Meltdown NFC East - Cantankerous Bastards Getting a Room ©

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 25, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Not an unpopular pick to win the East.

Not that winning the East qualifies a team as good.
But the questions is why weren't they an unpopular pick to win the East? They don't strike as anything other than a 5 or 6 win team. They'll be lucky to finish off the bottom depending on how the Giants go

But the questions is why weren't they an unpopular pick to win the East? They don't strike as anything other than a 5 or 6 win team. They'll be lucky to finish off the bottom depending on how the Giants go

Depending how the Giants go?

if you're predicting they win 5 or 6 wins, you'd have to fancy the 2-0 giants to finish above them.

There's been some pretty epic collapses from teams who started undefeated

There's been some I'm sure. The dream team eagles come to mind. The statistics however broadly support the concept that teams that start 2-0 are more likely to play in the post season, teams that finish 0-2 unlikely.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Cowboys.com's Bryan Broaddus suggested that Ezekiel Elliott "doesn't look as explosive" as he did in college.

It's hard to argue against for a back averaging 3.3 yards per carry after Elliott averaged 6.7 YPC at Ohio State. Elliott got nothing going against the Giants in Week 1 and only had a few nice runs in Week 2 against the Redskins. Broaddus suggested that Elliott's "conditioning doesn't look right" and later tweeted Elliott may be "kinda living life too much." There have been rumors Elliott isn't fully focused on football for awhile now. Elliott does have major breakout potential on Sunday Night Football against the Bears' injury-depleted defense.

Source: Bryan Broaddus on Twitter

Cowboys.com's Bryan Broaddus suggested that Ezekiel Elliott "doesn't look as explosive" as he did in college.

It's hard to argue against for a back averaging 3.3 yards per carry after Elliott averaged 6.7 YPC at Ohio State. Elliott got nothing going against the Giants in Week 1 and only had a few nice runs in Week 2 against the Redskins. Broaddus suggested that Elliott's "conditioning doesn't look right" and later tweeted Elliott may be "kinda living life too much." There have been rumors Elliott isn't fully focused on football for awhile now. Elliott does have major breakout potential on Sunday Night Football against the Bears' injury-depleted defense.

Source: Bryan Broaddus on Twitter

TRich MKII?

Agree with tweet though, its not just the YPC, Zeke doesnt look nearly as explosive or as light on his feet (jukes and cuts) as he did at OS, wouldnt be surprised if he is carrying a few extra kegs, whether that is by design or poor conditioning. Still has time to get it right but he isnt the player i had imagined through the first two games.

Chad will stick his head in and wield his intellect when the skins start winning. So dont hold your breath.

His mates on capital connection are abandoning ship, Captain Kirk copping the wrath:

"Cousins showed grit but he lacks poise and situational awareness. Don’t be surprised if he continues this streak of incompetence into next week as the Giants are a winning team and we all know how Cousins fares against winning teams.

More than anything all the swagger and confidence this team had coming into the season is now gone and rightfully so, as they seem to act like a defending division champion in name only"

Aug 3, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
His mates on capital connection are abandoning ship, Captain Kirk copping the wrath:

"Cousins showed grit but he lacks poise and situational awareness. Don’t be surprised if he continues this streak of incompetence into next week as the Giants are a winning team and we all know how Cousins fares against winning teams.

More than anything all the swagger and confidence this team had coming into the season is now gone and rightfully so, as they seem to act like a defending division champion in name only"
Rather read Woman's Day before I read that crap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 23, 2014
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Has Cousins never beaten a team who finished the season with a winning record? Or never beaten a team who had a winning record at the time?

Don't think so. Only won the division because Romo was injured and Chip lost his mind.

voting for himself in the HOF thread

You said people can vote for whoever they want. I chose to take that part to over-rule the 'don't vote for yourself part'.

Chad loves Chad.

Chad will stick his head in and wield his intellect when the skins start winning. So dont hold your breath.

If I only posted here when the Redskins were winning, I'd have about 12 total posts over the last decade.

This fantasy you've concocted about me being some sort of downhill skier is amusing, but as usual with you and your opinions, utterly baseless.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
So after 2 games, skins fans have gone from Franchise QB Cousins and playoffs to we are s**t. Talk about going from one extreme to the other.
Not all Skins fans. I'm from the country. I'm riding Cousins as far as I can.

Did I just see a post that compared someone's college YPC to their NFL YPC?

Hilarious

Cowboys.com :p

Pinnacle of Sports Journalism

Remove this Banner Ad

Back