Brett5150

Debutant
Oct 11, 2009
North Brisbane
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
North Melbourne. Gold Coast.
The Herald sun is reporting that we may see 6 week blocks again like this year. I'm just wondering if this is the case, who supports it?. Do we really think next year we will have the same problems as this year. I was hoping we would have a fixture in place by next month, and was expecting games to be played mostly interstate again.

The Herald sun is reporting that we may see 6 week blocks again like this year. I'm just wondering if this is the case, who supports it?. Do we really think next year we will have the same problems as this year. I was hoping we would have a fixture in place by next month, and was expecting games to be played mostly interstate again.
Look at what's happening in the UK at the moment and six-week blocks don't sound so bad

As long as we have interstate borders open, what's the problem?

Might be a good idea to have the first 17 rounds to be everyone playing everyone once though.
It should be this way permanently. And have 3 games against "Rivals" that changes every 2 years. Then every team gets to play every other team home, away and has some bonus matches to build or continue a rivalry.

Can kind of see the point of 6 week blocks as things can change rapidly. But why would most games be played out of Victoria? The way things are tracking borders will be open by next season. It might be needed, but it could be needed for any state too, not just Victoria.

Surely we won’t be hubbing in QLD against next year.

Victoria has like 8 active cases.
By March, * knows what the situation might be. We might have virtually eradicated it nationally, or (looking far less likely) every state might flare up into a UK nightmare. Or it might just keep popping along wiht a few cases here and there, with the risk of outbreaks constant but not eventuating - much like Sydney has been for months.

I’d be surprised if the AFL don’t announce the fixtures in five or six week blocks next season. They will want to make up for as much lost cash as possible. It will help if they can maximise the returns for teams that are on a roll, both in terms of gate receipts and tv ratings.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back