Remove this Banner Ad

CliffMcTainshaw

Premiership Player
Apr 11, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Cill Chainnigh
The points system to go down a couple of points. Salary cap to be introduced. Whether it works or not is another matter.

Anyone have any idea of the proposed limits for each division?

Saw it written somewhere few days ago cant seem to recall the link

But it was 225, 175, 150, 100

No. Points system has had little effect at this stage. Maybe in a couple of years as it slowly drops along with the salary cap. If it can be enforced!!!
Four years ago Balwyn was paying around $620 a game. More if you had a contract. At $620 a game that's around $250K for the season without accounting for anyone on a contract (and there were around half a dozen). How they will get along on $225K is anyones guess.

Only a few clubs came close to the points but they were discounted in the first year so may be different next year

Top 4 or 5 clubs all had footy departments upwards of 400k in the last few years according to their financials (published ones)

Will make for an interesting off season with some blokes shopping themselves around I guess

I wonder weather sign on fees will be included in the cap, upper hard at work already pushing into 2nd div (not a dig lowey so dont get upset).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well i know of one club who payed out sign on fees this week, be interesting how they police this.
Sign ons will be allowed as long as such is stipulated in said players contract. And Silent Bob given your post earlier today regarding upper and their push into Div 2 and then this post can we put 2 and 2 together and assume the club who has paid sign ons this week ???

historically upper pay their players in qtrs. Not sure anyone gets money weekly.that might be what has actually happened. They've just paid up players contracts.

2 and 2 equals 4[/QUOTE
2 and 2 equals 4
Sounds like you are telling me Upper is the club you are referring to regards paying sign on fees. Well I'll state directly to you sir that you are making this up . I know for a fact this is has not happened and will not. If you want to take this crap further I'll challenge you to come up with something more than muck raking behind an alias .

I wouldn't worry bout it too much bully man. Silent bob is an old nemesis that's got an inferiority complex about upper gully.....he's from ftg!

I wouldn't worry bout it too much bully man. Silent bob is an old nemesis that's got an inferiority complex about upper gully.....he's from ftg!
Aha I guessed as much . Well I hope he can read better than he can spell. Payed , weather !!!! If he's from FTG I wouldn't be bringing up player payments too often . They paid truck loads more than anyone else and almost stuffed it.

No inferiority complex lowey, was actually happy upper got the job done, especially with so many upper kids in the team. I was told by more than one people that new players were payed sign on fees this week, neither would have a reason to make this up and are generally on the mark with this sort of stuff. If they've given false info then fair enough but they we're pretty certain.

No inferiority complex lowey, was actually happy upper got the job done, especially with so many upper kids in the team. I was told by more than one people that new players were payed sign on fees this week, neither would have a reason to make this up and are generally on the mark with this sort of stuff. If they've given false info then fair enough but they we're pretty certain.
If they've given false information it's NOT fair enough. As I said upper haven't and won't . Full stop. I'd be telling your own club to inject some pace into their side or Div 3 won't be all that enjoyable.

Here's what I heard just a couple of minutes ago involving Upper Gully players. It seems that even while the club is still celebrating, Bayswater aren't wasting any time on their celebrtions and have let Upper know that they want a couple of Upper's best players; Risley and Godfrey and are also after CHF Smith who Upper are hoping would be coming back from Casey Scorpions. So it might be a different club to Upper.

Here's what I heard just a couple of minutes ago involving Upper Gully players. It seems that even while the club is still celebrating, Bayswater aren't wasting any time on their celebrtions and have let Upper know that they want a couple of Upper's best players; Risley and Godfrey and are also after CHF Smith who Upper are hoping would be coming back from Casey Scorpions. So it might be a different club to Upper.
Send me your address Cliff so I can send you a napkin to wipe your chin. Riseley , yes that's how you spell it, and Godfrey have already signed . Smith? That's down the track . He's got some unfinished business at the Scorps . Seriously some of the rubbish people speak is mind boggling.

Well Bully next time you are down are the club, ask around and find out just why Bayswater contacted Upper to tell them they were going to speak to those players. Must have been to offer their congratulations on winning the GF. Not sure why it would be just those two.

Well Bully next time you are down are the club, ask around and find out just why Bayswater contacted Upper to tell them they were going to speak to those players. Must have been to offer their congratulations on winning the GF. Not sure why it would be just those two.
Cliff a good question would be do you actually know
A) Tim Riseley
B) Andrew Godfrey or
C ) Tim smith ?
I am certain you don't , so one would ask why would you think they would be interested in moving clubs when they are and always have been upper gully people?
Quite offensive really !

Remove this Banner Ad

Back