Strategy Next senior coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When we win it is in spite of Horse, when we lose it is all Horse's fault.

All the senior players are cooked, the youngsters are up & down...but it all Horse's fault.

Some of you need to give the record player a nudge, you're stuck on the same song.

the so called succession plan will just continue. we will be lauded by all and sundry for having such a stable club and still be playing like we were under roos.

what about someone who can implement a system to take advantage of the best player in the comp. to be fair his signing has lost us valuable players but as long as the marketing department are creaming their jeans.

what about someone who can implement a system to take advantage of the best player in the comp. to be fair his signing has lost us valuable players but as long as the marketing department are creaming their jeans.

You really think that Horse has a plan to specifically not use the talents of the best player in the comp?

Don't be ridiculous!

Our best kicks can't kick the ball further than 30m with any accuracy.
We don't have a ruckman that takes marks around the ground, particularly from kick-ins.
We have nobody with elite ball use in our midfield.
Our best players' form goes up and down as much as the form of our kids.
We don't have any leg speed.

Not his fault apparently

He’s only had 5 years to think of a plan

Anyone who can setup a team to score more than 5 goals in a game.

You'd still lose, but you'd be objectively better.

I'd rather have a burrito sitting in the box.

Of all the coaches we have had in my memory, some have been great (Smith, Roos), most have been good (Eade, Hafey, Horse) and some were woeful (McMahon, Tuddenham, Stewart and Buckenara). Horse is at risk of dropping to woeful.

Of all the coaches we have had in my memory, some have been great (Smith, Roos), most have been good (Eade, Hafey, Horse) and some were woeful (McMahon, Tuddenham, Stewart and Buckenara). Horse is at risk of dropping to woeful.

His record will read as great. Reality is probably good. Would have to really mess up to be spoken about in the same company as woeful. Won a premiership and took them to finals every season at the helm, long way off woeful.

His record will read as great. Reality is probably good. Would have to really mess up to be spoken about in the same company as woeful. Won a premiership and took them to finals every season at the helm, long way off woeful.

Has had a heap of talent at his disposal. Burns it with absurd game style and personality that does not allow self reflection.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not even Longmires most passionate critics could ever make a case he is in Buckanarras company
In the Swans era the argument for our best coach is between Roos & Longmire. I can't see any other coach being up for debate but the way people are carrying on is as if he's the worst coach we've had.

In the Swans era the argument for our best coach is between Roos & Longmire. I can't see any other coach being up for debate but the way people are carrying on is as if he's the worst coach we've had.

Winning a premiership is something many coaches have failed to do.

He has been a successful afl coach.

If in hypothetical world he left the swans, he would get another gig if he wanted.

Roos or Longmire is an interesting debate too

Sorry to say that it's been obvious for a while that he has no plan B. Our midfield is no longer the dominant force it was and, when the opponent exploits that, he has no answer.

In fairness to Horse, he doesn't have the tools to even come up with an answer. Two of our once-star mids are totally cooked well before their time (KJ and Hanners), JPK is showing a bit of a decline (not much), Hewett was (correctly) used for tagging roles, and Heeney and Parker aren't yet at the point where they can consistently dominate games out of the middle (don't think Parker ever will be.)

Horse is partially to blame but the blame lies with everyone at the club really. I think there was a bit of complacency looking at our list and just feeling comfortable with the fact we have this dominant midfield full of All Australians. Eventually that was going to hit a wall and the club seemingly weren't prepared.

What they do from here on can tell us where their heads are at. If they go after the Darcy Moores and Tom Jonas' of the world when our back-line consistently stopped us from being thrashed this year, then that tells me they're out of tune with what our real issue is.

I'd take a chance on Brett Kirk. He's one of our own, and has done an apprenticeship.

Not sure I'd want one of our own. I'd rather someone with no history with this club, who won't try and draw on aspects of 'Bloods footy' which would not suit this current group of Swans one iota. Just fresh eyes who can come in and say these kids don't have to be Bloods, they can just be a dangerous team.

What they do from here on can tell us where their heads are at. If they go after the Darcy Moores and Tom Jonas' of the world when our back-line consistently stopped us from being thrashed this year, then that tells me they're out of tune with what our real issue is.

This is short sighted. What many seem to not understand is that our backline is protected by a defensive midfield strategy. If we want to be more attacking, have our forwards in the forward line and transition the ball better, we need a defence who don’t require as much midfield support.

This is short sighted. What many seem to not understand is that our backline is protected by a defensive midfield strategy. If we want to be more attacking, have our forwards in the forward line and transition the ball better, we need a defence who don’t require as much midfield support.

+ we play a loose man at the back because our defence is undersized and seems to operate better when we have the extra defender there to help out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back