Next weeks game bigger than a final

Remove this Banner Ad

Well we lost and our season is all but done. Anyone think this game was not bigger than a final now!!!!!!!!

Really concerned what a loss next week will mean for the club for the next few years

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well we lost and our season is all but done. Anyone think this game was not bigger than a final now!!!!!!!!

Really concerned what a loss next week will mean for the club for the next few years

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I reckon this game coming up will be like a final. Huge risk and reward scenario.

Yes, next week is a final but it's much bigger than a final. It's about our credibility as a club. Lose and that's three elim final losses in a row. It will make or break the club. It's either a step towards clawing back credibility or an utter embarrassment and disgrace and we should never be taken seriously again. Simple as that.

Last edited:
I think the Brisbane result was harder to cop than our game vs Port - after assuming Brisbane would win 50+, that last 5 minutes was torture.

It was absolute torture. Meanwhile all my lions mates were sending videos to me of them celebrating after the game.

Decided to spend the next 3 hours staring at the ceiling in a dark room 😂 😂

It was absolute torture. Meanwhile all my lions mates were sending videos to me of them celebrating after the game.

Decided to spend the next 3 hours staring at the ceiling in a dark room 😂 😂
It was hard not to think we were a massive chance when they were only 5 up with 15 minutes to go… we should have known better!

I think it's safe to assume that was an AFL directive. Some of those free kicks paid in the last quarter were just abyssmal, and downright cheating.
I think the Bulldogs should call out the AFL's cheating with a publicity campaign entitled "Gillty as Charged" and then start a breakaway national comp. They could call it the Victorian Football Association. I reckon Hawthorn and North would be in it.

First initiatives after getting enough teams (Tassy, Cairns, Canberra, Albury-Wodonga, NT, etc) would be to repeal the ban on third-man-up, resume games at VUWO, legalise the flick pass, impeach Razor Ray and retrospectively award Chris Grant his Brownlow Medal (renamed the EJ Whitten Medal).

You know it's a good idea Dogs. Do it.

I think the Bulldogs should call out the AFL's cheating with a publicity campaign entitled "Gillty as Charged" and then start a breakaway national comp. They could call it the Victorian Football Association. I reckon Hawthorn and North would be in it.

First initiatives after getting enough teams (Tassy, Cairns, Canberra, Albury-Wodonga, NT, etc) would be to repeal the ban on third-man-up, resume games at VUWO, legalise the flick pass, impeach Razor Ray and retrospectively award Chris Grant his Brownlow Medal (renamed the EJ Whitten Medal).

You know it's a good idea Dogs. Do it.

I had similar feelings, but I would just prefer we withdraw our AFL license and join the WRFL...it is MUCH better run and far less corrupt or incompetent. :drunk:

I had similar feelings, but I would just prefer we withdraw our AFL license and join the WRFL...it is MUCH better run and far less corrupt or incompetent. :drunk:
Maybe we could repurpose our squad as baseballers?

Yes, next week is a final but it's much bigger than a final. It's about our credibility as a club. Lose and that's three elim final losses in a row. It will make or break the club. It's either a step towards clawing back credibility or an utter embarrassment and disgrace and we should never be taken seriously again. Simple as that.

Is that you Damien Barrett??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't agree. If we lose next week I don't think it changes much. We are already irrelevant now. I doubt the players and coaching staff have any belief anymore. Most will secretly hope we lose so the nightmare will be over and they can have a break from footy. Or maybe that's just me projecting.

I don't agree. If we lose next week I don't think it changes much. We are already irrelevant now. I doubt the players and coaching staff have any belief anymore. Most will secretly hope we lose so the nightmare will be over and they can have a break from footy. Or maybe that's just me projecting.

If we lose to Essendon next week the footy world is going to hate us for breaking their run of not winning a final.

It’s the likely outcome based on recent data.

However, if we win and play well emotions will change in a heartbeat.

It’s the likely outcome based on recent data.

However, if we win and play well emotions will change in a heartbeat.

Exactly. I want the pressure turned right up on the club this week. Staring at three Elim final exits in a row, that means a hell of a lot more than Essendon's years without winning a final. Most of their players would have had nappies on when that all started.

For our club, this is the sort of finish to a season that ends careers and if our players don't realise that already, hopefully someone reminds them. It's all on them now. They either stand up and slowly start to wipe away some of the embarrassment and redeem some pride or they just meekly concede and become even more of a running joke than is already the case.

As far as I'm concerned, this means a hell of a lot, more than just win/loss.

Exactly. I want the pressure turned right up on the club this week. Staring at three Elim final exits in a row, that means a hell of a lot more than Essendon's years without winning a final. Most of their players would have had nappies on when that all started.

For our club, this is the sort of finish to a season that ends careers and if our players don't realise that already, hopefully someone reminds them. It's all on them now. They either stand up and slowly start to wipe away some of the embarrassment and redeem some pride or they just meekly concede and become even more of a running joke than is already the case.

As far as I'm concerned, this means a hell of a lot, more than just win/loss.

Line in the sand moment for this club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back