Next Year

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder weather sign on fees will be included in the cap, upper hard at work already pushing into 2nd div (not a dig lowey so dont get upset).
What's interesting about your quote silent bob is the fact that we literally have not met with any prospective players for next year as yet , so maybe check your facts before you slander hard working local footy clubs mate !

Take a chill pill folks! Baysie can ask all they like about ris godders and even tim.....they're allowed to enquirer! But can they beat the 3 time reigning premiers the way the dogs did tonight.....wait I got sidetracked....what where we talking about. Oh that's right the doggies! No that wasn't it....

Not sure that Cliff actually stated that the boys were keen on moving on. He said that he heard Bayswater called Upper to let them know they would be making an approach. Very polite. It is that time of season Boys.

For a club that has gone through undefeated & had an amazing season some of you Upper lads are a little uptight.

& if Smith was contemplating a return to the League there would be stronger clubs than Bayswater on the scene. (please note I have not said he will - no more meltdowns, be happy).

Last edited:

It's a pity some of you blokes didn't pay more attention to reading and comprehension in your earlier years.
For what its worth I hope they all your players stay with Upper. I wouldn't want to see a repeat of what happened last time you were promoted.

It's a pity some of you blokes didn't pay more attention to reading and comprehension in your earlier years.
For what its worth I hope they all your players stay with Upper. I wouldn't want to see a repeat of what happened last time you were promoted.
What a joke you blokes are . You want to spread crap about made up rubbish and you get howled down and you can't handle it . Why don't you concentrate your thoughts on whatever club you support . As unless it's Balwyn or Vermont there's plenty of improvement needed .

If you aren't aware transfers started Nov 1 instead of Feb 1 as used to be the case.
East Burwood have lost Jayden Duman. Major loss for the Rams.

Gday Lads,

Hope your all well and ready for some footy ...........
Heard that the EFL is contemplating 5 ten team divisions next year (2018) with the bottom 3 being relegated from 1st Divvy
Thoughts ?

D1 and D2 10 teams,D3,D4 and D5 8 teams.If they are going down that path lets hope they make the decision before the 1st game so clubs finishing at the bottom end of the ladder know what is ahead.

A ten grade D1 and D2 means every one plays each other twice (which I like),not sure how they would fixture a 8 team grade.I would presume D1 and D2 would be a final 5 and D3/D4 and D5 would be a final 4 if they go down the path I mentioned in my first paragraph.

Another advantage in a 10 team D1 is the number of teams that are not good enough to make finals but still win their 5 or 6 games every year and remain in that division.Would it be better for these sides to be in D2 where they could be more successful (realise they could lose players who might want to play D1 footy) but every one likes to win.

Was discussed at the Presidents meeting during the week. A board meeting in May, with the thought to implement in 2018.

As expected numerous clubs were not happy and there was many animated reactions, especially from the 1st Division table. Surely those voting should not be surprised. Clubs work hard to get to the highest division with plans implemented over many years. To compete at the highest level is the ultimate goal for many clubs, even if that means limited success. To be told in May that 3 clubs will be going down at the end of this season lacks common decency. Even if you know now it is too late. What can a club determined to stay up do in late March?

Most clubs agree in principle but it is the implementation that is the concern. If the vote is YES for change in May 2017, then this should not be implemented until 2019. That way everybody knows and can act as they see fit for the 2018 season.

Too many changes are being made on the run (a little like at the highest level), with little consideration to the flow on effects to clubs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely agree if it is going to be brought in it should now be season 2019.

There are 3 or 4 clubs in 1st division that struggle to make the top 5 but are competitive in D1 every year and avoid relegation.I ask the question are they happy with that or would life be better in D2 where there is a more realistic chance of finals action for them.

Then in the current D4,pretty sure the regular mid to bottom sides in that division would definitely vote for 5 divisions.

Is a difficult one and would think a close vote and perhaps the current D1 and D4 clubs could decide which way it goes.

Definitely agree if it is going to be brought in it should now be season 2019.

There are 3 or 4 clubs in 1st division that struggle to make the top 5 but are competitive in D1 every year and avoid relegation.I ask the question are they happy with that or would life be better in D2 where there is a more realistic chance of finals action for them.
The many conversations I have had with some on the current coaching staff & committee members at these clubs they want to stay up.
Unfortunately they have not been consulted to this point, but I think you will find the reaction of numerous presidents during the week was pretty emphatic.

I just hope that those making decisions are actually listening.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back