so many others, and we don't have to all always agree, which is great because it expands my thinking too, but I just don't think this sort of thing is necessary:
  • "You come on here pretending to be the keeper of all AFLW knowledge but in reality you about as knowledgeable as Sheehan."
It's the sweeping inaccuracies that you pitched as some sort of fact - when you would have been just as well to say something like:
  • 'You come on here pretending to know more than I think you do.'
The difference being you are just tell us it's your opinion. We all have them, the good, the bad, the ugly. I'm with you on a few things, just not put-downs couched somehow as facts.

Here's hoping we have a good season!

Last edited:
Tay Stahl has announced retirement which obviously lead to club going after Woods....they've known for a while

Just makes me scratch my head a little bit given we had Sophie Locke right there in front of us. She had a pretty good goal sense!

Just makes me scratch my head a little bit given we had Sophie Locke right there in front of us. She had a pretty good goal sense!
I think stahl is suspect to concussions , clearly decided health more important than forging further with footy career , tbh she peaked , had a couple of good games after building her confidence that she struggled with for a while

Massive jump from vfl to W , Kiely and McDonald both very accomplished at vfl, mk ok at times , certainly hard at it but struggled to impact like she used to , McDonald did stuff all. A watch to see if any development to come

yeah spot on Bojangles17

Kiely ave 30 disp/game in VFLW before we drafted her, ave 9 disp/game AFLW season just gone

it's going to take a VFLW/draftee player a couple of years to get used to the jump to the AFLW, if they ever can
more pace, bigger bodies, smarter players

for example Georgia Nanscawen 30 yo, who the Bombers posters are raving about because she's been ave 27 disp/game last year and this year
the game against Casey this year, they put a AFLW listed player Shelly Heath on her, Nanscawen only managed 12 disp

Sophie Locke in the forward line has some tricks on her, but like Stahl found out, AFLW defenders don't allow you to get away with tricks
it's only this year she was used more in the midfield, hence her disposals/game went way up
she can play VFLW no doubt about it, but will find it tougher in the AFLW initially

i'd much rather we trade for a Williams & Woods with some AFLW experience and upside, than list Locke ATM

MacDonald we've been using as a tagger/run with role, don't mind that
she's brave and tenacious so giving her another year on the list is fine by me

Last edited:
Tay Stahl has announced retirement which obviously lead to club going after Woods....they've known for a while

Iilish Ross wasn't on the list of the twenty-four Richmond AFLW players that we've signed for this coming season
RFC keep claiming we have 4 picks, 38, 59, 62 and 86 in the AFLW Draft

so 24 resigned + 4 recruits = 28 players, Cordner & Burchell inactive, that brings it to 26 players so far available to play
4 draft picks make sense, so Ross must be gone (delisted/retired), but no confirmation yet, what has happened with her

Woods we're looking as a Wakefield replacement as Mosby said "Key fwd" when talking about her

i think Williams is more Stahl's replacement

AFLW list update
Richmond Football Club advises that it has delisted small defender Iilish Ross ahead of tonight’s NAB AFL Women’s Draft.

TR081121DB0525.jpg

Richmond Football Club advises that it has delisted small defender Iilish Ross ahead of Wednesday night's NAB AFL Women’s Draft.
Ross played 10 games for the Tigers across three seasons, adding to the 11 she played with the Magpies in 2018 and 2019.
The 22-year-old missed the entire 2022 summer season with a foot injury and had been on the Club’s inactive playing list.
A former first-round draft pick, Ross also missed most of the 2020 season through injury.
Richmond Head of Women’s Football Kate Sheahan wished Ross well for the future.
"Iilish has been unfortunate with injuries across her time at Richmond and in the AFLW," she said.
"We thank her for the hard work she put in during her time at the Club and wish her all the best for her future endeavours."

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back